The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Trump V Hillary once again... Just this time she's older and has actual balls.

So sad that out of 330 million people this is the best the USA can come up with...

Oh, but it's not...

Trump should be hailed for exposing all the shit we always knew was going on. Worse still, the Dems continue to pretend to be better but constantly show they are not.

The USA is a fecking joke. As is their constitution and the so called bullshit American dream.

R.I.P.

Thoughts and prayers.

Now let the rest of us get on with our lives..
Trump might go away, but his base is there and probably increasing steadily. Won't be long before another Trump Mk.II

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Obama is going to swing this ee

He left with 34% national approval, 10% lower than Trump.

This is what has happened since, with a higher approval rating *among Dems* today than he had among the public as a whole in 2008.

The entire Bush v Gore seems to be forgotten ("respect for democracy"), except when someone feels like talking about Nader voters.
I would say Trump is heading towards 40 and the closer we get to an election, I believe it will drop even further.

Make no mistake, this bloke is on the ropes massively. He wants to move the election so that people forget his feck ups with corona, not still being in the middle of it.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Stop being a sheep and become an independent thinker. By that I mean follow the dear leader. Or just pretend that you know stuff you have absolutely no knowledge on and that contradicts what the experts are saying.

Also, Earth is flat.
I think that's a little unfair on RooneyLegend because clearly he's carried out extensive research and read through lots of totally impartial data after searching for "reasons why hydroxychloroquine DOES work" on Google.

Besides, you're a computer doctor. Not a human doctor. Your experience working in a computer hospital doesn't stand a chance against the might of someone reading studies that include words and practices that they can't possibly entirely understand.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I think that's a little unfair on RooneyLegend because clearly he's carried out extensive research and read through lots of totally impartial data after searching for "reasons why hydroxychloroquine DOES work" on Google.

Besides, you're a computer doctor. Not a human doctor. Your experience working in a computer hospital doesn't stand a chance against the might of someone reading studies that include words and practices that they can't possibly entirely understand.
My computer hospital made a mistake and cut off my computer leg by accident. Do you know a computer lawyer who can help me get some bitcoin?

Revan

Assumptionman

You speak sense.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Trump V Hillary once again... Just this time she's older and has actual balls.

So sad that out of 330 million people this is the best the USA can come up with...

Oh, but it's not...

Trump should be hailed for exposing all the shit we always knew was going on. Worse still, the Dems continue to pretend to be better but constantly show they are not.

The USA is a fecking joke. As is their constitution and the so called bullshit American dream.

R.I.P.

Thoughts and prayers.

Now let the rest of us get on with our lives..
Tell us how you really feel, buddy.
Why dost thou hate us, precious?

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Tactics: Delay the election till times are better; question the result if it is held.

If the vast majority of people can’t see through this then fcuk em, they deserve him. And if the electoral college can’t get to correct answer then throw that out. Some shaking up needs to be done.
This country is in a mess of its own making now - is there no one that can step up?

Or will it all be good in Nov 4th and we can all settle back into a rhythm again?
Trump has been a disaster of an experiment.

Biden seems quiet too, or is it the case of all trumps tweets are taking up the column inches?

F-Red

Biden seems quiet too, or is it the case of all trumps tweets are taking up the column inches?
I think he knows that Donald is sorting his own rope to hang himself with, a combination of him opening his mouth and his record on covid19 means he doesn't have to open his mouth to emphasise any points on Donald.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Tactics: Delay the election till times are better; question the result if it is held.

If the vast majority of people can’t see through this then fcuk em, they deserve him. And if the electoral college can’t get to correct answer then throw that out. Some shaking up needs to be done.
This country is in a mess of its own making now - is there no one that can step up?

Or will it all be good in Nov 4th and we can all settle back into a rhythm again?

They're letting trump eat his own head. They dont have to say anything. Its a better policy than Hilary came out with last time.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots

This is what has happened since, with a higher approval rating *among Dems* today than he had among the public as a whole in 2008.

The entire Bush v Gore seems to be forgotten ("respect for democracy"), except when someone feels like talking about Nader voters.
I find it baffling how apparently so few people see this point about Trump. Regardless of his political views, if he actually has any, he's objectively a horrible disgusting human being.

mav_9me

I know you are joking and I get it. But how sad is the situation. How incredibly sad.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I dunno. His base seems to be dying a lot of old age and Covid.
Maybe in the Carolina's, but the few sane friends we left behind enemy lines down in Bama tell a different story. The only (living) person down there more revered than Trump might be Saban. Could you imagine the number of heads that would explode if Saban endorsed Biden? They are already losing it over having to vote for an ex Auburn coach for senator. It would be glorious.

Carolina Red

Staff
Maybe in the Carolina's, but the few sane friends we left behind enemy lines down in Bama tell a different story. The only (living) person down there more revered than Trump might be Saban. Could you imagine the number of heads that would explode if Saban endorsed Biden? They are already losing it over having to vote for an ex Auburn coach for senator. It would be glorious.
I didn’t say they don’t support him. I said they’re literally dying a lot.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I didn’t say they don’t support him. I said they’re literally dying a lot.
Sad but true. Cognitive dissonance over self preservation for the win.

Question, if Dabo came out against Trump and Graham would it swing SC's election at all? The races in Bama aren't even close, but I think Saban could move the needle a couple of points.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular

Also, the bit about being an independent thinker is actually nonsense. There's no plus in being independent; critical (to see through bullshit) and rational (to question your own prejudices and intuitions) is what we should aim for. So if you see a strong scientific consensus (on climate change, GMOs, or hydrochloroquine), you accept it, cause there is nothing to criticize as a lay person and it's the rational thing to do. Being independent gets you nothing but rabbit holes at that point. (And so here we are in this discussion.)

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Also, the bit about being an independent thinker is actually nonsense. There's no plus in being independent; critical (to see through bullshit) and rational (to question your own prejudices and intuitions) is what we should aim for. So if you see a strong scientific consensus (on climate change, GMOs, or hydrochloroquine), you accept it, cause there is nothing to criticize as a lay person and it's the rational thing to do. Being independent gets you nothing but rabbit holes at that point. (And so here we are in this discussion.)
to be fare everything you eat is essentially a GMO. The only difference is if its someone in a secret Monsanto lab mad sciencing some genes into corn or a monk messing around with peas. :)

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I know you are joking and I get it. But how sad is the situation. How incredibly sad.
I don't understand why he'd ignore you - a doctor - but put trust in another doctor who's Frontline White Coat gang have been around for a grand total of a couple of weeks. That's not even enough time to have folk like me set up your email let alone carry out some peer reviewed study - which is the least they should have if they're going in front of the media proclaiming that THEY have the answer.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I don't understand why he'd ignore you - a doctor - but put trust in another doctor who's Frontline White Coat gang have been around for a grand total of a couple of weeks. That's not even enough time to have folk like me set up your email let alone carry out some peer reviewed study - which is the least they should have if they're going in front of the media proclaiming that THEY have the answer.
Listen, when you have alien semen and demon sex on your resume you don't need peer review.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs

That really shows how far the Tea Party, Birtherism, and now Trump have shifted the Overton Window so far to the right in the last 15 years. It's been quite a depressing last 8 years in the political realm especially as the public has clearly shifted their support for things like legalized cannabis and single-payer health care.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool

Biden doesn’t need to do anything but watch the trainwreck play out. I keep having this funny feeling that the worst is yet to come from Trump and him being led out of the White House in handcuffs is in his future.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
to be fare everything you eat is essentially a GMO. The only difference is if its someone in a secret Monsanto lab mad sciencing some genes into corn or a monk messing around with peas. :)
I know. :) Anyway didn't want to start a discussion on GMOs. I just included it because it points to the funny case where the left blames the right for disputing the scientific consensus on climate change, while they themselves go against mainstream science (admittedly not as conclusive as on climate change) when it comes to GMOs. That's not the rational attitude I was advocating.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I know. :) Anyway didn't want to start a discussion on GMOs. I just included it because it points to the funny case where the left blames the right for disputing the scientific consensus on climate change, while they themselves go against mainstream science (admittedly not as conclusive as on climate change) when it comes to GMOs. That's not the rational attitude I was advocating.
Of course, just trying to bring levity to this abomination. Oh, and alien semen and demon sex.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Fkin Jim Jordan trying to get Fauci to say protests should be illegal. Brilliantly responded to by Fauci who didn't take the bait. I guess now he does care what Fauci thinks about things? /s

It's pretty telling that at a time when some of the most staunch Republicans, including those in the federalist society seem to distance themselves from Trump that you still have useless politicians like him who continue to try and suck up to POTUS. Empty and shameful vessel.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Fkin Jim Jordan trying to get Fauci to say protests should be illegal. Brilliantly responded to by Fauci who didn't take the bait. I guess now he does care what Fauci thinks about things? /s

It's pretty telling that at a time when some of the most staunch Republicans, including those in the federalist society seem to distance themselves from Trump that you still have useless politicians like him who continue to try and suck up to POTUS. Empty and shameful vessel.
speaking of demon semen, look it's Gym Jordan!

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular

You've got it wrong, it's not alien semen but actually demon semen. Don't unjustly malign aliens as rapists.
Don't those go together anyway? Since demons come from a different dimensional plane, aren't they technically aliens?

Carolina Red

Staff
Sad but true. Cognitive dissonance over self preservation for the win.

Question, if Dabo came out against Trump and Graham would it swing SC's election at all? The races in Bama aren't even close, but I think Saban could move the needle a couple of points.
Doubt it.

1) you’ve still got all the Carolina fans
2) folks will make excuses and claim he’s been pressured into saying it

Status
Not open for further replies.