The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yep, incredible the world's biggest power still appoints these sort of people. Utterly, utterly fecked.
They genuinely believe the economy is a greater risk than climate change.

I expect they've probably spotted a huge economic bubble on its way. Houses aren't going to be rebuilt for free and house prices will only go up as the ocean reclaims it's land.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

I expect they've probably spotted a huge economic bubble on its way. Houses aren't going to be rebuilt for free and house prices will only go up as the ocean reclaims it's land.
:lol:

GBBQ

Pff. Trump himself spent the last 8 years whining about Obama. I'll spend the next 4 years whining about Trump and i'll gladly invite anybody reasonable to join me.

We have to accept the vote, we can complain about everything else.
I don't think the rest of the world cares about obamacare being scrapped or more tax breaks for the rich. He's making moves that will impact the world we all live in at a crucial time for reducing the impact of industrialization. If US forego environmental caps then other nations will follow suit so they can remain competitive.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
A lot of us were a bit excited when Obama was elected. Ultimately he didn't change a lot.

A lot of us are a bit scared now Trump's been elected. It's quite likely that again less will change than we think.

Just thinking out loud...
That's my optimistic thought too my friend.

Moby

Dick
A lot of us were a bit excited when Obama was elected. Ultimately he didn't change a lot.

A lot of us are a bit scared now Trump's been elected. It's quite likely that again less will change than we think.

I'm mainly concerned about the Paris deal. That will be a major setback for everyone.

John_Jensen

So basically the same plan as Superman: The Movie but without nuking the San Andreas fault and slightly more long term approach?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I like the abstract idea of California, Oregon and Washington being a separate nation. It would be one of the coolest countries in the world. Weed, skiing, tacos and Starbucks.

The Civil War put an end to such fantasies though.
You forgot the best thing about the West coast; In n Out.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

But Obama had to fight against a republican congress though right? Right now its a republican clean sweep, they can do what they want for the next 4 years.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
By the way, what are the odds on the difference between total Clinton/Trump votes being only roughly 200.000 ?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
But Obama had to fight against a republican congress though right? Right now its a republican clean sweep, they can do what they want for the next 4 years.
As I've said, I think the Republicans may well fight him.

Fergies Gum

Yes. The House and 1/3 of the Senate will be up for grabs
If Trump starts to backtrack on his key pledges like the wall, having term limits imposed, having Clinton investigated, scrapping TTIP, deportation on illegals, then he will suffer big time from his base.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The KKK are irrelevent and it is easy to make an association between trump and them but that doesn't mean someone else didn't or hasn't asked them to march for him. There is a lot of bullshit at play and people should just ignore it. Racism is something that's been pushed on people and while white people have been racist, it's not a white issue. It's an issue in a lot of cultures but it seems to me with trump winning - it's all about racism = white issue. Just ignore it. Racism was created to encourage race mixing. It's up to the people of America to make sure Trump keeps his promises but ultimately, it's up to them to understand they are all related and if Cliton (cause she's a cnut) had has got in, WW3 would have probably been very soon. There is always a bigger picture.
... what.

DOTA

I'm mainly concerned about the Paris deal. That will be a major setback for everyone.
Yeah, that one I don't have optimistic thoughts to help with...

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Yes. The House and 1/3 of the Senate will be up for grabs
I've checked for you mate and there's a few nice houses for sale here, although not cheap, but some nearby that are more affordable, the local hospital is crying out for trauma nurses and the local school AND college both need a decent history teacher. The fishing is amazing here too like I said, the only downside is you will only be able to own a spud gun.

But, you can't have everything mate.

DOTA

I've checked for you mate and there's a few nice houses for sale here, although not cheap, but some nearby that are more affordable, the local hospital is crying out for trauma nurses and the local school AND college both need a decent history teacher. The fishing is amazing here too like I said, the only downside is you will only be able to own a spud gun.

Smores

If Trump starts to backtrack on his key pledges like the wall, having term limits imposed, having Clinton investigated, scrapping TTIP, deportation on illegals, then he will suffer big time from his base.
Do you think he cares? The majority of his voters will be placated by rhetoric they're not interested in the detail.

I imagine most of his promised policies will go down the lines of Guantanmo. Promising XYZ annually but never actually getting round to it.

Carolina Red

Staff
Many seem to think that will drive people to the Democrats in 2018. I fear it'll drive people to elect folks that will push his plans through.

:lol: That's cute

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
The accelerated aging of Trump will be interesting. It's about to start now he has access to full daily briefings. What do we think the new nuclear codes are? 000001 or 111111?

Neutral

BTV
I bet he won't be saying the unemployment and growth figures are bullshit in a few months.

Yes...Yes...unemployment is at 4.9% and I did that. The economy is GREAT. We're back in business folks #WOOOOOOOOOO

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I'm just confused right now. Trump has gotten a super rare opportunity of becoming president on considerably outlandish promises. No way can he deliver on all of them and I am sure he realises that so...it's just awkward at the moment. He'll be judged and scrutinized more than ever.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I'm just confused right now. Trump has gotten a super rare opportunity of becoming president on considerably outlandish promises. No way can he deliver on all of them and I am sure he realises that so...it's just awkward at the moment. He'll be judged and scrutinized more than ever.
He looks bored already.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
He can't be bored already. Tired probably. Maybe can't be bothered with the pomp.
He doesn't need to deliver on them, he can pretty much pick and choose whatever he wants to deliver on. But I wouldn't be surprised if he manages a lot of them.

Kicking Muslims out, and stopping them from entering the US. Well that's pretty easy promise to keep, or at least look like he is keeping. Reduce the number of Asylum seekers to zero, and he'll get lots of praise from the radical right.

Building a big old wall along the southern border. Well there is already a wall, so he can just reinforce it and call it job done. Build in 20 foot tall along a few sections with the word "TRUMP" written on it in bright gold letters. Who is going to check?

Obamacare. The republicans will kill it, and replace it with an opt-in version which is basically the same.

The Times and Financial Times today were both saying the expect him to run the US like he ran his real estate empire; borrow heavily, grow, pay back later.

If we are expecting him to be our version of the queen, and to only come out on special occasions.... I wouldn't count on it.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
'Now where did I put those finger puppets?'

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
"I hope he won't try to pick up the mic."

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!

Neutral

BTV
You might not be scum, but there is no getting away from the fact that this guy essentially said to all of you 'I am racist, homophobic, xenophobic, sexist, Islamophobic, I dodge taxes, I lie 75% of the time, I would commit war crimes and also I commit sexual assault and women let me do it' and as a country you replied 'yeah we don't think attitudes like that should stop you from being the most powerful man in our country'. I can't figure out what's more depressing, that it happened in the first place or that Americans can't read that back and feel anything from it and if an American can't read that back and feel at least a twigne of shame then the issues clearly aren't as important as we make out. We're supposed to have made progress on these issues. You'd have thought we were the kind of society that shunned that on sheer principle alone, irregardless of anything else he might have had a point about.
This isn't an excuse but -

Eligible Voters - 241mil
Number of Ppl who actually voted - 120mil
Number of ppl who voted for Trump - 59.6mil

25% of the electorate voted Trump
25% of the electorate voted for Hillary

50% of the electorate didn't even bother to participate.

That's sadly the nature of American and western democracy (I bet other countries have similar figures). People don't think candidates speak for them.

And I don't feel shame because - I have never been deluded enough to think we as a country or society have solved some of our biggest issues. I saw the reaction of the right to the Obama presidency. What do you think the Birther movement was about? The hatred for him wasn't policy driven.

We laughed about it, but millions of white americans truly didn't believe he was american. We'll have right wingers now saying, we need to come together to the folks saying 'not my president'. Yet, Obama faced that from day 1 to now going on 8 years.

They called him "Obongo" FFS

The outrage that a ni**er got into the white house drove large sections of his country mad. What do you think people mean when they say they want 'their' country back? America has never been as prosperous as it is now (despite all the shit) - yet, we have people wanting to make it great again...so, when was it great? what era was this? what time period?

It doesn't take a genius to decipher what they mean.

So - no I don't feel shame. I'm sad and disappointed. But, not shameful, because I never thought we were better than this.

Ann Coulter despite saying awful things for years is not shunned - she is allowed to spew her hatred and bile without any consequences.

This was her on Nov 7th

Ann CoulterVerified account‏@AnnCoulter
If only people with at least 4 grandparents born in America were voting, Trump would win in a 50-state landslide.
What do you think she meant by that? Ignoring the fact none of Trump's grandparents were born in the US and under her conditions Trump wouldn't be a candidate :lol:

Last edited:

villain

Hates Beyoncé
He can't be bored already. Tired probably. Maybe can't be bothered with the pomp.

He doesn't need to deliver on them, he can pretty much pick and choose whatever he wants to deliver on. But I wouldn't be surprised if he manages a lot of them.

Kicking Muslims out, and stopping them from entering the US. Well that's pretty easy promise to keep, or at least look like he is keeping. Reduce the number of Asylum seekers to zero, and he'll get lots of praise from the radical right.

Building a big old wall along the southern border. Well there is already a wall, so he can just reinforce it and call it job done. Build in 20 foot tall along a few sections with the word "TRUMP" written on it in bright gold letters. Who is going to check?

Obamacare. The republicans will kill it, and replace it with an opt-in version which is basically the same.

The Times and Financial Times today were both saying the expect him to run the US like he ran his real estate empire; borrow heavily, grow, pay back later.

If we are expecting him to be our version of the queen, and to only come out on special occasions.... I wouldn't count on it.
Wait, what?
How do you reduce the number of asylum seekers to 0 and for how long? Surely that violates some human rights laws.

Jaxdan

Obama had a Dem House and Senate his first two years to do what he wanted. He spent all that time and political capital on Obamacare, for good or bad. It cost him the 2010 mid-terms badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.