The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
They've got their excuses ready

Special family.

The special election was put in place after Rep. Dan Johnson died by suicide two days after the Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting published a story saying he had been accused of molesting a 17-year-old girl at the Fern Creek church where he was pastor. The story also linked him to arson cases and alcohol violations at the church.

Carolina Red

Staff
Her husband’s “religious” career...
In 1991, Johnson was involved in international missions through the Living Waters Church in Pasadena, California.[2] Johnson said he had performed miracles during trips to Venezuelaand Colombia, including curing deafness and raising a woman from the dead.[2]

The Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting(KyCIR) reported and debunked several claims made by Johnson about his life and ministry, including that he helped set up "safe zones" to protect people from the 1992 Los Angeles riots, that he served as White House Chaplain (a non-existent position) to Presidents George H. W. Bush, Bill Clinton, and George W. Bush, and that he had been an ambassador to the United Nations.[2] Although Johnson received workers' compensation benefits from the state of New York, KyCIR found no credible evidence of Johnson's claims that he set up an impromptu morgue near Ground Zero in the aftermath of the September 11 attacks and administered last rites for two weeks to the bodies of those pulled from the rubble.[2]

Johnson presented himself as a self-styled "bishop" at the Heart of Fire Church in Louisville, Kentucky.[5] The Lexington Herald-Leader described Johnson's nondenominational Heart of Fire church as "part evangelical church, part motorcycle bar" and reported that "heavy drinking parties including juveniles appear to be a regular part of the 'worship'".[4][6][7] On three separate occasions, officers from the Kentucky Alcoholic Beverage Commission cited Johnson and the church for selling alcohol without a license during weekend church parties.[4] At a 2009 trial involving the charges, Johnson said the alcohol was being used in communion ceremonies.[4]Johnson referred to himself as the "pope" of the church.[7][8]

After the church building burned in 2000, investigators found evidence that the fire had been intentionally set.[4] Johnson blamed the Ku Klux Klan for the act of arson.[4] The church's insurance company sued, and the case was settled with no formal charges being brought.[4]

Drifter

American
Not enough, too little too late and why the feck didn't he do this after Vegas?

A transparent gesture to just try and placate the shitstorm being caused by the Parkland school children right now.
That's it in a nutshell . Say to people look I've done something ,now let's move on till the next shooting.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Her husband’s “religious” career...
In 1991, Johnson was involved in international missions through the Living Waters Church in Pasadena, California.[2] Johnson said he had performed miracles during trips to Venezuelaand Colombia, including curing deafness and raising a woman from the dead.[2]

The Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting(KyCIR) reported and debunked several claims made by Johnson about his life and ministry, including that he helped set up "safe zones" to protect people from the 1992 Los Angeles riots, that he served as White House Chaplain (a non-existent position) to Presidents George H. W. Bush, Bill Clinton, and George W. Bush, and that he had been an ambassador to the United Nations.[2] Although Johnson received workers' compensation benefits from the state of New York, KyCIR found no credible evidence of Johnson's claims that he set up an impromptu morgue near Ground Zero in the aftermath of the September 11 attacks and administered last rites for two weeks to the bodies of those pulled from the rubble.[2]

Johnson presented himself as a self-styled "bishop" at the Heart of Fire Church in Louisville, Kentucky.[5] The Lexington Herald-Leader described Johnson's nondenominational Heart of Fire church as "part evangelical church, part motorcycle bar" and reported that "heavy drinking parties including juveniles appear to be a regular part of the 'worship'".[4][6][7] On three separate occasions, officers from the Kentucky Alcoholic Beverage Commission cited Johnson and the church for selling alcohol without a license during weekend church parties.[4] At a 2009 trial involving the charges, Johnson said the alcohol was being used in communion ceremonies.[4]Johnson referred to himself as the "pope" of the church.[7][8]

After the church building burned in 2000, investigators found evidence that the fire had been intentionally set.[4] Johnson blamed the Ku Klux Klan for the act of arson.[4] The church's insurance company sued, and the case was settled with no formal charges being brought.[4]
Quite the 'resume' and one who can relate to the sinners well.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He took notes into his listening session about the school shootings. Number 5 is to remind him to say “I hear you” :wenger::lol:

Javi

My staff prepares notes like this for me all the time. Nothing unusual about it, especially if it's a subject I'm not fully up to speed with.

Just kidding, I have no staff. Still not a big deal I think.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
My staff prepares notes like this for me all the time. Nothing unusual about it, especially if it's a subject I'm not fully up to speed with.

Just kidding, I have no staff. Still not a big deal I think.
"I hear you"

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He took notes into his listening session about the school shootings. Number 5 is to remind him to say “I hear you” :wenger::lol:

For me, Number 2 is the most telling. In the aftermath of these shootings, I think the most natural question is "How can I keep you safe?" or "How can I protect you?", which should be the biggest priority of of any adult towards any child, let alone the President and young Americans.

With Trump though, it's not about anything of any substance, it's essentially "How can I change your opinion?", rather than "what fundamental changes could I make that would have tangible results in protecting young people's lives".

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
For me, Number 2 is the most telling. In the aftermath of these shootings, I think the most natural question is "How can I keep you safe?" or "How can I protect you?", which should be the biggest priority of of any adult towards any child, let alone the President and young Americans.

With Trump though, it's not about anything of any substance, it's essentially "How can I change your opinion?", rather than "what fundamental changes could I make that would have tangible results in protecting young people's lives".
What can we do to help you feel safe.... :mad: not "do to make you safe".

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Is handwriting hereditary? :nervous: :lol:

No surprises there - it was obviously written for him. It's pretty remarkable that the POTUS has to be instructed in how to feign compassion and feeling for those affected by a shooting because he is unable to feel it for real.

Sadly he'll need new notes for the next one.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
How will they enforce this - fire any teachers who aren't willing to carry a gun in a classroom? What happens if nobody in the school is willing to do this?
Certainly will make things interesting if kids are a bit badly behaved in the class! Teacher pulls out a gun!

I'd also like to add that the thought of most of the teachers I had growing up were scary enough with a cane! Imagine them packing a piece!? It would be hilarious if it wasn't so f'ing insane and scary.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.