The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revan

Assumptionman
Was revealed months ago that his family had invested in a company that produces it (Sanofi). The investment apparently isn't that big, according to fact checking sites but I find it interesting what Trump said comes out shortly after that it was revealed there was outrage in France as Sanofi (French pharmaceutical company) said that the US "had the right" to the largest pre-order of any COVID-19 vaccine as they invested in taking the risk. They had €150m in research tax credit from the French government and other tax benefits.

So though Trump apparently hasn't invested much in that company, the US have given them a fair bit of money. There were reports that a couple of months ago the Trump administration tried to acquire exclusive rights to the coronavirus vaccine business of CureVac, a German company and I think this constant praising/pushing of hydroxychloroquine is, at the very least, his attempt to get priority for the eventual coronavirus vaccine that Sanofi produces.
The ‘he hasn’t invested that much’ is an understatement of the level of Japan emperor saying that 'the world war 2 hasn’t particularly gone as planned *’ after US nukes Japan.

He had something like 100-400$ investment there via an index fund. Nothing to see there.

* His exact words were: "The war situation has developed not necessarily to Japan's advantage".

Last edited:

The Purley King

I was just thinking "it's harder to distinguish what's satire and what's real these days" while expecting this to be a spoof. Turns out it's actually a fecking real product.
Wtf? Surely to goodness that is a joke?
Otherwise I don’t know what to believe any more ...........

Foxbatt

Trumpy Bear is what we used to call my uncle's St Bernard. Used to stink the room out after eating raw beef.
He is certainly going to lose his mind for Pelosi calling him obese if he has not lost it already.
I really can't understand how some Americans can even accept someone like him? Surely there are millions of Americans who can do a better job? I am sure half the Americans on CAF can do a better job than that obese idiot.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Mike Pence....the biggest kiss ass in history. Why does he talk like that? It's so nauseating.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
I've always agreed with this - especially if they can ever get him into a debate. You could make one comment in your opening speech about overhearing at a party at Mike Bloomberg's penthouse that Trump was barely worth $200m and donnie wouldn't be able to focus on anything else for the next two hours.

It's good that Pelosi is punching back.
I agree.Taking the high ground is a complete waste of time with a bottom feeder like the Don.He goes low, you go lower!

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs

He's gone too far even for Fox on this one...
Scary thing is, among the right wing sources the Trump base gets their news from: Koch Bros local stations, Rush Limbaugh and talk radio, Newsmax and One America News Network, Fox is actually more moderate than most right wing media (which really says how far gone 30-40% of the country is) :(

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Scary thing is, among the right wing sources the Trump base gets their news from: Koch Bros local stations, Rush Limbaugh and talk radio, Newsmax and One America News Network, Fox is actually more moderate than most right wing media :(
I would say it’s more moderated rather than moderate.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Trump: Negative hydroxychloroquine study was 'a Trump enemy statement'

'“If you look at the one survey, the only bad survey, they were giving it to people that were in very bad shape,” the president said. “They were very old. Almost dead. It was a Trump enemy statement.”

Trump went on to falsely claim that evidence suggests hydroxychloroquine does not have negative side effects. “What has been determined is it doesn’t harm you,” Trump said.

In reality, the Food and Drug Administration has said hydroxychloroquine should only be used as a coronavirus treatment in hopsital settings, due to “reports of serious heart rhythm problems” in virus patients who had received the drug.

When a reporter mentioned the FDA guidance, Trump said, “That’s not what I was told.”'

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Such a shame a large part of his supporter base is going to stock up and start taking this medicine regularly. Huge shame. :(

Dr. StrangeHate

The ‘he hasn’t invested that much’ is an understatement of the level of Japan emperor saying that they world war 2 hasn’t particularly gone as planned’ after US nukes Japan.

He had something like 100-400$ investment there via an index fund. Nothing to see there.
Someone among his friends or family has invested big in there. Otherwise no point promoting it. Trump does things for a gain.

Revan

Assumptionman
Someone among his friends or family has invested big in there. Otherwise no point promoting it. Trump does things for a gain.
It is the same as when he doctored the map for the hurricane. He said that it will hit Alabama or whatever it was, and of course, he had to double down on it, despite being false.

I don't think that there is a more sinister reason here. Just that he shilled it (probably to give the impression that the 'flu' is not a big deal, like when it was going away in April), people criticized him, so he had to double down on it and praise it even further. The original event was a totally random event. It could have easily been some other drug, and he would have done the exact same thing. It is what he does, make a random comment, and then run with it for months.

Dr. StrangeHate

It is the same as when he doctored the map for the hurricane. He said that it will hit Alabama or whatever it was, and of course, he had to double down on it, despite being false.

I don't think that there is a more sinister reason here. Just that he shilled it (probably to give the impression that the 'flu' is not a big deal, like when it was going away in April), people criticized him, so he had to double down on it and praise it even further. The original event was a totally random event. It could have easily been some other drug, and he would have done the exact same thing. It is what he does, make a random comment, and then run with it for months.
He has been banging on about it for quite a bit of time to be just doubling down I feel. We will find out either way.

Smores

Trump: Negative hydroxychloroquine study was 'a Trump enemy statement'

'“If you look at the one survey, the only bad survey, they were giving it to people that were in very bad shape,” the president said. “They were very old. Almost dead. It was a Trump enemy statement.”

Trump went on to falsely claim that evidence suggests hydroxychloroquine does not have negative side effects. “What has been determined is it doesn’t harm you,” Trump said.

In reality, the Food and Drug Administration has said hydroxychloroquine should only be used as a coronavirus treatment in hopsital settings, due to “reports of serious heart rhythm problems” in virus patients who had received the drug.

When a reporter mentioned the FDA guidance, Trump said, “That’s not what I was told.”'
Is all this just Melania trying to kill him? First the bleach and now he's saying he wasn't told about the serious side effects.

I've heard if you do a handstand for 5 minutes the coronavirus will all go into your head and you can just shoot at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.