The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Trump said:
I can’t stand back & watch this happen to a great American City
Strange, because you're usually fine with standing back and watching people die...

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
As great as this is it's still fecking sickening that this is the President of the United States tweeting this kind of vile shite.

What an awful way for a once great country to finally fall apart.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
As great as this is it's still fecking sickening that this is the President of the United States tweeting this kind of vile shite.

What an awful way for a once great country to finally fall apart.
When was it great?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I can’t imagine the reaction if Obama openly threatened to authorise extrajudicial murders of US citizens. The orange cnut probably thought he was clever rhyming looting & shooting. Every day you think he can’t get any worse & he does.

If he loses the election, he’ll be demanding Civil War.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I think in the early sixties it was on the precipice of becoming great but then went to shit. Yes I know most of the arguments for and against so we don't need to go into those here.
Not really much point in making a comment if you’re going to shut down any debate before it’s even started by telling people not to argue with you.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I think he's fecked without twitter and he knows it.
I think he might have just realised that he actually needs Twitter. I think he started this stuff not really thinking too long about it, and only now does he realise that going to war with the platform giving him the most exposure and lets him talk unfiltered to everyone is a really bad idea. What an idiot. Not that we didn't know.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Twitter tagging his posts with with warnings (or whatever you wanna call it) is great but it’s a shame those warnings don’t show up when tweets are embedded on other sites.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I honestly can't get my head round this president. I am genuinely stumped and having difficulty processing all of this. Is this really happening?

Cloud7

As funny as this incident is, I worry it'll help him come the election with the freedom of speech nuts who don't understand that twitter and Facebook are private companies who don't owe people a platform to be hateful.

Also, I feel they've missed years worth of opportunities to correct his lies, especially during the last few months.
The thing is, for the most part those nuts are already Trump supporters, so I don’t think that it will gather him any addition support. There’s always a huge overlap with these “free speech” advocates and right wing nut jobs, as it’s usually only a few things that they want to have the right to free speech on.

Cloud7

Piece of shit.
Some people on this forum insist he isn't a racist.
“He’s just an opportunist who says whatever he thinks will give him support” - The US 2020 election thread, among many others.

Abizzz

Someone hasn’t woken up yet apparently.
Imagine being the person having to decide wether being modded on twitter is an important enough issue to wake him up for it :lol:

I hope life is hell for everyone working for Trump

Suv666

Too little too late.
If Dorsey had taken similar steps 5 years ago, maybe Trump would not have gotten elected.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
He probably woke up surrounded by his advisers and a team of lawyers, with his hands bound and his phone being slowly slipped off the nightstand.

They know his impulsiveness and inability to not rise to provocation will cause him to say something potentially illegal or worse - politically damaging.

decorativeed

The thing is, for the most part those nuts are already Trump supporters, so I don’t think that it will gather him any addition support. There’s always a huge overlap with these “free speech” advocates and right wing nut jobs, as it’s usually only a few things that they want to have the right to free speech on.
True enough.

SteveJ

Scout
“He’s just an opportunist who says whatever he thinks will give him support” - The US 2020 election thread, among many others.
I still believe that - essentially that's what he is. It so happens, though, that his opportunism is indistinguishable with the ingrained negative qualities of his set. In much the same way, he isn't truly a bona fide Republican but merely greedy, hypocritical, and selfish; their causes just happen to be the same.

Cloud7

I still believe that - essentially that's what he is. It so happens, though, that his opportunism is indistinguishable with the ingrained negative qualities of his set. In much the same way, he isn't truly a bona fide Republican but merely greedy, hypocritical, and selfish; their causes just happen to be the same.
If you don’t think killing people is wrong, so you kill them anyway, that still makes you a murderer. If you perform actions that have racist intent, you say things that are racist, then you are a racist, whether or not you actually think people of other races are bad or not. Your thoughts don’t matter when it comes to issues of racism, but your words and actions.

Cloud7

True enough.
I’ve never once in my life, online or real life, met someone who banged on about “censorship and free speech” who wasn’t a far right idiot who wanted to be able to say whatever they wanted about whoever they wanted without being held accountable for it.

SteveJ

Scout
If you don’t think killing people is wrong, so you kill them anyway, that still makes you a murderer. If you perform actions that have racist intent, you say things that are racist, then you are a racist, whether or not you actually think people of other races are bad or not. Your thoughts don’t matter when it comes to issues of racism, but your words and actions.
Well, yeah, you're right, I think.

The point I was trying to make - badly, it seems - is that Trump is so egotistical and selfish that he's virtually beyond definition and labels.

This (perhaps intellectually dubious) opinion of mine stems from the fact that never in my life have I seen such a conceited, venal and self-obsessed person - Trump is extraordinary in this and, for me, if it paid him to act like the world's greatest liberal, that's how he'd attempt to appear to us.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Imagine being the person having to decide wether being modded on twitter is an important enough issue to wake him up for it :lol:

I hope life is hell for everyone working for Trump
I can only imagine chaotic, ad box meetings occurring in the White House right now discussing how to approach him on this.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
well you know what trump will blame any infections on now... those thugs rioting spreading the china virus - china probably put them up to the riots

any thugs rioting are enemy combatants

lock them up in gitmo etc etc
Half expect to see a screening of ‘Birth of a Nation’ to happen tonight in the White House.

SteveJ

Scout
If the mass of rioters were white, would Trump be tweeting about how they were merely 'good folks who just want the stores open again'?

Status
Not open for further replies.