The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Did you ignore entirely the post? The idiot who died didn't even get the pills Trump mentioned, he instead drank some aquarium cleaner.
Would he have drank aquarium cleaner if it didn't have an ingredient with a similar sounding name to something Trump mentioned?

I highly doubt it.

Highly unqualified President says words, highly unqualified idiots listen to those words and reach for things that sound the same, highly unqualified idiots die because of highly unqualified President saying words.

Simple cycle really.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

Social distancing in full effect to set a good example to the US and world public...... No handshaking either.

:wenger: FML....
The squeaking of his big marker :lol: .

It's an actual ****. That's not even hyperbole. I'm trying to imagine that level of reverence and adoration from staff towards Varadkar and it just simply wouldn't fly. Does Boris get it?

What is wrong with you, America?!

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
To be fair, The head of the WHO has had a lot of praise for Trump

He’s clearly smart enough to realize that if the WHO want any help or cooperation at all from America that he has to kiss Trumps ass. That’s the problem with all this, we can never be sure any more whether praise is genuine or just being given to ensure Trump doesn’t throw his toys out of the pram.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
He’s clearly smart enough to realize that if the WHO want any help or cooperation at all from America that he has to kiss Trumps ass. That’s the problem with all this, we can never be sure any more whether praise is genuine or just being given to ensure Trump doesn’t throw his toys out of the pram.
Just assume it's the latter.... pretty good odds you'll be right.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Ah.. the mantra Indian politicians routinely follow.
contrast with obama's stimulus - the personal benefit was structure as a tax credit because some behavioural econoist told obama that makes for the most efficient way of stimulating demand. so, nobody recognised where the money came from, while they could see the money go to citibank et al, who obama and eric holder promised not to prosecute. this allowed the tea party to campaign as populists opposed to the stimulus and alongisde obamacare wiped out the dems in congress for at least a decade.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Isn't it because they've cut and pasted bits of his speeches to create apparent sentences (which look bad/stupid)?

I know he does that all the time anyway but think I read some of the apparent quotes were more than one thing put together (and out of context)
The key bit they’re pissed of about is the line in the video where he is edited to say, Coronavirus, this is their new hoax

It came from a speech in N Carolina where what he actually said was
“Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus. You know that, right? Coronavirus. They’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs, you say, “How’s President Trump doing?”, “Oh, nothing, nothing.” They have no clue, they don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa, they can’t even count. No, they can’t. They can’t count their votes. One of my people came up to me and said, “Mr President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia.” That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything, they tried it over and over, they’ve been doing it since he got in. It’s all turning, they lost. It’s all turning, think of it, think of it. And this is their new hoax.
It is edited, but he is basically claiming that Coronavirus is a dem hoax. You’re right he’s a dick!

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
The state of that 'speech':
“Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus. You know that, right? Coronavirus. They’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs, you say, “How’s President Trump doing?”, “Oh, nothing, nothing.” They have no clue, they don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa, they can’t even count. No, they can’t. They can’t count their votes. One of my people came up to me and said, “Mr President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia.” That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything, they tried it over and over, they’ve been doing it since he got in. It’s all turning, they lost. It’s all turning, think of it, think of it. And this is their new hoax.”

nimic

something nice
Scout
Well, looks like it's time for that speech transcript again.

Donald Trump said:
Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donald-trump-sentence/

Amarsdd

The sad thing is, that'll work really well and idiots will fall for it, hook line & sinker.
Unfortunately, that's what I see happening. If things start improving by the time election comes along, he'll run on that relief bill and how he saved the US.

Revan

Assumptionman

Social distancing in full effect to set a good example to the US and world public...... No handshaking either.

:wenger: FML....
Why he is giving a pen to everyone? Is giving a pen the new handshake?

Drifter

American
Experts pour cold water of Trump’s proposal to lock down New York with a two-week quarantine

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
This right here is exactly how I imagine a scene from Dr. Strangelove that didn't make the final cut would look like. Dont forget to skip to 21:13.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Everyone who said he d be unleashed by the acquittal in the Senate was right. He s acting like a dictator in every sense of the word. A lot of this is a direct consequence of the what Cheney and the federalist society put into motion. Unchecked power by a president with the Republicans playing him like a fiddle to get what they want.

You d be stupid to think that most of the things he does, especially the ignoring of oversight on the 500 billion - was not without the full blessing of the party and people behind that. There is a reason the Rs didn't make it too difficult for the Dems to move quickly on it - they only do that if they know they ve already built in loopholes to abuse.

I just wish that at the very least some of his fans would recognize that taxpayer waste and executive overreach are exactly the things they re supposedly against - yet no president has done more than this guy. We are talking billions if not trillions of taxpayer money getting thrown at whoever kisses his ass, but "hey my fellow citizens-here a 1,000 check for ya. Now buy yourself a new TV and shut up. "

Revan

Assumptionman
Would he have drank aquarium cleaner if it didn't have an ingredient with a similar sounding name to something Trump mentioned?

I highly doubt it.

Highly unqualified President says words, highly unqualified idiots listen to those words and reach for things that sound the same, highly unqualified idiots die because of highly unqualified President saying words.

Simple cycle really.
Sorry for thinking that adult people should have some responsibility themselves and not act like idiots.

The same drug Trump recommended, was mentioned from the head doctor of South Korea as one of the most promising drugs, and one of the doctors in New York mentioned that he is using it to prevent the infection. Are they also highly unqualified? It is one of the most promising drugs right there, despite that there is no definite proof yet that it really works.

Status
Not open for further replies.