The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteBoredom

I'd have told him to feck off. Then let him attempt to jail me which would go down great - jailing a journalist/media personality.
None of them fear being jailed or even have the IRS set on them, but afraid of being cut off from access is my guess.

The sorry state of journalism.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Why the feck is someone with such views allowed on CNN?
The guy on screen isn't the person that said it, he's just someone there to talk about it having been said.

Even so, not exactly a talking point.
Why are their faces blurred?

Edit: was it a private meet?
Good question. Not sure if it's the same occasion that was reported on earlier, but from what I read they only went full-Nazi there after most reporters had left.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Why the feck is someone with such views allowed on CNN?
The guy on screen is a journo. The words at the bottom of the screen are in reference to Richard Spencer, the Alt-Right hipster, who held a conference in DC.

Ubik

Harsh on Bush tbf.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The guy on screen isn't the person that said it, he's just someone there to talk about it having been said.

Even so, not exactly a talking point.
The guy on screen is a journo. The words at the bottom of the screen are in reference to Richard Spencer, the Alt-Right hipster, who held a conference in DC.
Thanks.

Will Absolute

Bernie is on the case!
Stupid from Sanders. What good do all those unrepatriated earnings do America if they never come home? Striking a deal with corporations allowing them to bring back the money on reasonable terms in return for investment in places like the Rust Belt is a good idea.

Conrad

Why are their faces blurred?

Edit: was it a private meet?
I'm not an expert but I think you have to get somebody's permission to broadcast covert (identifiable) footage of them, which I imagine wouldn't have been forthcoming, or risk being sued.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This trade deal he wants to end immediately, what exactly is it? Is it bad that he wants to do this?

MTF

Normally just a single car not drawing too much attention, however on official business then probably 3 cars. You never hear about disruption and it's not a big deal when the PM is out an about. Although security is around, it's nothing like the President has to deal with, but i'd put a lot of that down to gun laws in the UK and the amount of guns in the USA. Go check out a video on YouTube from last year (I think) where a jogger actually ran in to the PM. He became very famous for a while :lol: There's no way that would happen in the USA. He wouldn't be able to get that close.
But even terrorism is discounted? "I got 649 with whom to replace this one"?

Good on you though. US is probably a bit overboard, and now we see what happens when the new one happens to live in the most densely populated city (didn't actually check).

Ubik

Its GWB appreciation season now, huh? Oh how we would've been nicer to him if we could've known who was the next Republican President. :lol:
Was aimed more at belittling Trump (and his hands) if I'm honest :lol:

MTF

This trade deal he wants to end immediately, what exactly is it? Is it bad that he wants to do this?
Its not signed yet, Obama had been negotiating for quite a while. Free-trade deal with Japan, relevant SE Countries, Mexico, Canada, Australia, Peru, Chile... had a geopolitical aspect to it too hoping to bring the SE Asia countries closer to US influence and farther from China.

Its a bad signal, but what it means for NAFTA and WTO is yet to be seen. He needs Congress to leave some of that.

InfiniteBoredom

Its GWB appreciation season now, huh? Oh how we would've been nicer to him if we could've known who was the next Republican President. :lol:
Tbf I've seen accounts of W actually being quite, at the very least, intellectually active, which is more than can be said of the humanoid Cheeto.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Its not signed yet, Obama had been negotiating for quite a while. Free-trade deal with Japan, relevant SE Countries, Mexico, Canada, Australia, Peru, Chile... had a geopolitical aspect to it too hoping to bring the SE Asia countries closer to US influence and farther from China.

Its a bad signal, but what it means for NAFTA and WTO is yet to be seen. He needs Congress to leave some of that.
Feel sorry for Obama having worked for so long on things only to see them dismantled as soon as he's gone.

MTF

Tbf I've seen accounts of W actually being quite, at the very least, intellectually active, which is more than can be said of the humanoid Cheeto.
I just wanted to make the joke because I laughed when I thought of it. I think I respect W more than most actually (in part because I'm not offended by the very notion of a Republican President), he was probably just thrust a few levels beyond his incompetence (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_principle).

MTF

Feel sorry for Obama having worked for so long on things only to see them dismantled as soon as he's gone.
Most everything about TPP I like, because I'm pro-Free trade, and it comes with the added bonus of a small strategic win vs China. To scrap it and achieve nothing in return just pisses me off.

Ubik

BBC coverage of Trump is great. They have the choice of multiple corruption stories, neo-Nazis saluting him, his meeting with the TV networks, but on their front page they have chosen to go with:

"Is Melania's White House snub just good parenting?"

MTF

In the world of "I'm just gonna sit here and act like an island, make my own sneakers, toys and paper clips" its great. In the real world where you have things that you'd like to sell other countries (like airplanes), its not.

The funniest thing about the anti-trade argument is this: people in developed countries claim trade is bad and the poorer countries are fleecing them, people in developing countries claim trade is bad and the richer countries are fleecing them. And then on the flip side the same left anti-trade crowd from developed countries wants to act all concerned about the poverty and other issues in developing countries.

Don't worry though, Nike and adidas already have plans to make sneakers in the US and Europe again. With robots. Workers in the Midwest and in China rejoice.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
Stupid from Sanders. What good do all those unrepatriated earnings do America if they never come home? Striking a deal with corporations allowing them to bring back the money on reasonable terms in return for investment in places like the Rust Belt is a good idea.
I think Apple has about 200 billion in offshore banks

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
In the world of "I'm just gonna sit here and act like an island, make my own sneakers, toys and paper clips" its great. In the real world where you have things that you'd like to sell other countries (like airplanes), its not.

The funniest thing about the anti-trade argument is this: people in developed countries claim trade is bad and the poorer countries are fleecing them, people in developing countries claim trade is bad and the richer countries are fleecing them. And then on the flip side the same left anti-trade crowd from developed countries wants to act all concerned about the poverty and other issues in developing countries.

Don't worry though, Nike and adidas already have plans to make sneakers in the US and Europe again. With robots.

One thing is a free trade agreement but the TPP is hardly your typical free trade agreement. Investigate a little bit more...

For example, Chile already has free trade agreement with all the parties involved, absolutely no need to sign it, but they are being forced into it because of all those extra little details that were worked out in secret that gonna give occidental international transnationals even more free way to take and do what they want when they want it.

how can you trust a deal conceived in secret and redacted by transnational representatives lobbyists is a good deal without any public feedback? Are you a pro Orwellian state supporter or what? or maybe do you work for Monsanto? :D

This deal is more about control than it is about actual "trade".

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
Most everything about TPP I like, because I'm pro-Free trade, and it comes with the added bonus of a small strategic win vs China. To scrap it and achieve nothing in return just pisses me off.
How many jobs Wall street creates? If every company decides to move abroad then only the traders will win and helping creating the bigger gap between the rich and the middle class - I'm not even talking about the poor.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
I just turned the news on for the first time since the election and plumped for CNN as I thought it would be the safer option. I was confronted with Kaleigh feckwit saying how she would prefer Rudy G over Mitt Romney because she wants someone who has "confronted terrorists and stared terrorism in the eye and not backed down" Feck my life. I think I lasted 5 seconds before turning over. I had hoped these morons would be gone but it looks like they are here to stay.

In other news, the most overrated and by far the biggest douche in the history of Hip Hop (and there have been some monumental douchebags to chose from) Kanye West said he would have voted for the giant buffoon if he had bothered to vote. I think that says it all really, In other words. "Massive wanker says he would have voted for an even bigger wanker if he had bother to vote, but he couldn't be arsed because he is a massive wanker"

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
And it creates a precedent, because of which companies can continue parking their profits tax-free knowing the government will have to cave in eventually.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
US and Eritrea are the only two countries that require non-resident citizens to pay income tax. It's absurd that you have to pay tax even if you don't live in the country.
You don't have to in the US unless you make more than 101k per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.