The Third Redcafe Sheep Draft

MJJ

With the new scoreline what happens if one side has more votes but its dispersed between different scorelines?

For example:-

Team A vs Team B

1-0: 3 Votes
2-0: 2 Votes
2-3: 4 Votes

Is team B the winner despite receiving less votes in total?

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
With the new scoreline what happens if one side has more votes but its dispersed between different scorelines?

For example:-

Team A vs Team B

1-0: 3 Votes
2-0: 2 Votes
2-3: 4 Votes

Is team B the winner despite receiving less votes in total?
Team A is the winner. Team A received more winning votes than Team B. Basically, 5-4. Scorelines only come into effect in the event of a tie.

Skizzo

1) Joga Bonito - Today
2) Enigma_87 - Today
3) Marty1968 - NOW!!!
4) EAP - Today
5) MJJ - now
6) KM/ Invictus - Yesterday.
7) Sjor/Physiocrat - today
8) Skizzo/Pat - Today

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
1) Joga Bonito - Today
2) Enigma_87 - Today
3) Marty1968 - NOW!!!
4) EAP - Today
5) MJJ - now
8) Skizzo/Pat - Today
9) The Stain - whenever
10) mazhar13 - Today

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Submissions for match thread OPs should not exceed 1 post. Your players (and voters) will switch off if you can't get your team-talk across in less than 1 post.
This hasn't been mentioned, but this is a great rule to put in place. It will make the draft experience better for everyone, not just for the voters.

Tuppet

1) Joga Bonito - Today
2) Enigma_87 - Today
3) Marty1968 - NOW!!!
4) EAP - Today
5) MJJ - now
8) Skizzo/Pat - Today
9) The Stain - whenever
10) mazhar13 - Today
11) tuppet - Today

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Knackered. Will fall asleep early today. Should be able to submit first pick in the morning.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Sounds interesting.

If anybody wants to bounce some ideas off me then just send a PM. I'm not too keen on being an AM though.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Is there a reason 2-0 / 0-2 and 3-1 / 1-3 are not there?

Ideally there should be 6 options per team and 12 options in total (excluding draws)...and that is way too much, imo.

1-0
2-0
2-1
3-0
3-1
3-2
Chester designed it so he's best placed to speak to the rationale behind it. Mostly about covering a few bases - narrow/comfortable win, low-scoring/high-scoring win. I think you could probably do it in a total of two or three on each side - for instance:

Win by one goal (1-0 / 2-1 / 3-2)
Win by two goals or more (2-0 / 3-1 / 4-2)

And so on.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
One thing that will be very likely is that the winner of this draft will be the one with an assistant manager. Seeing as this is a research-intense draft, the AM's will come in real handy here.

Last edited:

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
One thinf that will be very likely is that the winner of this draft will be the one with an assistant manager. Seeing as this is a research-intense draft, the AM's will come in real handy here.
Chain draft was research intensive :)

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
1) Joga Bonito - Today
2) Enigma_87 - Today
3) Marty1968 - NOW!!!
4) EAP - Today
5) MJJ - now
8) Skizzo/Pat - Today
9) The Stain - whenever
10) mazhar13 - Today
11) tuppet - Today
12) isotope - Today

Thanks for hosting @Gio and co.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
1) Joga Bonito - Today
2) Enigma_87 - Today
3) Marty1968 - NOW!!!
4) EAP - Today
5) MJJ - now
8) Skizzo/Pat - Today
9) The Stain - whenever
10) mazhar13 - Today
11) tuppet - Today
12) isotope - Today
13) Snow - Today

You'll never have to worry about me. I'll always log in at least once per day, even during my finals which start in two weeks.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
1) Joga Bonito - Today
2) Enigma_87 - Today
3) Marty1968 - NOW!!!
4) EAP - Today
5) MJJ - now
8) Skizzo/Pat - Today
9) The Stain - whenever
10) mazhar13 - Today
11) tuppet - Today
12) isotope - Today
13) Snow - Today
14) Stobzilla - Now

I think this is enough to convince Gio and his committee to bring on the fun.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Is there a reason 2-0 / 0-2 and 3-1 / 1-3 are not there?
It's meant to represent the three most common/plausible/interesting match scenarios: A park-the-bus style narrow win (where your defensive prowess wins the day for you), an even, open ended affair in which both teams will score, and finally a trashing.

In other words, if you feel that A's team is better and that the match will play out in a fairly regular manner (no insane advantage for anyone either offensively or defensively), you should probably vote 2-1/1-2.

Of course, ideally, there should be every half-plausible option under the sun to pick from - but I think having too many poll options will undermine the very idea. It will look ridiculous and people will run away from the thread rather than taking an interest.

Last edited:

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
It's meant to represent the three most common/plausible/interesting match scenarios: A park-the-bus style narrow win (where your defensive prowess wins the day for you), an even, open ended affair in which both teams will score, and finally a trashing.

In other words, if you feel that A's team is better and that the match will play out in a fairly regular manner (no insane advantage for anyone either offensively or defensively), you should probably vote 2-1/1-2.

Of course, ideally, there should be every half-plausible option under the sun to pick from - but I think having too many poll options will undermine the very idea. It will look ridiculous and people will run away from the thread rather than taking an interest.
Nah, more the choices, more the confusion and less the value. I'd just like 1, 2 & 3 goal differences to be represented in the options. I'd even go to avoid 3 goal difference as one wrong vote may skew the margins more.

Cal?

CR7 fan
1) Joga Bonito - Today
2) Enigma_87 - Today
3) Marty1968 - NOW!!!
4) EAP - Today
5) MJJ - now
8) Skizzo/Pat - Today
9) The Stain - whenever
10) mazhar13 - Today
11) tuppet - Today
12) Cal? - whenver

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
1) Joga Bonito - Today
2) Enigma_87 - Today
3) Marty1968 - NOW!!!
4) EAP - Today
5) MJJ - now
8) Skizzo/Pat - Today
9) The Stain - whenever
10) mazhar13 - Today
11) tuppet - Today
12) isotope - Today
13) Snow - Today
14) Stobzilla - Now
15) Cal? - whenver

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Nah, more the choices, more the confusion and less the value. I'd just like 1, 2 & 3 goal differences to be represented in the options. I'd even go to avoid 3 goal difference as one wrong vote may skew the margins more.
That precludes the "trashing" option, which goes against the "realism" principle: It means that if you honestly think one team is clearly superior and would wipe the floor with the opponent, you can't vote for this outcome.

As stated in the OP there is a possibility here that outlier votes could skew the goal difference, but it's of no very great consequence: It's just a question of goal difference, nothing more. In the current system, these scoreline options are cosmetic more than anything - a little spice and window dressing, plus they serve as an alternative to the increasingly tedious penalty shootouts.

If the sum total of "goals" actually (directly, that is) decided the outcome of the match, you'd have a point. But that isn't the case.

Look at it this way: Per now, utter randomness decides the winner in the case of a draw. What happens, at worst, with the new system is that a DEGREE of randomness (a couple of nutters going for the 3-0 option) decides the winner instead.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
There will be glitches, as mostly happened to the launching of every new procedure. But I think the proposed new voting system should be better then the recent one.

Most importantly, the voters who think draw is the valid outcome, has an option to make it count individually; instead of trying to 'balance out' the whole votes.