The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Member 5225

Somebody was asking about Trump supporters. Dunno if you support him, but you have defended him on here. How is Toronto?
Do you try defending Trump in Toronto Paz?
That can't be going well. Canada as a whole pretty much thinks he is a joke
Well try not to defend him per se, but I can't stand a one-sided debate/argument and belittling (whether it is for Trump, Sanders, Corbyn or May). I simply try to balance the discussion (mostly to make a point).

Love Toronto; Canada feels a world of difference to the UK!

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Found a great new account to follow for Trump tweets without following the moron himself

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I didn't say she would run a third time. But she is quite comfortably better suited to the Presidency than any other American at the moment.
She's quite comfortably more unelectable than any other American (save a re-election for Trump) as well.

People just don't like her or the cabal that support her from behind the scenes.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
She's quite comfortably more unelectable than any other American (save a re-election for Trump) as well.

People just don't like her or the cabal that support her from behind the scenes.
On the contrary, she got nearly 3m more votes than her opponent against a headwind of Russian interference and an unprecedented action by the FBI Director. Her so called cabal of support behind the scenes is a complete myth.

Abizzz

So a US congressman (Clay Higgins) tweets:
Not a single radicalized Islamic suspect should be granted any measure of quarter, ... Hunt them, identify them, and kill them. Kill them all. For the sake of all that is good and righteous. Kill them all.
Instead of killing all radicalized Islamists he now wants to move on to killing anybody suspected of it. Trump's ideas hit fertile ground in the modern day GOP.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'm just waiting for Trump's numbers to slide another 5 points or so. That that point there will be a lot of pressure on GOP congress members to start jumping off the ship.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Apparently calling it a Travel Ban is half the battle. They will just stop doing what they do because of our terminology. Much like "Radical Islamic Terrorism".

Carolina Red

Staff

InfiniteBoredom

I'm just waiting for Trump's numbers to slide another 5 points or so. That that point there will be a lot of pressure on GOP congress members to start jumping off the ship.
That'll only happen if there is indeed a golden shower tape. His 37-38% is rock solid.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
He's just upset the USA's closest ally and completely pissed off and alienated the country from the entire world. How much more does he need to do? Or should I say, what exactly does he need to do? Take a shit in front of honest Abe at the memorial, then wipe his arse with the stars and stripes? Would that do it?

He has done dozens and dozens, maybe even hundreds (no, I am not exaggerating there) of things that would bring down any other President, but would definitely have brought down Obama. Heck, he shouldn't have even been elected, he shouldn't have even come close in the Republican primary for fecks sake.

iKnowNothing

Lets see what happens a week after Comey's testimoney.
I don't expect it to be earth shattering the way some in the media (say CNN) are building it up to be. If there was evidence against him/his aides, they would've gone for the jugular and pulled out all stops to prevent it. It's probably going to be more circumstantial sequence of events/he-said-she-said than anything concrete.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I don't expect it to be earth shattering the way some in the media (say CNN) are building it up to be. If there was evidence against him/his aides, they would've gone for the jugular and pulled out all stops to prevent it. It's probably going to be more circumstantial sequence of events/he-said-she-said than anything concrete.
It depends what Comey says. He also has a private session immediately after the one on TV. The key thing won't be collusion, it will be obstruction of justice. If Comey even says anything remotely close to Trump asking him to stop investigating, the media will explode into a new obstruction of justice narrative, which is sufficient to get him impeached.

langster

Scout
It depends what Comey says. He also has a private session immediately after the one on TV. The key thing won't be collusion, it will be obstruction of justice. If Comey even says anything remotely close to Trump asking him to stop investigating, the media will explode into a new obstruction of justice narrative, which is sufficient to get him impeached.
Trump will just Tweet he said it, he thinks he's untouchable as President. Also, the more he's backed in to a corner the more he will fight, so his Tweets will become more and more vicious yet more and more revealing all through the week.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Trump will just Tweet he said it, he thinks he's untouchable as President. Also, the more he's backed in to a corner the more he will fight, so his Tweets will become more and more vicious yet more and more revealing all through the week.
Not at all. Obstruction of justice is a felony punishable by prison time. He will get impeached if he's found to have done it.

langster

Scout
Oh and Sadiq Khan has hit back by saying that Trump's State visit invitation should be withdrawn and the occasion should be cancelled. No horse and cart & riding with Queeny for Trumpy Wumpy woo woo.

Not at all. Obstruction of justice is a felony punishable by prison time. He will get impeached if he's found to have done it.
I think you misunderstood, I didn't say that it wasn't a felony or he wouldn't be punished. Just saying that look at this week where he hits out at people and has unwittingly admitted it was a travel ban, therefore potentially proving the case against it. I was just saying he will probably Tweet out that he asked Cowardly Comey to step away from the Russian investigation but he was too weak to do so, so he fired him instead. #HeSHouldHaveBeenABallerInstead

InfiniteBoredom

Impeachment is a political process. Even if the courts or justice department found him guilty of it, it's still up to the GOP base whether they want him removed or not.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Impeachment is a political process. Even if the courts or justice department found him guilty of it, it's still up to the GOP base whether they want him removed or not.
Yes I know that. If Mueller's committee drops an obstruction bomb then Congress will have to impeach. The pressure will be overwhelming at that point (unlike now where its business as usual).

Raoul

Admin
Staff
..but don't you need verifiable evidence over Comey's statements?
You also have Rodgers and Coats, as well as all of Trump's idiotic comments on Twitter, his anger at Sesssions recusing etc. Collectively they make a pretty strong case. And that's just on the obstruction of justice. We haven't gone full circle with Collusion yet.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I wonder if it was a case of Trump saying to his colleagues: "Just get me elected. I don't care what you have to do to achieve it".

Raoul

Admin
Staff
BTW....on Collusion, if he's guilty, there's a pretty good chance there will be two pretty damning conclusions.

1. The Trump campaign used intermediaries to coordinate the release of hacked information to tactically bring down Hillary's numbers. Farage and Roger Stone probably involved in coordinating with Assange/Guccifer/GRU

2. Kushner's data analytics operation shared microtargeting information with the GRU (again through intermediaries) in order to facilitate targeted troll campaigns in Hillary's weak states (MI, WI, MN, NC, FL etc.)

If authenticated, the question then becomes what did Trump himself know, how much did he know, and was he in any way part of the coordination. If yes on all counts, its Treason.

Last edited:

iKnowNothing

..and yet, all these would be circumstantial evidence. I don't think anything would point directly at Trump or any of his close aides. @Raoul

Trump getting impeached is far far away.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
..and yet, all these would be circumstantial evidence. I don't think anything would point directly at Trump or any of his close aides. @Raoul
Nope. The evidence would be rock solid since it would be based on signals and human intelligence. Recordings of actual meetings between both sides and human intelligence of intermediary transactions.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
If a fit 30y.o football player, decent person can just died from heart attack, who cant a fat cnutish person like Trump not just drop off the face of this earth? Life is just so unfair.

Trump must have been a bottomfeeder of some nuclear cesspool in his previous life.

langster

Scout
Wow even US tv shows are getting political and hitting Trump really, really hard. Just watched the last two episodes of the new season of Law & Order SVU and by feck was it brutal. Pretty much a 2 hour hit job of Trump, his supporters and the entire Republican party. I'm wondering is this Hollywood and the tv studios hitting back? And are there any other tv shows being so blatant and hitting Trump like that?

langster

Scout

Is it all falling apart? Trump looking for a space-goat?

And Pence saying that the US must stand United with NATO, the complete opposite of what Trump said. So is that Mr Pence who has been so quiet lately, positioning himself?

Edit Damn you @Raoul, don't start being a @senorgregster :lol:

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Is it all falling apart? Trump looking for a space-goat?

And Pence saying that the US must stand United with NATO, the complete opposite of what Trump said. So is that Mr Pence who has been so quiet lately, positioning himself?

Edit Damn you @Raoul, don't start being a @senorgregster :lol:
Drumpf is just pissed that Beauregard recused himself. He thought he was installing an obedient sycophant as AG and it backfired. Wouldn't be shocked to see him attempt to get rid of him and put Rudy in.

Status
Not open for further replies.