The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Donald Trump in 'terrible person' shocker:
President Trump also discussed the U.S. relationship with South Korea and complained, “So why are we paying for their defense?” Trump said, likely referring to the U.S.-South Korea joint exercises at the border with North Korea. “They’ve got to pay,” he added.

Then, Trump mocked the South Korean president’s accent while talking about how he “caved in to Trump’s tough negotiations,” the Post wrote.

But the president wasn’t done being politically incorrect and offensive. Speaking about when he asked Japanese Prime Minister Shinzō Abe whether kamikaze pilots in World War II were drunk or on drugs. Trump said, “Imagine they get in a plane with a half a tank of gas and fly into steel ships just for the love of their country!”

And still on the topic of Asia, Trump also spoke in glowing terms about North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un. “I just got a beautiful letter from him this week,” Trump said. “We are friends. People say he only smiles when he sees me.”

He added, “If I hadn’t been elected president we would be in a big fat juicy war with North Korea.”

He also reportedly praised the leader of Saudi Arabia, Crown Prince Mohammed, who the CIA concluded was responsible for the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...p-asian-accent-mock-south-korea-japan-870252/

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'd call it a new low, but let's be honest, it's nothing of the sort.

Still think he'll get a second term. Zero percent of people who like him care about any of this. He tells it like it is!!! Or something.

SteveJ

Scout
"So how about them Nazis?," said Trump to Mrs Merkel, "Nice move, growing a moustache to honour Hitler. You didn't grow one? My bad. By the way, he was right all along, especially about women. You're a woman? My bad. Big crowd today, they must've come to see me... it's like one of them Nazi rallies, only without Angela Hitler. Sorry...Adolf Merkel. My bad, Mr Merkeler."

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'm pretty sure the founding fathers also meant that the people had the right to bare personal grenade launchers and dynamite. And the First Amendment really states that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. Unless Christian God Emperor Trump decides otherwise."

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
https://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/06/10/cult-trump
The Cult of Trump
Only when we recognize Trump as a cult leader, and many of those who support him as cult followers, will we understand where we are headed and how we must resist

--Donald Trump has transformed the decayed carcass of the Republican Party into a cult. All cults are personality cults. They are extensions of the cult leaders. The cult reflects the leader’s prejudices, worldview, personal style and ideas. Trump did not create the yearning for a cult leader. Huge segments of the population, betrayed by the established elites, were conditioned for a cult leader. They were desperately looking for someone to rescue them and solve their problems. They found their cult leader in the New York real estate developer and reality television show star. Only when we recognize Trump as a cult leader, and many of those who support him as cult followers, will we understand where we are headed and how we must resist.--

SteveJ

Scout
Politico said:
Trump was supposed to give a speech on energy. He went way off-script

President Donald Trump on Tuesday headed to a Shell petrochemicals plant being built outside of Pittsburgh to give what was billed by the White House as a speech on “America’s Energy Dominance and Manufacturing Revival.”

But the hour-long remarks were light on energy policy and heavy on stump speech material and off-script riffs, as Trump touched on everything from his love of trucks to his assessment of his potential 2020 rivals. The meandering speech came on a day when the president had already attacked a CNN anchor, endorsed a controversial World Series hero’s potential congressional bid and defended his parroting of a conspiracy theory surrounding the apparent suicide of his onetime friend Jeffrey Epstein.

Here are some of Trump's most off-key comments:

On the supposed benefits of natural gas over renewable energy: “When the wind stops blowing, it doesn’t make any difference does it? Unlike those big windmills that destroy everybody’s property values, kill all the birds. One day the environmentalists are going to tell us what’s going on with that. And then all of a sudden it stops. The wind and the televisions go off. And your wives and husbands say ‘Darling, I want to watch Donald Trump on television tonight. But the wind stopped blowing and I can’t watch. There’s no electricity in the house, darling.'”

On his construction chops: “I was a good builder. I built good, I love building, in fact I’m going to take a tour of the site.”

On doing some campaigning: “I’m going to speak to some of your union leaders to say ‘I hope you’re going to support Trump, OK?’ And if they don’t, vote ‘em the hell out of office because they’re not doing their job — it’s true.”

On his love of trucks: “I love cranes, I love trucks of all types. Even when I was a little boy at four years old, my mother would say, 'You love trucks.' I do, I always loved trucks, I still do. Nothing changes — sometimes you know you might become president, but nothing changes — I still love trucks. Especially when I look at the largest crane in the world, that’s very cool. You think I’ll get to operate it? We’ll put the media on it and I’ll give them a little ride, right?”

On pundits suggesting he might not leave office willingly: “Can you imagine if I got a fair press? I mean, we’re leading without it, can you imagine if these people treated me fairly? The election would be over. Have they ever called off an election before? Just said look just let’s go, go on, four more years. You wanna really drive them crazy, go to hashtag third term, hashtag fourth term, you’ll drive them totally crazy.”

On Trump’s perceived trade imbalance with Japan: “They send us thousands and thousands — millions of cars, we send them wheat. Wheat. That’s not a good deal. And they don’t even want our wheat, they do it because they want us to at least feel that we’re OK, you know, they do it to make us feel good.” (This assertion is false.)

On the price tag of the presidency: “This thing is costing me a fortune, being president. Somebody said, 'Oh he might have rented a room to a man from Saudi Arabia for $500.' What about the $5 billion that I'll lose — you know, it’s probably gonna cost me, including, upside, downside, lawyers, because every day they sue me for something. These are the most litigious people. It’s probably costing me from $3 to 5 billion for the pleasure of being — and I couldn't care less, I don’t care. You know if you’re wealthy, it doesn't matter, I just want to do a great job.”

On his pledge to salvage manufacturing jobs: “You guys, I don’t know what the hell you’re gonna do. You don’t want to make widgets, right? You don’t want to make — do you want to learn how to make a computer? A little tiny piece of stuff... You put it with those big beautiful hands of yours like… You’re gonna take these big hands, gonna take this little tiny part. You’re gonna go home, ‘Alice this is a tough job.’ Nah, you want to make steel and you want to dig coal, that’s what you want to do!”

On the amount of the press at the event, at about a quarter to 3 in the afternoon: “That’s a lot people back there for like an 11 o’clock speech. That’s a lot of people.”

On the Oscars: “Like the Academy Awards during the day. It used to be — you know the Academy Awards is on hard times now, you know that right? Nobody wants to watch it. You know why? Because they started taking us on, everyone got tired of it. It’s amazing, that used to be second after the Super Bowl and then all of a sudden now it’s just another show, because people got tired of people getting up and making fools of themselves and disrespecting the people in this room and the people that won the election in 2016.”

On attacking Sen. Elizabeth Warren and former Vice President Joe Biden, potential 2020 rivals: “I did it very early with Pocahontas, I should have probably waited. She's staging a comeback on Sleepy Joe. I don't know who's gonna win, but we'll have to hit Pocahontas very hard again if she does win. But she’s staging a little bit of a comeback. What a group. Pocahontas and Sleepy Joe.”

On Mexico deploying soldiers to stem the flow of Central American migrants: “I want to thank Mexico, it’s incredible. We have close to 27,000, you think of that. We never had three — I think we had about two and a half soldiers, one was sitting down all the time. We had nobody.”

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
"On his love of trucks: “I love cranes, I love trucks of all types. Even when I was a little boy at four years old, my mother would say, 'You love trucks.' I do, I always loved trucks, I still do. Nothing changes — sometimes you know you might become president, but nothing changes — I still love trucks. Especially when I look at the largest crane in the world, that’s very cool. You think I’ll get to operate it? We’ll put the media on it and I’ll give them a little ride, right?”

This is amazing. He's just fecking with us at this point surely. Thinking, how far can I take this and still have actual supporters. I refuse to believe anyone is this much of a clown. Okay I do believe it, but my God. Just :lol:

SteveJ

Scout
Gawd help us, all that ridiculous nonsense he uttered was genuine - even the Washington Post & others are reporting it. We're fraggin' doomed.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
He really knows how to speak to the working man. I know I don’t wanna be building little computer widgets with my big beautiful hands.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

Abizzz

I almost missed this, assuming Donald was just talking out of his ass, but by twittering that the US had much better technology than whatever caused the nuclear incident in Russia he could've been exposing highly classified military information.

Anyone underneath his rank would've been fired immediately...

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-bra...ets-that-may-not-actually-exist-9fd8339f617a/
To be fair to Trump when he says "more advanced" he just means better. Better looking, better smelling, made in a better country. He can't possibly know the intricacies of rocket development and different development stages when he'd probably have trouble spelling half the states.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
To be fair to Trump when he says "more advanced" he just means better. Better looking, better smelling, made in a better country. He can't possibly know the intricacies of rocket development and different development stages when he'd probably have trouble spelling half the states.
More advanced nuclear propulsion would be black ops stuff. Like Area 52 level.

Abizzz

More advanced nuclear propulsion would be black ops stuff. Like Area 52 level.
Yeah true but do you really think the US has it, Trump knows about it, and then talks about it without mentioning his skills acquired from his nuclear uncle? He'd be tweeting pics of it and telling all of us how the program wasn't even started before him because Obama doesn't like America, or something.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Yeah true but do you really think the US has it, Trump knows about it, and then talks about it without mentioning his skills acquired from his nuclear uncle? He'd be tweeting pics of it and telling all of us how the program wasn't even started before him because Obama doesn't like America, or something.
But to even vaguely comment on that subject in his position you’d have to be mind-numbingly stupid...

....Oh, wait......

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
How does he know though? How does anyone know? They're STEALTH rockets just like that stealth plane over there :)

On another note, I'm genuinely worried for our American friends. If Trump plunges the country into a recession that's just downright terrible.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
But to even vaguely comment on that subject in his position you’d have to be mind-numbingly stupid...

....Oh, wait......
I don’t think it’s that controversial to suggest we have better nuclear technology than Russia. China on the other hand, based on what I’ve been told by someone heavily engaged in the defense industry :nervous:

Status
Not open for further replies.