The Super League is disbanding / Ed Woodward Resigning

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
News is that he was planning to leave at the end of the year anyway.
Makes no sense for this to be his plan. Mastermind our participation in a brand new league worth hundreds of millions per season and walk within months of it starting? No chance.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
For what it's worth United haven't officially left the ESL - let's just remember that before we get too excited.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Alex! Where've you been lad?
Very, very depressed. Been through a course of counselling and doing much better now though. Don't want to get too ahead of myself but I've been feeling really good for going on 6 months now and I'm not letting the things that used to get to me affect me.

Think binning pretty much all social media has helped. Not sure I'll be on here much in all honesty because I've been enjoying being offline, but this shitstorm has pulled me back in at least for a bit.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Very, very depressed. Been through a course of counselling and doing much better now though. Don't want to get too ahead of myself but I've been feeling really good for going on 6 months now and I'm not letting the things that used to get to me affect me.

Think binning pretty much all social media has helped. Not sure I'll be on here much in all honesty because I've been enjoying being offline, but this shitstorm has pulled me back in at least for a bit.
feck me. Glad you are doing better and I hope it continues. The caf can be a great support mechanism. For all our shitposting we really care. Stop by the general sometime and say hello. :)

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Excellent power play by the elite, who will succeed in probably what they wanted all along and get fantastic ‘compromise’ terms which was probably their move all along. They have played UEFA and FIFA beautifully I suspect. They have shown their teeth and I suspect this move will get them what they want.
Yeah. Hands played so excellently the players holding the cards are losing their jobs....
The threat is stronger than the action. A possible super league was always a way to shift more power to big clubs, now they have pushed that button and it blew up in their face. They have lost their leverage, the have lost their ECA representation and they haveost a lot of credibility.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Beware, this is just Episode IV.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
So it's just gonna be Real, Milan, Inter, Tottenham and Arsenal playing each other 8 times a year? Count me in.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
feck me. Glad you are doing better and I hope it continues. The caf can be a great support mechanism. For all our shitposting we really care. Stop by the general sometime and say hello. :)
Cheers Doc!

Maybe at some point I'll treat everyone to another essay ;)

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Not a chance.

They've suffered massive damage from this. The Super League plans we know they've been working on for years have now been stymied, they've suffered massive reputational damage, they've burned bridges with both UEFA and other clubs and they've guaranteed measures will be put in place to prevent something like this happening again.

I get people think it's clever to suggest it was all a ploy that they are clever enough to see through but there comes a point where cynicism is just delusion and conspiracy theorising.

There's no 4D chess here. These clubs have done damage to themselves by botching an attempt at creating a Super League. It's as straightforward as that.
Well said.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
ESL was a disaster before it even got going. You really expected anyone to believe there would be salary caps and enforced FFP when clubs like Man CIty signed up? Nothing but greed. And how did any of these people think they could just launch a new league behind the backs of the players and managers? Ta ra, Ed. You won't be missed.

DickDastardly

Now that it's all done and dusted.......i feel kinda sad for the SL 12 clubs and the masterminds behind it.

I thought they had it figured out.

To be fair, wasn't a bad plan from them, you know, business wise. After all, it's all business to them, and to be fair, it's actually all the business that keeps us all here.

Hell, come every transfer window, we see crying for players and more more more and better players and better coaches.
People seem to forget, it takes a lot of money to keep up with the top dogs.

Now we get to see how UEFA react to all of this.
Let's not kid ourselves, they should be sharing the guilt, it's not like they're fecking flowers.
They are corrupt as feck.

Now that the footballing world has somehow dealt with the breakaway SL super clubs, the next step in all of this should be aimed at them!
Get more footballing people in the UEFA and less lawyers and business men.

Counterfactual

Good to hear you're doing better. Best wishes for the future.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
Woodward not going until end of calander year. Will he sit in the stands?

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
If Tories are standing in the way of free market capitalism, imagine how fast Labour would get us back to fan controllership.

So yes. Obviously. Boris is a Cnut.
:lol:

You would not be allowed to own ANYTHING like that if Labour got their way. They would just nationalise it like City has been by Qatar.

g11

Does this mean Spurs will rehire Mourinho back since they sacked him due to the ESL?