Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
"I never said give teachers guns...give 20% of teachers guns."

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
What does he mean by "must be offensive, defense alone won't work?". Does he advocate teachers shooting anyone looking suspicious at school?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
How will they enforce this - fire any teachers who aren't willing to carry a gun in a classroom? What happens if nobody in the school is willing to do this?
You can guarantee that if it is implemented, there will be incidents where:

An unstable teacher threatens an unruly child with the gun.
A shooting happens, multiple children are killed and allegations are made the one of the kids that was shot dead by a teacher was innocent and a case of mistaken identity or misreading of the situation.
A shooting happens, the shooter kills X number of kids and X number of kids were killed or injured by a Teacher without the proficient skill for the situation.
A teacher is careless and a student gains access to their gun and a tragedy happens.

You can also guarantee that in the aftermath of one of these incidents, the NRA and their disciples will be screaming on twitter calling it a "false flag" and accusing the teacher of being a plant.

The Republican response to the indecent, will be to blame the individual actions of the teacher, saying they are to blame. Completely ignoring the point that a teacher should never have had that responsibility forced onto them.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Does he realize teachers are actual people that might not have gone into teaching to potentially shoot mentally ill children? Teachers have a hard enough job as it is, implement this and no one will want te be a teacher at all.

The stupidity of his statements boggle the mind. I understand and accept the human race as a whole consists of a lot ignorant morons, but for the president of the US to be one of em.

I honestly wouldnt be surprised of his presidency turns out to be some sort of ground breaking new reality show where they punk'd the entire world. It's more plausible than America actually electing someone this mindblowingly thick.

Ubik

What does he mean by "must be offensive, defense alone won't work?". Does he advocate teachers shooting anyone looking suspicious at school?
I think more along the lines that defense = stopping people getting guns, offence = giving people more guns.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
It would be great to go back to the days of the wild west. Everyone arrive to school on a horse, packing a gun, smoking a cigarette, playing five finger fillet during recess.

kidbob

Calling the shooters a 'coward' is completely misreading the situations. Not to mention that virtually all of these shooters have no plan of surviving the shootings. They plan on dying. It'll just be a case of how many they can take with them before they are shot themselves.

Edit: as someone who has suffered with bi-polar as long as I can can remember I've never once harmed a living being in my whole life or had any thoughts of doing it except to kill myself. Mental illness isn't a 'one fits all' situation. If I had access to a gun I'd no doubt be dead right now. It is sick for me to see mental illness being used as the cause of these tragedies. No doubt it may play a part in a lot but stigmatising it further will only leave people who need help more reluctant to seek it.

Last edited:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Can any of our American friends on this forum explain wtf is going on in their country? Do they realise they have become a laughing stock around the world?

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS

A shooting happens, multiple children are killed and allegations are made the one of the kids that was shot dead by a teacher was innocent and a case of mistaken identity or misreading of the situation.
A shooting happens, the shooter kills X number of kids and X number of kids were killed or injured by a Teacher without the proficient skill for the situation.
A teacher is careless and a student gains access to their gun and a tragedy happens.

You can also guarantee that in the aftermath of one of these incidents, the NRA and their disciples will be screaming on twitter calling it a "false flag" and accusing the teacher of being a plant.

The Republican response to the indecent, will be to blame the individual actions of the teacher, saying they are to blame. Completely ignoring the point that a teacher should never have had that responsibility forced onto them.
The most American thing that could possibly happen would be a grieving parent suing one of the armed teachers because he/she weren't capable of protecting their kid well enough.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The most American thing that could possibly happen would be a grieving parent suing one of the armed teachers because he/she weren't capable of protecting their kid well enough.
Sad to say you can see it happening. Imagine being a teacher (ok so you may have had a bit of training) in a situation with a shooter in the school trying to actively find the guy in the midst of chaos - corridors and rooms full of screaming and terrified children - trying to find what is likely to be another child holding a gun - finding that person and then having to engage them in a fire fight all whilst trying not to kill the wrong person. A teacher ffs.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Sad to say you can see it happening. Imagine being a teacher (ok so you may have had a bit of training) in a situation with a shooter in the school trying to actively find the guy in the midst of chaos - corridors and rooms full of screaming and terrified children - trying to find what is likely to be another child holding a gun - finding that person and then having to engage them in a fire fight all whilst trying not to kill the wrong person. A teacher ffs.
Not to mention the fact you're most likely up against a complete headcase who's not going to be nearly as terrified as yourself in that situation.

gza the genius

Yep those are all going to be likely things we see if this happens. Not to mention, I just can't imagine how uncomfortable I'd be as a student knowing my teachers are armed.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
When I heard that kids in American have to go through drills to know what to do if a shooter enters their school it really made me sad. Their entire culture is built around fear and paranoia. What a fecked up place it is. Nice to visit but you couldn't pay me to live there.

Ubik

Keep looking at that "highly trained teachers" line and despairing. Whatever they're feeding into the simulation at the moment is dark stuff.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
"Very weapons talented teachers"

Maybe they should concentrate on English and grammar instead. Feck my life. He can't even talk properly. Thick as pigshit, he makes me sick.

onemanarmy

What could go wrong in a situation where you have armed teachers trying to locate a young shooter, in a school full of kids running around and screaming?

kidbob

When I heard that kids in American have to go through drills to know what to do if a shooter enters their school it really made me sad. Their entire culture is built around fear and paranoia. What a fecked up place it is. Nice to visit but you couldn't pay me to live there.
I've noticed you're from the North. I'm sure you'll agree that years ago it seemed like there was no solution to the Troubles but look at us now. Even if it's just small steps in the right direction surely adequate forms of gun control can be achieved. I don't expect overnight results but there has to be a path to it.

The saddest thing from my viewpoint is that news of the shooting was 'bleh' to me. I have learned to accept that it is simply a part of life in America now. I hope these students continue to lobby and cause noise and refuse to allow their school become another statistic. Even if it only achieves the slightest change it'll be an achievement.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It's such a bubble boy answer to a situation - he has no idea how realistic it is, but because it's still technically a solution it therefore must be possible to implement.

"Well trained marksmen and women with urban close combat experience and teaching degrees, or just regular teachers who spend their next five hundred lunch hours on firearms training courses. Great idea. Don't bother me with the details and just get it done."

Rob

Supports
Liverpool

Exactly. Plus, the next shooter will just be sure to kill the armed teacher first... Aaand millions of parents will insist their kids' teacher is armed which will force the rest to follow.

It is madness.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Will the last person alive in America please turn off the lights when you leave?
If it's a Republican they'll probably leave the lights on just to annoy those who believe in climate change.

SirAF

Ageist
How will they enforce this - fire any teachers who aren't willing to carry a gun in a classroom? What happens if nobody in the school is willing to do this?
Hire NRA members to teach? What could go wrong?!

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Maybe they should just ban schools all together and make homeschooling mandatory. Or better yet, ban leaving your house all together. That will put an end to mass shootings I'm sure.

Drifter

American
Some Trump supporters would not mind that at all. Education is so overrated .

RedTiger

Half mast

:lol::lol:
I never said give teachers guns! I said give some Teachers guns, big difference!

I really hope they give teachers guns just so the school shootings carry on at the currant pace, I'd like to see their suggestions once there's no abatement to the deaths.

MTF

@Carolina Red , are you up-to-date on your close quarters marksmanship? Have you adjusted the sling length on your rifle so you can write on the blackboard without it getting in the way?

EDIT: I think JSOC's counter-terrorism mission is stale... they should just all be re-purposed as air marshals for schools (undercover too, 21 Jump Street style).

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
As someone who's not American, I'm struggling to understand how the president of the United States uses the phrase 'gun free schools', even putting aside the fact that he says they attract trouble.

Some concepts do not fit with each other. Think of phrases like a 'prostitute-free church', 'phosphene-free air', 'rapist-free family'. It's like taking something safe and pure and mixing it with something sinister, normalizing it. And then imagine people saying what you need is a juxtaposition.

All I'm probably to say is, I'm deeply disturbed. The USA is fecked up.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Maybe they should just ban schools all together and make homeschooling mandatory. Or better yet, ban leaving your house all together. That will put an end to mass shootings I'm sure.
But if we did that then how are people going to go out and buy more guns?!

The response from Trump and his ilk has been disgusting. Blaming kids, the parents, teachers, everything and everyone apart from guns - because then "it's too soon to have that discussion". Any money these folk make from the NRA has blood on it.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I've noticed you're from the North. I'm sure you'll agree that years ago it seemed like there was no solution to the Troubles but look at us now. Even if it's just small steps in the right direction surely adequate forms of gun control can be achieved. I don't expect overnight results but there has to be a path to it.

The saddest thing from my viewpoint is that news of the shooting was 'bleh' to me. I have learned to accept that it is simply a part of life in America now. I hope these students continue to lobby and cause noise and refuse to allow their school become another statistic. Even if it only achieves the slightest change it'll be an achievement.
Hey mate - yeah I know what you are getting at and I agree. The whole situation is just so bloody sad - those poor kids - makes me really angry to think that some people are happy to put up with kids getting slaughtered in their own schools rather than accept even minor gun control reform.

Status
Not open for further replies.