The Super League is disbanding / Ed Woodward Resigning

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Glazers may sell up! Woodward resignation paves the way for this!

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
I have never been so ashamed to be a United fan: Chelsea and City pulling out. United should announce their withdrawal NOW!
The fact that City pulled out before United doesn't give us any moral high ground.
Both clubs acted appallingly.

OmarUnited4ever

Not a chance.

They've suffered massive damage from this. The Super League plans we know they've been working on for years have now been stymied, they've suffered massive reputational damage, they've burned bridges with both UEFA and other clubs and they've guaranteed measures will be put in place to prevent something like this happening again.

I get people think it's clever to suggest it was all a ploy that they are clever enough to see through but there comes a point where cynicism is just delusion and conspiracy theorising.

There's no 4D chess here. These clubs have done damage to themselves by botching an attempt at creating a Super League. It's as straightforward as that.
I agree.

Although FIFA & UEFA are corrupt, they did well in calling the bluff of Florentino Perez and his gang of owners, now they have no leg to stand on when they go to negotiate for the CL format and share % of the revenues, and they will be under severe pressure from the fans to not do anything similar to this ever again.

Ventura

So what shall we call the Superleague Exit? Sexit?

A little worrying though, as Glazers might be tempted to sell now their project failed and we could be looking at Saudi owners.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Breaking news: Perez still Real Madrid President

The other 18 La Liga clubs have apologised for the mess, and accepted his pardon.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So what shall we call the Superleague Exit? Sexit?

A little worrying though, as Glazers might be tempted to sell now their project failed and we could be looking at Saudi owners.
Thank you for ruining everything.

GMoore23

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of the Glazers and Woodwards rule at our great club. They've probably been planning this for years and I'm so glad it's backfired. Hopefully the Glazers will start selling off shares soon. They were never welcome anyway but the fans will never forgive them for this and rightly so. They have totally embarrassed this historic club.
Get The Feck Out You Twats.
Woodward Out????
I was right then.
Now for the Glazers, Sell up and get out you Cnuts.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Ed will stay in the role for 2021.

That can only mean one thing: Ed is overseeing the exit of the Glazer family.

The nightmare ends.

Jibbs

The clubs caved in too soon... i am gutted the corrupt leeches at UEFA get to have their way and come out all saintly from this.

Varun

Staff
Not a chance.

They've suffered massive damage from this. The Super League plans we know they've been working on for years have now been stymied, they've suffered massive reputational damage, they've burned bridges with both UEFA and other clubs and they've guaranteed measures will be put in place to prevent something like this happening again.

I get people think it's clever to suggest it was all a ploy that they are clever enough to see through but there comes a point where cynicism is just delusion and conspiracy theorising.

There's no 4D chess here. These clubs have done damage to themselves by botching an attempt at creating a Super League. It's as straightforward as that.
Occam's razor

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Ed will stay in the role for 2021.

That can only mean one thing: Ed is overseeing the exit of the Glazer family.

The nightmare ends.
I wish that was the case but realistically a CEO can't just leave immediately, there's a slow transition period

atkar83

The clubs caved in too soon... i am gutted the corrupt leeches at UEFA get to have their way and come out all saintly from this.
At lease whatever UEFA was doing didn't put hundreds of teams in various FAs in jeopardy, along with the 10s of thousands those teams employ. One battle at a time. This one atleast looks to have gotten rid of Woodward, 2 birds one stone

Gasolin

woodward has resigned? Angelli too? The feck has happened.

Turned my phone off for an hour, all this happens. I take full credit!
Keep it turned off and we might see the Glazers out as well!

AlwaysRed66

I hope the Spanish clubs use this opportunity to sink Real Madrid/Barcelona & force through a Premiership style YV deal, with equal shares, not like now where the vast majority goes to these two parasites. They would whine then. Not sure how the deal works in Italy.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Can we please get a BBC or reliable source confirmation on Woodward resigning!? My heart can't take this
Simon Stone has reported it, he is stepping down end of season. However I think he was going to do that anyway...

stepic

What a cock up. I mean what reaction did they expect? Useless, clueless boards.

Zen86

It’s a victory for football, I just hope this is the tipping point for real change and a restructuring of football. I won’t get my hopes up though, UEFAs answer will be to tip a few extra pennies towards the big clubs and nothing and we’ll go through this all again in the near future.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
You really want that, considering Boris is one of the most vocal opponents of the ESL, and has even threatened state intervention to prevent English clubs from joining?
If Tories are standing in the way of free market capitalism, imagine how fast Labour would get us back to fan controllership.

So yes. Obviously. Boris is a Cnut.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I wish that was the case but realistically a CEO can't just leave immediately, there's a slow transition period
Not necessarily. If the supervisory board accepts a resignation it is done.