The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergies Gum

I think he knows exactly what he's doing. He's just being a dick and spreading propaganda.
He could be doing this because his supporters on Twitter have been going after Khan from the moment the news of the attack was announced.

The right wing/alt right were posting a misrepresented quote that Khan said "terrorist attacks are part & parcel of living in a big city" and they're implying he's a terrorist sympathiser.

These kind of posts have been getting circulated since Friday night.

Last edited:

ChaddyP

I have a feeling the Jeff Lord experiment is winding down. A lot of the anchors are increasingly exasperated at having to deal with his Baghdad Bob schtick every day. Jason Miller for example is a much better representative of Trump's views that Lord.
I used to think that having Lord on made sense. Because he actually Best represented the thinking of Trump. But more and more Trump has become more unhinged which means Lord has to follow suit. I think its really time for Lord to go as he is just a trump appologist no matter what he does or says.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
This is so infuriating. It's a repeat of Birthirism, spreading false propaganda to attack a prominent ethnic minority politician.

How can our government allow a foreign politician to attack the Mayor of our capital? How can the right in any way claim to be the party of patriotism and let this stand? It's sickening.

ThierryHenry

While he's a incompetant disgrace, aren't we reliant on them as a trading partner and ally?
We won't leave the EU until March 2019 and likely won't be able to sign new trade deals for 2-5 years after that date. It's very unlikely we'll sign a new trade agreement with the US in the next decade.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
While he's a incompetant disgrace, aren't we reliant on them as a trading partner and ally?
That should go both ways, he's slagging off the mayor of a city that's just endured a terror attack and it's pretty obvious he's doing it because Khan's a muslim, as his friends in the alt right do. Our head of government shouldn't be standing for it, let alone inviting him over for a state visit to meet the Queen.

ChaddyP

We won't leave the EU until March 2019 and likely won't be able to sign new trade deals for 2-5 years after that date. It's very unlikely we'll sign a new trade agreement with the US in the next decade.
just on a side note, what happens during the end of EU pull out and the end of new trade deal negotiations. What happens during that Gap.

Dobba

This is so infuriating. It's a repeat of Birthirism, spreading false propaganda to attack a prominent ethnic minority politician. How can our government allow a foreign politician to attack the Mayor of our capital? How can the right in any way claim to be the party of patriotism and let this stand? It's sickening.
Because the government is currently led by his spineless, hand holding friend.

ThierryHenry

just on a side note, what happens during the end of EU pull out and the end of new trade deal negotiations. What happens during that Gap.
The assumption is that there will be a transitional deal, as businesses will need time to adjust to new tariff agreements and non-tariff barriers to trade. This will likely last 2-5 years, and the EU will presumably state that the UK can't sign any new trade agreements in this period.

ChaddyP

The assumption is that here will be a transitional deal, as businesses will need time to adjust to new tariff agreements and non-tariff barriers to trade. This will likely last 2-5 years, and the EU will presumably state that the UK can't sign any new trade agreements in this period.
ahh i see. cheers

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
The assumption is that here will be a transitional deal, as businesses will need time to adjust to new tariff agreements and non-tariff barriers to trade. This will likely last 2-5 years, and the EU will presumably state that the UK can't sign any new trade agreements in this period.
It's going to go so well.

R'hllor

From 6:20 onwards :lol::lol::lol::lol: . "In terms of universe,miss universe..." so fecking good

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This is so infuriating. It's a repeat of Birthirism, spreading false propaganda to attack a prominent ethnic minority politician.

How can our government allow a foreign politician to attack the Mayor of our capital? How can the right in any way claim to be the party of patriotism and let this stand? It's sickening.
One word
Brexit.

Fergies Gum

Trump not even bothered to tweet about the Orlando attack.

He was quick to tweet about the London terror attack, but not a word from him on the Orlando shooting which has killed at least 4 people.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Trump not even bothered to tweet about the Orlando attack.

He was quick to tweet about the London terror attack, but not a word from him on the Orlando shooting which has killed at least 4 people.
He's so transparent.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
I'm so angry at Trump at the moment, so much more than I have ever been before. Last night broke me, that concert by that oh so special young lady was pretty much my limit. Miss Grande showed last night for me why we should all have hope and it was beautiful to see. It really touched me last night, that really was special.

Then you have this massive cnut of a man Trump. A man who has literally shown to be devoid of compassion, restraint, intelligence, empathy and sympathy. He is a racist, misogynist, sexist bigot who has literally lied his way to the Presidency and since he has been there all he has cared about is HIM! Everything is all about him and for him to attack the London Mayor at a time like this, well, that's low even for him. Funnily enough I said that last week, and the week before, and the week before that etc........... Nothing, absolutely nothing is beneath him.

I have to restrain myself otherwise I will be banned, but yeah! I hope he comes to the UK now and I will definitely take a day off work to go and protest him. It's no good me just ranting on here, I need to back up my words with actions. I literally cannot put in to words how upset I have been by recent events in London and my second home of Manchester and for Trump to say what he has, well, he's a fecking disgrace. United States I hope you are all proud. We all knew this was going to happen, and the worst part is that his supporters don't give a shit and actually still support him through all of this.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'm so angry at Trump at the moment, so much more than I have ever been before. Last night broke me, that concert by that oh so special young lady was pretty much my limit. Miss Grande showed last night for me why we should all have hope and it was beautiful to see. It really touched me last night, that really was special.

Then you have this massive cnut of a man Trump. A man who has literally shown to be devoid of compassion, restraint, intelligence, empathy and sympathy. He is a racist, misogynist, sexist bigot who has literally lied his way to the Presidency and since he has been there all he has cared about is HIM! Everything is all about him and for him to attack the London Mayor at a time like this, well, that's low even for him. Funnily enough I said that last week, and the week before, and the week before that etc........... Nothing, absolutely nothing is beneath him.

I have to restrain myself otherwise I will be banned, but yeah! I hope he comes to the UK now and I will definitely take a day off work to go and protest him. It's no good me just ranting on here, I need to back up my words with actions. I literally cannot put in to words how upset I have been by recent events in London and my second home of Manchester and for Trump to say what he has, well, he's a fecking disgrace. United States I hope you are all proud. We all knew this was going to happen, and the worst part is that his supporters don't give a shit and actually still support him through all of this.
Just look at Trump as a necessary road bump for people to see that this is really not the direction we want to go in. Expect a correction in 18 and 20.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just look at Trump as a necessary road bump for people to see that this is really not the direction we want to go in. Expect a correction in 18 and 20.
Always the optimist....

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Always the optimist....
Both optimism and reality. Despite last year's win, Trump still doesn't have a cogent support base that can sustain him for the next 4-8 years. And unlike last year, the pressure to get rid of him in 20 will be so immense that he will have serious problems replicating another win, especially if the Dems put up a credible candidate.

ManUtd1999

Speaking of the UK economy, check this one out:

"The UK is now the worst-performing advanced economy in the world, with growth slumping to just 0.2 per cent in the first three months of the year.
It means Britain is bottom of the G7 group of advanced economies, while Canada has surged to the top, with an expansion of 0.9 per cent in the period."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...t-slump-election-pound-sterling-a7766286.html

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Both optimism and reality. Despite last year's win, Trump still doesn't have a cogent support base that can sustain him for the next 4-8 years. And unlike last year, the pressure to get rid of him in 20 will be so immense that he will have serious problems replicating another win, especially if the Dems put up a credible candidate.
Hope you're right mate...

ChaddyP

A CNN pundit made a very good point just now about the travel ban.

The whole premise of the ban was it was a pause for only 90 days so they could fix the vetting issues from the countries listed thats why it wasnt a "ban". It was just a temporary pause because National security was at risk. They wanted to fix the issues and wanted 90 days to do so. If it was such an issue of National security why didnt they try to fix the vetting issues anyway while the ban being dealt with in court. Its been 120 odd days since the ban was rolled out. They have had 30 extra days at least. Why do they still need the "90 day pause". Its such bullshit and continues to underline the fact that he just wants to ban muslims for the sake of it anyway possible even if its for a fecking month. That would give hima win in the promise kept column.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
A CNN pundit made a very good point just now about the travel ban.

The whole premise of the ban was it was a pause for only 90 days so they could fix the vetting issues from the countries listed thats why it wasnt a "ban". It was just a temporary pause because National security was at risk. They wanted to fix the issues and wanted 90 days to do so. If it was such an issue of National security why didnt they try to fix the vetting issues anyway while the ban being dealt with in court. Its been 120 odd days since the ban was rolled out. They have had 30 extra days at least. Why do they still need the "90 day pause". Its such bullshit and continues to underline the fact that he just wants to ban muslims for the sake of it anyway possible even if its for a fecking month. That would give hima win in the promise kept column.
The 90 day pause thing is obviously complete nonsense.

ChaddyP

The 90 day pause thing is obviously complete nonsense.
Well yes but it was what they were "running with" and that whole premise is out the window. So i wonder whats the excuse now that they have had a full 120 odd days to fix the vetting. Are they now going to say , well we cant vet untill the movements have stopped?

InfiniteBoredom

Well yes but it was what they were "running with" and that whole premise is out the window. So i wonder whats the excuse now that they have had a full 120 odd days to fix the vetting. Are they now going to say , well we cant vet untill the movements have stopped?
Any court worth its salt will throw away their appeal. He already publicly contradicted the reasoning in their suit.

ChaddyP

Our Democratic Party would be centre-right (just for you @Rado_N ) in Europe
While that may be true it still wouldn't change the fact that the USA is just way too polarised at both sides at the moment and. both parties need. to shift closer to the center for any thing of worth to happen. The only time Congress can do anything is when one party controls everything. In this century that's happened 4 out of the last 16 years if memory serves. Trump has it now and can't pass anything (all though that has more to do with him being insane)

Status
Not open for further replies.