The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooney24

Didnt you hear sunday press conference? He now says he never said that.
Yeah he said it was only "an Aspiration". The mans a Clown.

Probably goes without saying but I am amazed americans voted him in. And will most likely do so again.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Fair fecks to the guy. Anyone who acts responsibly during this shitshow deserves praise.

I'm glad because my wife's family are mostly in Ohio. Her mum, who is very high-risk, just got out of hospital. If she gets the virus she will likely die due to her underlying health issues.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I hope he gets it and gets fecked by it.
He is a complete and utter cnut of the highest order.
A stain on the USA.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I'm glad because my wife's family are mostly in Ohio. Her mum, who is very high-risk, just got out of hospital. If she gets the virus she will likely die due to her underlying health issues.
Mine had to go into hospital overnight a few days ago, before being released. I'm worried sick.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
"The [coronavirus] tests are all perfect. Like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. This was not a perfect as that, but pretty good."
I shouldn't be surprised by anything he says but I'm just amazed by that rubbish. Does he really believe that people concerned by the virus threat are interested in his opinion about a bloody phone call?!?

GiddyUp

I shouldn't be surprised by anything he says but I'm just amazed by that rubbish. Does he really believe that people concerned by the virus threat are interested in his opinion about a bloody phone call?!?
Yes. Yes he does. This is a cnut that gave a political speech to the boy scouts.

AllezLesDiables

I give up its Nazi Germany all over again. The distortion campaign is insane.
Hey let’s go to war with Venezuela to cover up our utter incompetence.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
If there was ever a time that highlighted just how crap the US healthcare system is, it is now. All that talk about the insurance companies and millions of people still worried about being able to get treatment because of no insurance is a disgrace.

Best country in the world, my arse!

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Waiving co-pays is a bullshit thing to celebrate. It's $15 or $20 for a visit but if you have to undergo full emergency treatment you are still likely to go bankrupt as they will bill you for a big chunk of the cost.

Last edited:

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
This is pretty on point: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/03/trump-genius/609142/

Basically, if you're willing to just shamelessly lie and cause people to die, it's not hard to control messaging. As always, I don't blame Trump, I blame the apparatus that allows this to happen.
To be honest, America deserves its fate at this stage. If the people won't rise up against this idiocy to save a million lives, why even bother holding out hope? Sorry good Americans, you've failed to convince your countrymen. There's only so much the rest of can do.
Reading this makes me angry. There really seems to be nothing to stop this madness. >50% of voting Americans apparently believe even the biggest bullshit this lunatic is soreading and the whole Republican party is obviously a bunch of spineless opportunists of the highest order who are willing to sacrifice everything for personal power/glory.

If they'd only feck their own country over that would at least be bearable but they're screwing us all in the climate crisis.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Kirschner makes a pretty good case on Mehdi's podcast

Unfortunately I think politicians, especially Presidents, will always be protected from criminal liability on the decisions they make in political capacity, even if the decisions are clearly made in bad faith.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Unfortunately I think politicians, especially Presidents, will always be protected from criminal liability on the decisions they make in political capacity, even if the decisions are clearly made in bad faith.
We have a tradition of not prosecuting our politicians for sure (spare a couple of notable exceptions). I don't think that will be extended to Trump after he leaves office.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We have a tradition of not prosecuting our politicians for sure (spare a couple of notable exceptions). I don't think that will be extended to Trump after he leaves office.
I'm not holding any hope whatsoever. Right now it's either Biden or Trump. If it's Trump it's over, he will outlast the statute of limitations on most of his crimes and Republicans in congress will do everything they can to put through legislation that protects him and them when he leaves office.

If it's Biden, he's going to play it exactly the same way Obama did with the Senate Intelligence Committee report on CIA torture. Biden will want to work with congressmen across the aisle and a big part of that will be letting bygones be bygones and while of course he won't pardon Trump and his cronies, neither will he push hard to bring them to justice. I think the absolute best you could hope is that he will look to put protection in place so someone like Trump can't cheat their way into office again and flout every law going.

As much as anything, Biden knows that whatever happens to Trump, the Republican's will promise to bring 10 fold worse on him.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Surely if there is one man on the planet that cannot be prosecuted for anything it's Trump? And if there's one country in the world he couldn't possibly be prosecuted in its the Wild, Wild America?

All the odds looking in his favour if history is any indicator (and it usually is).

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Surely if there is one man on the planet that cannot be prosecuted for anything it's Trump? And if there's one country in the world he couldn't possibly be prosecuted in its the Wild, Wild America?

All the odds looking in his favour if history is any indicator (and it usually is).
Trump has a massive legal bullseye on his back. The moment he leaves office, he will again have criminal exposure for any crimes he committed as President, so i would seriously doubt a Dem administration DOJ wouldn't pursue it.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Trump has a massive legal bullseye on his back. The moment he leaves office, he will again have criminal exposure for any crimes he committed as President, so i would seriously doubt a Dem administration DOJ wouldn't pursue it.
You think? Has any President gone after their predecessor? I think the Dems might be worried about setting a precedent. Trump is a special case, mind you.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Trump’s real danger is the states not the federal government. He changed residence to Florida for a reason.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
There’s about as much chance of him getting prosecuted after leaving office as there is of him pivoting.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Is there even more than one party in America? As disguised aliens on Futurama once succinctly put it, vote for Jack John or vote for John Jack. Neither will eat the other, just the stupid humans 'voting'.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
You think? Has any President gone after their predecessor? I think the Dems might be worried about setting a precedent. Trump is a special case, mind you.
He is a special case and the Dems aren't likely allow all of his actions to slide. The Puerto Rico Hurricane, attempts to squash the Russia investigation, the Ukraine/Burisma debacle, and now the pandemic (and probably more). Trump will be criminally exposed once he leaves and is no longer protected by the DOJ memo that a President can't be prosecuted.

People used to be convinced that after many failed attempts to prosecute him, nothing would ever happen to John Gotti - they said he was teflon and "nothing will ever come of this", until suddenly something did come of it and he died in jail.

Last edited:

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
He is a special case and the Dems aren't likely allow all of his actions to slide. The Puerto Rico Hurricane, attempts to squash the Russia investigation, the Ukraine/Burisma debacle, and now the pandemic (and probably more). Trump will be criminally exposed once he leaves and is no longer protected by the DOJ memo that a President can't be prosecuted.

People used to be convinced that after many failed attempts to prosecute him, nothing would ever happen to John Gotti - they said he was teflon and "nothing will ever come of this", until suddenly something did come of it and he died in jail.
Gotti wasn't an ex-President, though.

I'm certain that the GOP will try to impeach the next President from the Dems, simply because the Dems did it to Trump. They're petty and childish like that. Prosecuting an ex-President will be justified for them if it happens to Trump when he leaves office. It will start a vicious cycle of Republican tantrums.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
One assumes it's about messaging ahead of November. I do believe there has to be some official reckoning of his lies, and if this is the forum required to store for them posterity, so be it.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
If there was ever a time that highlighted just how crap the US healthcare system is, it is now. All that talk about the insurance companies and millions of people still worried about being able to get treatment because of no insurance is a disgrace.

Best country in the world, my arse!
Strange post. We’ve got one of the lowest death rates from the virus besides Germany and South Korea. Insurance isn’t the issue, the lack of tests are.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Strange post. We’ve got one of the lowest death rates from the virus besides Germany and South Korea. Insurance isn’t the issue, the lack of tests are.
At the moment. Chickens counted before they are hatched and all that.

On the face of it, those statistics look fecking frightening. Absolutely terrifying to be honest, especially when you consider how far behind the USA is in comparison to other countries with regards to lockdowns, testing etc. Also, these numbers are mainly confined to a few states and cities atm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.