The Super League is disbanding / Ed Woodward Resigning

Gasolin

United will not withdraw. This will be disbanded so all 12 team at once will go out (as a team).
But let's see, it should be happening before Friday for us. I hear that the majority of clubs are now withdrawing, meaning more than 8. We could be part of the 2nd wave. Wouldn't be surprised if the Italians withdraw, they decided to participate in a meeting they were not invited on for Serie A.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Watch Klopp back track on the nonsense he was saying last night.
Also now watch players openly criticise the idea when they were quiet yesterday.
Hopefully it means we keep Klopp (if he still trusts us) and we can overtake Utd's league titles after all. :devil:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I agree with @sullydnl and others that this looks like a loss for the ESL clubs vs. UEFA/FIFA. We don't know what happened behind the scenes, of course (maybe UEFA made huge concessions), but given that nothing has been hinted about that yet and clubs are leaving one by one (as opposed to the ESL victoriously disbanding as a unit), it seems to me that the huge outpour of disgust has convinced the clubs that this isn't the way to go - meaning that they'll have to got back to UEFA with no cards left in their hands. Luckily for them, the CL expansion is going to happen anyway; but they won't have much to pressure UEFA with for quite a while.

Not that UEFA are the good guys, of course; but at least they feel strongly about promotion/relegation and about including all of Europe in their football structures and revenue distributions.
Woodward's resignation confirms it.

What a spectacular botch this was.

vanrooney

It's simple to play in the Champions League you actually need to perform.
To play in the SL you just sit on yer arse and do feck all for 20 years while making significantly more. Devalues the Premier league and the CL which hurts plenty of clubs. All while being exclusive and permanent, performance not mattering without consulting the fans, players or managers and throwing them under the bus.
you could also argue that the cl itself devalued the small leagues and the uefa cup and cup of the cup winners as in the good old days only the league winners played against each other and so on. with the cl the power shifted and with the pl getting more and more of a money league the power shifted further. thats one of the biggest problem in fact because if there wouldnt be that much money in the pl there wouldnt be so much plastic clubs and there wouldnt be a so called big six. you are right when you say the top clubs would not need to perform anymore but they didnt really need to perform as long as the pl was not that competitive. is it fair that real and barca athletico play cl every year competingin a much weaker league while english clubs have to get top 4 against "super" clubs? i dont think so

Gasolin

Hopefully it means we keep Klopp (if he still trusts us) and we can overtake Utd's league titles after all. :devil:
If we let Ole keep the progress, don't count us out mate. We are finally taking back football people for football matters.

RedDevilzFox

Sky have not mentioned the Woodward news. I'd expect it to be breaking on there, right?
They'd have to have expected the backlash. So the real question is, what's going on behind the scenes. Surely they didn't walk into this with jellyfish backbone that crumbled with only couple of days of uproar??

Gasolin

They'd have to have expected the backlash. So the real question is, what's going on behind the scenes. Surely they didn't walk into this with jellyfish backbone that crumbled with only couple of days of uproar??
Maybe the response from the domestic FA and leagues were stronger than what they expected?

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
woodward has resigned? Angelli too? The feck has happened.

Turned my phone off for an hour, all this happens. I take full credit!