The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

iKnowNothing

Both optimism and reality. Despite last year's win, Trump still doesn't have a cogent support base that can sustain him for the next 4-8 years. And unlike last year, the pressure to get rid of him in 20 will be so immense that he will have serious problems replicating another win, especially if the Dems put up a credible candidate.
The part in bold is the toughest bit. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a deal in place to give Hillary another shot to run.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Wow...Spicer isn't doing the presser and journos are asking why he's not there (despite being in the building).

kps88

Wow...Spicer isn't doing the presser and journos are asking why he's not there (despite being in the building).
Don't know why she doesn't always do the briefing. She does a much better job.

ravi2

She'd be a credible candidate. She just beat him by several million popular votes.
If you want to guarantee Trump another win, just run Hillary again. I would hope the DNC has learned from their mistakes but time will tell.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
The part in bold is the toughest bit. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a deal in place to give Hillary another shot to run.
She's had two chances at it, blown them both when the prevailing opinion going in was both times it was her race to win. Obama she can be forgiven for losing to him. Trump, even though she won the popular vote, she still made too many campaign mistakes along the way. The reality is, that there is a large enough portion of the voting base that just do not like her, and the Dems would do well to avoid her if at all possible. Her running could once again energize enough of the voters to give even Trump a chance (seems unlikely now, but then again it seemed unlikely going into the election that she could lose to him at all).

The Dems would do well to avoid her like the plague, unless they really have no one else.

This article does not paint a pretty picture for the Dems, so maybe Hillary is the only choice.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/06/no-one-likes-prospective-democrat-2020-candidates

Last edited:

Fergies Gum

Yeah, that account is real if she's following it.

So her husband was a Sanders fan but he's now switched to supporting Trump :houllier:. Though i suppose he got told to backtrack and post those tweets.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
A CNN pundit made a very good point just now about the travel ban.

The whole premise of the ban was it was a pause for only 90 days so they could fix the vetting issues from the countries listed thats why it wasnt a "ban". It was just a temporary pause because National security was at risk. They wanted to fix the issues and wanted 90 days to do so. If it was such an issue of National security why didnt they try to fix the vetting issues anyway while the ban being dealt with in court. Its been 120 odd days since the ban was rolled out. They have had 30 extra days at least. Why do they still need the "90 day pause". Its such bullshit and continues to underline the fact that he just wants to ban muslims for the sake of it anyway possible even if its for a fecking month. That would give hima win in the promise kept column.
I told my wife that just last night!! The ban was for 90 days until they sorted out whatever they needed to sort out. 90 days has long gone so by their own admission, the ban is not needed simply because they should have already sorted their so called vetting process.

ChaddyP

I told my wife that just last night!! The ban was for 90 days until they sorted out whatever they needed to sort out. 90 days has long gone so by their own admission, the ban is not needed simply because they should have already sorted their so called vetting process.
Im surprised it isnt even more of a talking point

ChaddyP

Yeah, that account is real if she's following it.

So her husband was a Sanders fan but he's now switched to supporting Trump :houllier:. Though i suppose he got told to backtrack and post those tweets.
He posted a few tweets after saying he still supports the potus but needs to stfu on twitter because his words are hurting the administrations ability to work and more people need to tell him this. (i'm paraphrasing of course :lol: )

Fergies Gum

He posted a few tweets after saying he still supports the potus but needs to stfu on twitter because his words are hurting the administrations ability to work and more people need to tell him this. (i'm paraphrasing of course :lol: )
You can bet Kelly Anne made a expletive laden phone call to her hubby when she saw the critical tweet :)

kps88

Im surprised it isnt even more of a talking point
They'll just argue it's needed now. With all the usual buzz words - safety of the American people, dangerous times, Obama named 'em first, within the President's authority etc.

iKnowNothing

She's had two chances at it, blown them both when the prevailing opinion going in was both times it was her race to win. Obama she can be forgiven for losing to him. Trump, even though she won the popular vote, she still made too many campaign mistakes along the way. The reality is, that there is a large enough portion of the voting base that just do not like her, and the Dems would do well to avoid her if at all possible. Her running could once again energize enough of the voters to give even Trump a chance (seems unlikely now, but then again it seemed unlikely going into the election that she could lose to him at all).

The Dems would do well to avoid her like the plague, unless they really have no one else.

This article does not paint a pretty picture for the Dems, so maybe Hillary is the only choice.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/06/no-one-likes-prospective-democrat-2020-candidates
It looks like the case. I just don't see any "new/credible" face coming out of the Dem camp - someone who could lead the charge against Trump. It's just sad really.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Well, she lost against a total outsider. I think she's had her chance.
Outsiders don't necessarily fare worse than insiders. Trump and Obama were both to varying degrees, outsiders. She's still the most competent person available in the US.

ManUtd1999

I like the Clintons, but I don't want to see Hillary anywhere near the Democratic party, let alone being the nominee. We should move on...

iKnowNothing

Outsiders don't necessarily fare worse than insiders. Trump and Obama were both to varying degrees, outsiders. She's still the most competent person available in the US.
From what we've seen in 2016, competency doesn't matter to the American electorate. She carries way too much baggage and will be under immense pressure if she were to line up against Trump again.

Edit: Yes, she won the popular vote - but results matter and she didn't deliver when she had the golden chance. No reason to assume she can deliver if she's given another chance.

ChaddyP

It looks like the case. I just don't see any "new/credible" face coming out of the Dem camp - someone who could lead the charge against Trump. It's just sad really.
Looks like Biden may run. Wouldnt call him new. But he could be seen as credible. I wouldnt be surprised if Trump had to worry about his own nomination in 2020 first though .

Raoul

Admin
Staff
From what we've seen in 2016, competency doesn't matter to the American electorate. She carries way too much baggage and will be under immense pressure if she were to line up against Trump again.

Edit: Yes, she won the popular vote - but results matter and she didn't deliver when she had the golden chance. No reason to assume she can deliver if she's given another chance.
Yes she does carry baggage, which is why the Dems will almost surely nominate a newer candidate, ideally below the age of 60.

Status
Not open for further replies.