The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Absolute

I'd like to go first if that's the case. I like my diverse, multicultural, gay, straight, whatever society. If I wanted to just live in a colony where everyone was exactly the same I'd put on a dinner suit and go and live with Penguins at the South Pole.
South Pole penguins don't even like North Pole penguins. You think they'd accept you just because of your micropenis?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Just read a few articles about Trump's rise in the NY & Atlantic City real estate business and his connections with the mafia. It's Hollywood level of crazyness and puts the Trump Tower building in another perspective for me.

Last edited:

Carolina Red

Staff
It's taken a week and a few of the Trump voters at work are already getting squeemish about his actions. Many of them voted for him as a vote against Hillary expecting him to not follow through on his campaign promises and thinking it was all an act just to get elected. They're getting worried now that he's not reigning himself in any.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
I do hope they have a better approach but I can see they don't have a plan yet and that was the reason Trump didn't cancel ACA, but the costs of ACA are rising and soon or later some states will refuse to cover any bill the feds don't pay. Obama had good intentions but his plan was made to fail - even Bill was against that.
the problem is that its one of those issues where people can't keep their emotion out of it. Nobody likes to be the Debbie Downer, that talks about the costs. It is also not helpful that most people simply lack any knowledge about the issue - including politicians. They usually go back to arguments about principles and moral instead of talking about functionality (while missing that without understanding functionality, moral/principled arguments are just nonsense). In the end after years and years of meddling with the issue to appease the voters and special interest, the american system is particularly bad. The reality is that the GOP won't fix the system because they are clueless...I am really interested in what they come up with, but it won't be good. Either they completely sack it, which leads us back to square one or they just make cosmetic changes and add another band-aid that keeps the system wobbling forward.

There is also not only one "good" way to do solve the problem of allocating resources in this sector. It is always about trade-offs and different systems can make sense depending on the preferences of the people. Despite many people claiming otherwise a free market system, where nobody is getting screwed, would be possible (https://faculty.chicagobooth.edu/john.cochrane/research/papers/Cochrane%20time%20consistent%20health%20insurance%20JPE.pdf + http://opim.wharton.upenn.edu/risk/downloads/archive/arch248.pdf), but something like that would never be political feasible.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
The problem is 50% of these people didn't and won't vote. When he's following through on his policies his 63million voters will be pleased and vote for him on mass again.
One his policies was to build a wall and have Mexico pay for it. If he builds it on the tax payers dime then that's going to anger some people. His Obamacare actions have already angered some of his voters.

Remember, a lot of his voters weren't people voting for him because of all of his campaing promises but rather some specific ones namely that he's not suppose to be part of the system like Hillary. When he's outed as being a part of the system just as much as his cabinet then those people will turn on him. Here we are talking about people that aren't simply just indifferent to the president but actively dislikes him. You must remember Bush? Trump already starts out as a more hated president than Bush at his worst.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Will he accept Muslims who convert to Christianity days before they enter?
How does one prove they are Christian? Do you have to prove you went to Church once a week or will once a year at Xmas do?
What about Christians who are also convicted crooks or rapists or pradophiles. Is that OK as long as they have a Christian sounding name?
Its so idiotic and stupid i wish I could laugh.

Silva

Will he accept Muslims who convert to Christianity days before they enter?
How does one prove they are Christian? Do you have to prove you went to Church once a week or will once a year at Xmas do?
What about Christians who are also convicted crooks or rapists or pradophiles. Is that OK as long as they have a Christian sounding name?
Its so idiotic and stupid i wish I could laugh.
Do you have money?
No - Get the feck outa here

Do you have money?
Yes - My friend!

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I have no love for Bill Clinton if we are going to bash Bill Clinton tag me in. He lead the neo-liberal movement that is still destroying the Democratic Party. Also Obama's immigration policy was horrifying as well. And yes Trump is racist and a bunch of other things.

Giggs86

Bill Clinton's three strikes policy was massively racist and is still destroying lives.
What does race got to do with it? If you commit three felonies it is safe to say that you're dangerous to society and should be behind bars.

Silva

What does race got to do with it? If you commit three felonies it is safe to say that you're dangerous to society and should be behind bars.
It's applied disproportionately to black and hispanic people. How many wall street bankers, who take more cocaine than anyone in prison has ever even seen is actually behind bars? It was a ramping up the drug war, which targets the drugs that minorities take more than white people. And it's led to the private prison complex, which relies on fresh prisoners to maintain growth. And they're not going to put the white boys in prison, because that'd mean the congressmens and senators kids go to prison.

It actually started with Harry Anslinger claiming Marijuana makes hispanic people aggressive, and it's led to America having more people imprisoned than any other country in the world. Almost 100 years of prohibition because a racist dickwad lost his anti-boozing job.

Last edited:

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
It's applied disproportionately to black and hispanic people. How many wall street bankers, who take more cocaine than anyone in prison has ever even seen is actually behind bars? It was a ramping up the drug war, which targets the drugs that minorities take more than white people. And it's led to the private prison complex, which relies on fresh prisoners to maintain growth. And they're not going to put the white boys in prison, because that'd mean the congressmen's and senators kids go to prison.
Also see the Heroin epidemic that is ravaging white suburbs.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Day 3 of my trip over. Made a point to watch nighttime talk shows - tRump is taking such a hideous bashing of the likes I've never seen. I want to laugh hard but can't becuase it's all so sad.

And people in New York are in a total daze, like they've being constantly smashed on the head by a tennis table racket.

There are mutterings of deliberate sabotage against tRump like all immigrants striking for a week from their jobs.

Some highly intelligent people are speaking a civil war! I was at a dinner this evening and all 12 people were talking about how they all had to engage and protest in ways never tried before.

There is a quickly growing movement calling all anti tRumpers to boycott all Trump businesses and to try and bankrupt his business.

It will be interesting to see what happens when he next visits the city but I'd imagine the entire Trump family will soon become the most despised people in the city. Thats the vibe I'm getting.

Oh and I was also told to STFU given I was a Brit who allowed my country to BrExit and everyone laughed at Theresa May desperation to make friends with the man with little hands

Last edited:

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You're right... Apart from forgetting trump also mentioned building a wall and intimated that Mexicans are criminals...

It's applied disproportionately to black and hispanic people. How many wall street bankers, who take more cocaine than anyone in prison has ever even seen is actually behind bars? It was a ramping up the drug war, which targets the drugs that minorities take more than white people. And it's led to the private prison complex, which relies on fresh prisoners to maintain growth. And they're not going to put the white boys in prison, because that'd mean the congressmens and senators kids go to prison.

It actually started with Harry Anslinger claiming Marijuana makes hispanic people aggressive, and it's led to America having more people imprisoned than any other country in the world. Almost 100 years of prohibition because a racist dickwad lost his anti-boozing job.
Was talking about this earlier today... Or yesterday, damn... I need to sleep...

Giggs86

You're right... Apart from forgetting trump also mentioned building a wall and intimated that Mexicans are criminals...
I don't see what's wrong with building a wall and have a secure border. The only issue with that is the possibility that Mexico won't pay for the wall and it will be out of our tax money, but that's another story.

In fairness Trump didn't call all Mexicans criminals. That's just part of the left media witch-hunt. What he did say is that those who come here illegally are criminals, which, in all honesty does make them criminals. How can anyone disagree that breaking into a foreign country, illegally, while breaking that country's immigration laws is not a criminal act?

I'm not a fan of Trump but some of his policies make a lot of sense. Him being an obnoxious narcissist and some dubious cabinet appointments unfortunately stealing the spotlights so far.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
A wall does not make a secure border. The very idea of a wall is so childish and insane that it makes anyone who wants/believes in it an idiot.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
So this new immigration ruling will allow Christians in from majority muslim countries?
Same rule will also allow Jews in that are minorities, in Russia for example?

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
I don't see what's wrong with building a wall and have a secure border. The only issue with that is the possibility that Mexico won't pay for the wall and it will be out of our tax money, but that's another story.
If you think that's the only issue, then you haven't read nearly enough on this topic, or even what has been written here in the last few pages!

In fairness Trump didn't call all Mexicans criminals. That's just part of the left media witch-hunt. What he did say is that those who come here illegally are criminals, which, in all honesty does make them criminals.
That is totally not what he said!

...And Some of your thoughts, I assume, are informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.