The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifter

American

What a sad attention seeking child he is. Obama must have really pissed him off.

edcunited1878

He should have been at John Lewis' funeral, but him not being there shows how polarising and disliked he is....also it wasn't a political event he could leverage for his own attention and gain, so of course he wasn't going somewhere where it wasn't about him.

Anustart89

"I'm drowning but I can't help but think the life vest I kept taking off may have contributed to this in some way".
"If I didn't spend so much energy trying to take the life vest off I might've had the energy to tread water"

Hamnat

He should have been at John Lewis' funeral, but him not being there shows how polarising and disliked he is....also it wasn't a political event he could leverage for his own attention and gain, so of course he wasn't going somewhere where it wasn't about him.
No I actually applaud him not trying to hog spotlight for once. We all know he doesn't give a shit, has no empathy for anyone and his appearance would just be fake.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
No I actually applaud him not trying to hog spotlight for once. We all know he doesn't give a shit, has no empathy for anyone and his appearance would just be fake.
That was simply an unintended byproduct, in no way was it due to Plump’s ‘altruism.’

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
So Herman Cain says they’re tired of being told to wear masks. Attends a Trump rally without wearing one whilst immunocompromised and now he’s dead.

And still nobody will learn a damn thing.

FireballXL5

I bet he'd never even heard of John Lewis.

WPMUFC

Just read on Reddit that the election delay is him shooting himself in the foot again. The constitution already accounts for this and if an election is delayed the administration is still dissolved on 20th January and the Speaker of the house assumes the position.
And if trump tweets on election night "see I was right the election was fraudulent, I need all my supporters in the military and law enforcement to protect the white house from a coup". What happens then?

People want to laugh it off, but no democracy is safe from authoritarianism. It just takes a moment to be decisive and act. I'm not saying he'll actually do this, but I now believe people should be genuinely concerned that the groundwork has been set for a violent grab of power. The president of the USA has preemptively called the election illegitimate because more of their citizens will actually be allowed to vote.

I hope the worst that comes out of this is that the Republicans will sacrifice trump to a landslide loss, yet call Biden "illegitimate" as a tactic to make his presidency weak. But if people don't hold on to the fact that authoritarianism will try to cling on to power at any cost, you'll be unprepared for when it strikes.

edcunited1878

And if trump tweets on election night "see I was right the election was fraudulent, I need all my supporters in the military and law enforcement to protect the white house from a coup". What happens then?

People want to laugh it off, but no democracy is safe from authoritarianism. It just takes a moment to be decisive and act. I'm not saying he'll actually do this, but I now believe people should be genuinely concerned that the groundwork has been set for a violent grab of power. The president of the USA has preemptively called the election illegitimate because more of their citizens will actually be allowed to vote.

I hope the worst that comes out of this is that the Republicans will sacrifice trump to a landslide loss, yet call Biden "illegitimate" as a tactic to make his presidency weak. But if people don't hold on to the fact that authoritarianism will try to cling on to power at any cost, you'll be unprepared for when it strikes.
Yeah, that's probably not going to happen. He's just getting his excuses in and getting them ready.

The military is independent of the President and have their commanders and generals they report to. Even if the U.S. President is technically the Commander in Chief, it's not without the proper Joint Chiefs of Staff and those at the Pentagon and Branches of Military who give the directives. They will not do anything to jeopardize the role or status of POTUS.

Mail-in voting has been a thing for a long time, just because the volume is anticipated to increase doesn't mean it's fraudulent. Voting suppression is real and this is one blatant way of bringing it up - blaming the 'system' instead of improving it because someone is gaining from the suppression.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I'm impressed Pompeo was able to find time away from flying to campaign in Iowa on the taxpayer dime to attend a hearing. Sorry, I mean doing secretary of state duties. In Iowa.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
After 3.5 years of this nonsense, why would you still be there if you were a decent person?
I guess I had hope that even corrupt motherfeckers who are in it for themselves can still have some beliefs they also want the best for the country. With this bunch that's clearly mutually exclusive.

It's like the kids that can't even pretend to have studied for an essay exam by making up something that at least sounds decent. Instead they come up with the worst possible answer each and every time.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I'm impressed Pompeo was able to find time away from flying to campaign in Iowa on the taxpayer dime to attend a hearing. Sorry, I mean doing secretary of state duties. In Iowa.
Let’s get real. There is at 80% chance trump thinks Iowa is a country in Eastern Europe.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I heard rumors that pompeo is the shittest state sec ever. He made the least visits outside because apparently most nations loathed him and finding excuses not to let him come

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
There are apparently some reasonably serious accusations against Pompeo from staffers that got buried in some weird shutting up the whistleblowers action. Not sure what it's about, but might come to light. He's apparently horrible. Which is kind of depressing - as per that clip, he was top of West Point, Harvard Law School hotshot. Probably on paper the smartest guy in Trump's rooms. And he still sucks.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Trump opened his press conference with a statement on Herman Cain’s passing. Has he ever acknowledged the passing of John Lewis?

mav_9me

I've long read those studies and if you can't poke holes in them then you've long relinquished your ability to be an independent thinker, which seems the case with most of this forum. Most of you guys sound like CNN journalists ffs.

Holes to be poked, wrong target group(haven't heard anyone claim it's going to take anyone off their deathbed). Then wrong concoction, sometimes not the whole mixture of drugs is used. Isn't it funny how it's potentially extremely harmful and fatal yet no one seems to prove that?

Someone asked about studies showing positive results.

https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/07/hydro-treatment-study

Guessing you can pretty much pick holes in that too. I get it, that doctor is a nutjob a deserves all the focus, why? That doesn't make any sense. Why not read what someone like Dr Hirsch published.
Take it a man like him can be respected? No?

https://academic.oup.com/aje/article/doi/10.1093/aje/kwaa093/5847586

https://medicalkidnap.com/2020/07/2...are-dying-unnecessarily-by-dr-harvey-a-risch/

I'd like to reiterate I'm not saying it works or doesn't, that I don't know. From the conflicting findings the science behind it is struggling to find that out for whatever reason. However being staunch on one side at this point seems ridiculous, a point that's flown over the heads of many on here.

Of course plenty of research is being done yet at this point, the strategy is a 'go home and hope for the best' strategy. If worst comes to worst, come back and we'll try some treatments. That makes me very uncomfortable. Some hope is simply better than none.
Dude. I am a doctor who has taken care of > 200 covid patients where I decide the treatment. Hydroxy chloroquine was in all the protocols here for the first couple of months. It got taken off after all these RCTs (if you know what an RCT is) showed no signs of working, which only confirms what we saw.

I don't have much faith in humanity but I have always hoped so many of the idiots on social media are bots.

But here you are a real person. Sigh.

I have already told you dexamethasone has worked. You chose to ignore it.

And I think you need to apologize for saying I sound like a cnn journalist. Unless you apologize this conversation is over.

Good luck to you in life. You need it.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
This is internalized anti-blackness. You are saying the quiet part out loud.
Dear christ, you couldn’t be trying to read into things harder if you needed to. In no way were either of my posts racist or ‘anti-black.’ Your bullshit psychoanalysis is just a case of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. If Gohmert passes away from C-19, my first post thereafter will probably be ‘womp, womp.’ Simply because Cain was an African-American & should have criticism levied against him doesn’t make whomever does so racist.

Revan

Assumptionman
@RooneyLegend - my wife had this to say about hydroxychloroquine working...

“Well... they might wanna tell that to all the folks I gave it to that died.”

How many studies will it take to get through your head that it’s not a cure?
Stop being a sheep and become an independent thinker. By that I mean follow the dear leader. Or just pretend that you know stuff you have absolutely no knowledge on and that contradicts what the experts are saying.

Also, Earth is flat.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Dear christ, you couldn’t be trying to read into things harder if you needed to. In no way were either of my posts racist or ‘anti-black.’ Your bullshit psychoanalysis is just a case of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. If Gohmert passes away from C-19, my first post thereafter will probably be ‘womp, womp.’ Simply because Cain was an African-American & should have criticism levied against him doesn’t make whomever does so racist.
I was told by multiple posters to ignore @entropy. I ignored this advice and tried to engage in conversation. Don’t be me.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I was told by multiple posters to ignore @entropy. I ignored this advice and tried to engage in conversation. Don’t be me.
Doesn't matter if you're right or wrong, this is some primary school stuff, loudly exclaiming how everyone kept telling you what a jerk little entropy is. It's not productive, it's basically just winding someone up. If you're ignoring him, then go ahead and ignore him.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Doesn't matter if you're right or wrong, this is some primary school stuff, loudly exclaiming how everyone kept telling you what a jerk little entropy is. It's not productive, it's basically just winding someone up. If you're ignoring him, then go ahead and ignore him.
Well considering the normal response is name calling, shit talking in other threads, and refusals to answer questions I am going to say that I should have listened. Discussion requires both parties to approach a discussion with a sincere willingness to engage is constructive debate. When one party refuses to do this then what’s the point?

I am not hiding from my opinion, I tagged them in my post and will never put anyone on ignore.

The truly funny(?) thing is that we agree on most things politically.

entropy

Believe it or not, I am more than happy to talk about policy or any key issue that qualifies a candidate to get my vote. Just not keen on performative BS such as voting and hoping for a hail mary to magically solve all our problems. Especially for someone who is accused of rape and thinks black people owe him their vote.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Believe it or not, I am more than happy to talk about policy or any key issue that qualifies a candidate to get my vote. Just not keen on performative BS such as voting and hoping for a hail mary to magically solve all our problems. Especially for someone who is accused of rape and thinks black people owe him their vote.
We agree (kind of). I disagree with a majority of Biden's policy positions, and most of the ones we "agree" on are likely performative bullshit he is spouting to get votes like mine. I also agree on your last sentence 10000%. My only quibble is that the other option, in this instance, is demonstrably worse. In a normal year I would do what I have always done, not vote for one of the major party candidates for president and carefully pick my local candidates. This sounds like the position you would likely take (excuse me if I am wrong). This year is different. Every fiber of my being believes that four more years of Trump will take us to a place we can never come back from. The best Biden can do is keep us floating long enough for change to (hopefully) occur. Biden is not an agent of change, but he is an agent of blah. Trump is an agent of change, but of a change so evil that it scare me. Serious question, do you really think the future of this country is equally bleak under both?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Trump is going to be the nostalgic last good Republican after 4 years of President Spencer

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

He left with 34% national approval, 10% lower than Trump.

This is what has happened since, with a higher approval rating *among Dems* today than he had among the public as a whole in 2008.

The entire Bush v Gore seems to be forgotten ("respect for democracy"), except when someone feels like talking about Nader voters.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Trump V Hillary once again... Just this time she's older and has actual balls.

So sad that out of 330 million people this is the best the USA can come up with...

Oh, but it's not...

Trump should be hailed for exposing all the shit we always knew was going on. Worse still, the Dems continue to pretend to be better but constantly show they are not.

The USA is a fecking joke. As is their constitution and the so called bullshit American dream.

R.I.P.

Thoughts and prayers.

Now let the rest of us get on with our lives..

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

He left with 34% national approval, 10% lower than Trump.

This is what has happened since, with a higher approval rating *among Dems* today than he had among the public as a whole in 2008.

It’s as if W. has been out injured for the past 12 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.