Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
"Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition Trump Administration!"

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Mattie pulling a Wenger. So fecking weak. I thought they called him Mad Dog?

Cait Sith

Career politicians like Pelosi are Democrats just by chance. While at College she interned for a Democratic senator because her father was a Democratic congressman which got her into that position and therefore got her career path moulded in the Democratic party. Nothing else to it. Just a 50:50 chance, could have also interned for a Republican senator and would be a Republican now.

She is the type of politician who is in it for her own career, she has no ideas nor ideals.

The highest ranking Democrat in the country is a girls-only private Catholic college graduate who is married to a banker, favoured waterboarding, supported war in Libya etc.

America is full politicians like this. They have the choice between Republicans and Republicans who find smoking pot cool (aka Democrats).

mav_9me

Career politicians like Pelosi are Democrats just by chance. While at College she interned for a Democratic senator because her father was a Democratic congressman which got her into that position and therefore got her career path moulded in the Democratic party. Nothing else to it. Just a 50:50 chance, could have also interned for a Republican senator and would be a Republican now.

She is the type of politician who is in it for her own career, she has no ideas nor ideals.

The highest ranking Democrat in the country is a girls-only private Catholic college graduate who is married to a banker, favoured waterboarding, supported war in Libya etc.

America is full politicians like this. They have the choice between Republicans and Republicans who find smoking pot cool (aka Democrats).
Spot on.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Things like that work so well in America. Full of jingoistic Captain America wannabes.

Last edited:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

I suspect this is true for about 98% of all the politicians in the world.

Politics get too much media coverage. It attracts the narcissist cnut you see now. Politics shouldn't be glamorous. No one should speculate on the new clothes of Justin Trudeaux or the fashion show of Melania Trump. Being a politician should be something you do behind closed doors. Smart people, who actually know stuff about running a country don't care about the showbizz part of it. They would be fine without any coverage.

Of course, they should be held accountable for things that have gone wrong, but there doesn't have to be a fecking camera on that. Politics should be about politics, not the quasy fecking Big Brother's got talent it is now. We should be governed by the best among us, not the cnuts with the heaviest wallets and nicest trophy wives.

Feck you politics.

Fully Fledged

That sums it up perfectly. If the establishment Dems let this go, then as AOC says, they are complicit.
They are complicit though. They've been making the same kind of get rich off of the back of their position deals for decades, The only difference is Trump has put the swamp on steroids and brought it out into the open. He's the 'My Cousin Vinny' of American Politics.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
America's love for its military is so bizarre.

Such parallels with North Korea.
I think it's calculated.

The perception of support is important for the young people you are sending off to a faraway land to be maimed, killed and permanently damaged psychologically.

The rest of the people need to be perceived as supportive so they can sleep easier at night knowing they have acquiesced to sending these young people off to faraway lands to be maimed, killed and permanently damaged psychologically.

As such, the powers that be ensure there is a culture of supporting the troops as that furthers their ends. Just look at how Vietnam turned out for a textbook lesson on what not to do.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Why is Trump trying to insert himself as an arbiter in India-Pak stuff?
He’s desperate for a foreign relations victory in the run-up to the next election, be it in North Korea, Afghanistan, Iran or wherever else he can stick his nose into.

Last edited:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I think it's calculated.

The perception of support is important for the young people you are sending off to a faraway land to be maimed, killed and permanently damaged psychologically.

The rest of the people need to be perceived as supportive so they can sleep easier at night knowing they have acquiesced to sending these young people off to faraway lands to be maimed, killed and permanently damaged psychologically.

As such, the powers that be ensure there is a culture of supporting the troops as that furthers their ends. Just look at how Vietnam turned out for a textbook lesson on what not to do.
Yea it's definitely serving a purpose for the powers that be.

See also the defense contracts, lobbyists etc.

Drifter

American
He wants a Noble Peace Prize.
You're not wrong:

Trump complains at the UN: ‘I would get a Nobel Prize for a lot of things if they gave them out fairly’

President Donald Trump asserted on Monday that the Nobel Peace Prize process is unfair because he should get one “for a lot of things.”

While appearing at the UN, Trump speculated on why he had not been awarded a Nobel Prize.

“I would get a Nobel prize for a lot of things, if they give it out fairly, which they don’t,” Trump said. “They gave one to Obama immediately upon his ascent to the presidency and he had no idea why he got it.”

“You know what?” the president added. “That was the only thing I agreed with him on.”

Status
Not open for further replies.