The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Firestarter

So you're going to have tremendous suicides, but you know what you're going to have more than anything else? Drug addiction. You will see drugs being used like nobody has ever used them before."

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Well that's me convinced.

I'm heading back out to lick public toilet bowls tomorrow, safe in the knowledge that my lord and saviour Jesus Christ has my back..... Actually he may not if you factor in all those dead hookers.

I'm so conflicted.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
People on Twitter speculate that Trump took a very quick look at Wikipedia beforehand, and mixed-up 'Elevation' with 'Population'. Here's how it appears on the Wiki box-out:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seoul
He doesn't use computers or e-mail and I doubt he even does anything other than twitter on his phone. This is likely the feck up of someone like Miller, Kushner or Scavino.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
This is pretty on point: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/03/trump-genius/609142/

Basically, if you're willing to just shamelessly lie and cause people to die, it's not hard to control messaging. As always, I don't blame Trump, I blame the apparatus that allows this to happen.
To be honest, America deserves its fate at this stage. If the people won't rise up against this idiocy to save a million lives, why even bother holding out hope? Sorry good Americans, you've failed to convince your countrymen. There's only so much the rest of can do.

People on Twitter speculate that Trump took a very quick look at Wikipedia beforehand, and mixed-up 'Elevation' with 'Population'. Here's how it appears on the Wiki box-out:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seoul
That’s the best thing ever. :lol:

“I know it better than anyone” obviously means I just quickly browsed the upper section of their wiki.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
="Adisa, post: 25450930, member: 93460"]
Arrogantly stupid.
I don't adisa, that's a decent idea to kick start their economy once they come out of this
[/QUOTE]

Pumping money and more tax cuts won't save American job.

The unions and all that has made them virtually untouchable to manufacturing and real labor intensive works. You can't compete against everyone else when you're being paid 4-5 times more than others. Yeah some can survive working with their brains at wall street, but the bulk of jobs that American dreams of has been long gone and won't be coming back.

The american brain behind their economy has been brilliant, they're spending loaned money and lived lavishly where half the world is on their arse to fight for their dollar, you gotta admit that. Big Uncle sam with their big order coming and factories are taking loans etc (IN USD) to finance their spending, getting paid with more USD, repeat and rinse.

But it's a ticking bomb, all that loans. Americans are riding a tiger, the day they lost their military might they day they're finished. Hence they would never let the world be in peace.

Dr. StrangeHate

This is pretty on point: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/03/trump-genius/609142/

Basically, if you're willing to just shamelessly lie and cause people to die, it's not hard to control messaging. As always, I don't blame Trump, I blame the apparatus that allows this to happen.
To be honest, America deserves its fate at this stage. If the people won't rise up against this idiocy to save a million lives, why even bother holding out hope? Sorry good Americans, you've failed to convince your countrymen. There's only so much the rest of can do.
Americans don't deserve this, even the ones that voted for him. I am not in the US but if I was, even under these circumstances I won't do anything out of the ordinary to defeat Trump. I would just try to convince the people I know like you said but beyond that there isn't much I can do.

Beachryan

Americans don't deserve this, even the ones that voted for him. I am not in the US but if I was, even under these circumstances I won't do anything out of the ordinary to defeat Trump. I would just try to convince the people I know like you said but beyond that there isn't much I can do.
It's a free country. If people aren't hitting the streets over him, over the mockery he has made of their adored constitution than they'll never hit the streets again, for anything. They're too comfortable, or too happy to 'trust in the system'. I realise that leaves a big chunk who are the ones genuinely suffering, but it's the comfortable democrats who should be out there leading the charge.

Proportional representation, apolitical supreme court nominees, eliminate money from campaigns beyond some cursory amount, stop gerrymandering - there are countless ways their democracy has been subverted, right in plain sight.

I'm just frustrated. Have spent some great years in the states, loads of best mates are Americans and it feels like every day their traitor-in-chief is taking them down a road to obscurity, and no one is doing anything about it that is making any difference.

Hell Mark Zuckerberg could probably fix a decent chunk of societal ills this evening if he felt like it and shared some more dna with the rest of our species.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
A bunch of little kids getting murdered at school led to no change so the deaths of a bunch of fat fecks and old people won't do anything either.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Trump administration revokes Native American tribe’s reservation status in ‘power grab’
Sign of willingness to use discretionary powers to attempt to take lands away from tribes, advocacy group says

'A tribe is losing reservation status for its more than 300 acres in Massachusetts, raising fears among Native American groups that other tribes could face the same fate under the Trump administration.

The Mashpee Wampanoag tribe, which traces its ancestry to the Native Americans that shared a fall harvest meal with the Pilgrims in 1621, was notified late on Friday by the federal Bureau of Indian Affairs that it will be rescinding its reservation designation and removing the land from federal trust, according to Cedric Cromwell, the tribe’s chairman.

He said the move is “cruel” and “unnecessary” as the tribe and others across the nation are struggling to respond to the coronavirus pandemic within their sovereign lands.'

(Guardian)

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Today’s arguments with reporters up in a few minutes. Big ratings so could be PPV within a week.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Get this guy. He's now taking credit for acting earlier and preventing the loss of 2.2m lives when it was his advisors who were pushing him on the matter. He wanted to get people back working at Easter ffs.

Beachryan

Get this guy. He's now taking credit for acting earlier and preventing the loss of 2.2m lives when it was his advisors who were pushing him on the matter. He wanted to get people back working at Easter ffs.
Didnt you hear sunday press conference? He now says he never said that.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Trump administration revokes Native American tribe’s reservation status in ‘power grab’
Sign of willingness to use discretionary powers to attempt to take lands away from tribes, advocacy group says

'A tribe is losing reservation status for its more than 300 acres in Massachusetts, raising fears among Native American groups that other tribes could face the same fate under the Trump administration.

The Mashpee Wampanoag tribe, which traces its ancestry to the Native Americans that shared a fall harvest meal with the Pilgrims in 1621, was notified late on Friday by the federal Bureau of Indian Affairs that it will be rescinding its reservation designation and removing the land from federal trust, according to Cedric Cromwell, the tribe’s chairman.

He said the move is “cruel” and “unnecessary” as the tribe and others across the nation are struggling to respond to the coronavirus pandemic within their sovereign lands.'

(Guardian)
‘Who haven’t we offended recently? Oh, Native Americans? It’s not sexy... but I guess that’ll work.’

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Didnt you hear sunday press conference? He now says he never said that.
He said he was saying it to try to be positive and give the American people hope. I noticed that he was deferring more to Birx and Fauci with the technical questions rather than bullshitting everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.