The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergies Gum

Looks like Pelosi is going to back impeachment. She'll be meeting with the committee heads and caucus in the afternoon.

Last edited:

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I think it's calculated.

The perception of support is important for the young people you are sending off to a faraway land to be maimed, killed and permanently damaged psychologically.

The rest of the people need to be perceived as supportive so they can sleep easier at night knowing they have acquiesced to sending these young people off to faraway lands to be maimed, killed and permanently damaged psychologically.

As such, the powers that be ensure there is a culture of supporting the troops as that furthers their ends. Just look at how Vietnam turned out for a textbook lesson on what not to do.
I simplify it...

The military is a big stick for the USA. Its the idea that no matter what, they know they have the resources to quash anybody that dares challenge their "liberties" and they're proud of that fact. It really is that simple.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I wonder if Mulvaney would lie under oath if he is asked to testify. I guess it all depends on McConnell's calculations of a Trump reelection. If he wants to pull the rug from under Trump, now is just about adequate enough to get a proper primary race going and set up a GOP ticket.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
If this was the transfer forum, would we be at half-zip? Unzipped?

I don’t want to get undressed with impeachment excitement for nothing.

Dr. StrangeHate

If this was the transfer forum, would we be at half-zip? Unzipped?

I don’t want to get undressed with impeachment excitement for nothing.
Trump has half the country and most government institutions (especially judiciary) firmly behind him. At this stage it won't matter a jot if there are videos of him giving free abortions while shitting on the American flag sipping pee with a paper straw.

Basically put it back in your pants.

Drifter

American
Think about that . A 73 year old POTUS is having a slight dig at a 16 year old.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Why the feck is the stupid asshole giving a speech about US domestic issues to the UN? Does the silly bastard even know where he is?

Fergies Gum

Trump gets lauded as a "great communicator" but just look at the state of him when he does these speeches. He is just stood there like a statue and just staring at the teleprompter.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Trump gets lauded as a "great communicator" but just look at the state of him when he does these speeches. He is just stood there like a statue and just staring at the teleprompter.
Plus his stupid whiny voice is so fecking tedious, especially when he's talking about something he clearly doesnt care about. It's just an endless drone.

Smores

What the hell is this speech seriously? Not only is it bollocks but that tone my god

RedPed

Whatabouter.
How the hell has this guy got the top gig? I mean seriously. What a state of a speech, if you can call it that. That's got to be one of the worst deliveries I've ever seen. Holy feck!

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Anyone manage to hear about this? Happened just 6 days ago:

kps88

Could someone explain impeachment proceedings to me like I'm five? What do they entail and how long do they last? What would be the benefit?

My understanding is it would be a bunch of hearings, followed by a vote. After that the Senate says no thanks, the matter is closed and Trump will celebrate as if he's been exonerated.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Could someone explain impeachment proceedings to me like I'm five? What do they entail and how long do they last? What would be the benefit?

My understanding is it would be a bunch of hearings, followed by a vote. After that the Senate says no thanks, the matter is closed and Trump will celebrate as if he's been exonerated.
@ Wensley ;)

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal

If only a mechanism existed that allowed us to type in a question and get an instant answer. Like an encyclopedic webpage for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.