The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Anytime an American is killed in Israel because terrorism some how Iran is involved, anyway I think Iran should change and stop the no sense hate they have for Israel, they could be a powerful nation in the region but religion + hate = terrorism, I know a Persian girl who married a friends son, good people.
This has literally nothing to do with what @2cents said, or what I said which you ignored, or Trump's blatant corruption.

You're just typing just to type.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
A signifucant proportion of this thread is absolutely not predicated by poltical position (for a start "left" in US politics is barely left at all in may other countries) but is focusing on the objectively bizarre behaviours of the POTUS and his team. All opinions are subject to bias but do you honestly believe that the current actions of the POTUS in interviews and on Twitter (never mind anything else) are precedented or appropriate for the leader of a significant country?
Of course his behaviour is abhorrent, but how many people are actually defending Trump in this thread? Maybe two or three posters, who rarely post. There is no controversy that Trump is extremely unqualified. Yet still we are on page 352. 95% of this thread is laughing about Trump and name calling. Don't get me wrong I despise the man and he deserves that, but he is not a member of this forum. Most of the posts here are content-free virtue signalling. It is an echo-chamber of left-leaning people, who want to feel good about themselves by showing off how much they despise Trump.
When I posted a link to a very unbiased opinion study, two posters rejected it, because republican leaning people made it. The didn't point at the content and explained why it is wrong (probably because it is fairly neutral and not particularly controversal), but simply rejected it. How many people are actually qualified here to discuss policy issues like the health-care, social policy or economic policy? Not many, considering the last 350 pages.
Echo-chambers and the total lack of discussion between both sides were a big part of the problem in the last election, but nobody seems to be able to reflect, that his own side is making the same mistakes....

Canuckred64

Don't hold your breath... They never answer that question, brace for a dose of whataboutism....
I am not a they. I am just trying to keep an objective view til he actually does something, he is only been in office a week. As for his actions being precendented, no they are not. It was one of the things that got him elected. A lot of people have become fed up with career politicians who continue to do things the same way and wanted something different. Something about being careful what you wish for comes to mind here. They may feel different down the road but for now his supporters are happy with what they got.

Is a lot of what he says inappropriate? Yeah course it is. But I think he says a lot of things for effect and their shock value. It doesn't necessary result in actions. If you continue to take him literally, you guys are going to bust a gasket.

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
@bazalini your input is needed.

I would have thought 40billion for a wall that size is cheap

Lets be honest - ain't no wall happening and if it does it would take 16 years to build. For a Wall to be built he needs to compulsary purchase vast amounts of land banks. The legal challenge to this alone will take years.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I am not a they. I am just trying to keep an objective view til he actually does something, he is only been in office a week. As for his actions being precendented, no they are not. It was one of the things that got him elected. A lot of people have become fed up with career politicians who continue to do things the same way and wanted something different. Something about being careful what you wish for comes to mind here. They may feel different down the road but for now his supporters are happy with what they got.

Is a lot of what he says inappropriate? Yeah course it is. But I think he says a lot of things for effect and their shock value. It doesn't necessary result in actions. If you continue to take him literally, you guys are going to bust a gasket.
He has done things.

Things we were worried he'd do, due to the fact he said he'd do them.

Sigma

Looks like Jeff Daniels has changed his name

Also, you can pretty much tell he is lying by the rate of his blinking when asked how long it will take to get done.

Also 2.0 Chris Cuomo is a good journalist.

Last edited:

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

He's literally done most of the things he said he was going to do, and like you said he hasn't changed tack post election so why are you telling people not to take him seriously?

How are you differentiating your self from the 'they' I'm referencing by literally repeating the same argument 'they' make. Fed up people blah, he's all talk blah, don't take him too seriously blah, this place is an echo chamber blah...... Etc. Hardly standing apart are you? All you're missing are a few hit and run posts...
I am just trying to keep an objective view til he actually does something, he is only been in office a week.
But let's wait and see right? he's done nothing of note this week right?

It is what it is, call out the 'left leaning liberal caf' sure, and I'll call you and 'they' out. Unless of course you have more to add that diverges from the usual conversation points...

Last edited:

afrocentricity

I keep hearing how the major issue is that the 'forgotten man' is not being listened to. Well go on then, I'm all ears....

If the only thing I'm supposedly not hearing is 'please listen to me' is it any surprise that the dialog has not gone any further?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Seriously how can anyone still be saying "wait until he does something"?

Seriously, @Canuckred64 either pay attention to what's going on or just shut the feck up.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
I would have thought 40billion for a wall that size is cheap

Lets be honest - ain't no wall happening and if it does it would take 16 years to build. For a Wall to be built he needs to compulsary purchase vast amounts of land banks. The legal challenge to this alone will take years.
And that is just fighting the people whose land he is trying to grab up. Then you throw in all the environmental battles (even if he guts the EPA, there are plenty of other watch dog groups who can bring lawsuits) and it could be decades before construction can even start.

Fingeredmouse

Of course his behaviour is abhorrent, but how many people are actually defending Trump in this thread? Maybe two or three posters, who rarely post. There is no controversy that Trump is extremely unqualified. Yet still we are on page 352. 95% of this thread is laughing about Trump and name calling. Don't get me wrong I despise the man and he deserves that, but he is not a member of this forum. Most of the posts here are content-free virtue signalling. It is an echo-chamber of left-leaning people, who want to feel good about themselves by showing off how much they despise Trump.
When I posted a link to a very unbiased opinion study, two posters rejected it, because republican leaning people made it. The didn't point at the content and explained why it is wrong (probably because it is fairly neutral and not particularly controversal), but simply rejected it. How many people are actually qualified here to discuss policy issues like the health-care, social policy or economic policy? Not many, considering the last 350 pages.
Echo-chambers and the total lack of discussion between both sides were a big part of the problem in the last election, but nobody seems to be able to reflect, that his own side is making the same mistakes....
Would that an actual political debate might break out rather than being distracted by the bizarre behaviour of Trump! It feels like a distraction technique.

It is hard for the debate to occur in these circumstances, especially when the political classes no longer appear to consider facts relevant.

It is undoubtedly true that few people posting here are suitably qualified in the diverse area of fields you describe (although some are in some areas). This is to be expected on a football forum. I would expect more from a government.

I think, that if you persist and ignore those who merely bait you, that you probably can have a debate, even in this left wing echo chamber. It is worth noting, however, that there's a hell of a lot more room to the left of Trump's govt. than to the right.

Silva

I am just trying to keep an objective view til he actually does something
How about him green lighting the Keystone and Dakota access pipelines? How about the proposals to shut down the financial protection bureau? How about him firing every Obama appointed ambassador before naming their replacements? What about his handling of the southern border and relationship with Mexico? His turning the press office into something Joseph Goebbels would be proud of? Are these not things? Is him withdrawing from TPP not one of the biggest geopolitical moves in recent history? The impending trade war with China? Done nothing? Good god man.

Fingeredmouse

How about him green lighting the Keystone and Dakota access pipelines? How about the proposals to shut down the financial protection bureau? How about him firing every Obama appointed ambassador before naming their replacements? What about his handling of the southern border and relationship with Mexico? His turning the press office into something Joseph Goebbels would be proud of? Are these not things? Is him withdrawing from TPP not one of the biggest geopolitical moves in recent history? The impending trade war with China? Done nothing? Good god man.
Add having openly far right neo nazi advisors and implementing national and international policy on religious grounds.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yes, but he's not got going yet.

Sigma

+ to that appointing an Education Secretary who wants to privatise education, An Energy Secretary who wants to remove the position, A Secretary of State who has no experience carrying out diplomacy and the plethora of Goldman Sachs appointees - certainly not draining the swamp.

He also appointed Ben Carson who previously said that he didn't want a cabinet job because he wasn't cut out for the job even though he ran for President.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
And that is just fighting the people whose land he is trying to grab up. Then you throw in all the environmental battles (even if he guts the EPA, there are plenty of other watch dog groups who can bring lawsuits) and it could be decades before construction can even start.
I will be enraged if they don't leave little holes in the wall for hedgehogs and things to get through.
Why is it always the animals that have to suffer?

Silva

I will be enraged if they don't leave little holes in the wall for hedgehogs and things to get through.
Why is it always the animals that have to suffer?
If the fence is anything to go by you best get your rage on now brother. It's going to be an environmental disaster, especially if they build on stretches of the border that people don't and can't use anyway.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
On the plus side a wall will be a great boost to local economies, building and profiting from tunnels and that.
If the Israelis can't stop them in Gaza I can't see Chief Wiggum with a 100% success rate.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Feck me, maybe this is why Bannon is so happy to cosy up to Trump? He know's he's an imbecile and a moronic feckwit, so he's happy to go along with him because he will help with his ultimate goal.

:nervous:

Silva

On the plus side a wall will be a great boost to local economies, building and profiting from tunnels and that.
If the Israelis can't stop them in Gaza I can't see Chief Wiggum with a 100% success rate.
It's actually more likely to cost local authorities when they try to enforce eminent domain, there's also stretches that will leave houses and business on the wrong side of the wall, so to speak.

Silva

Feck me, maybe this is why Bannon is so happy to cosy up to Trump? He know's he's an imbecile and a moronic feckwit, so he's happy to go along with him because he will help with his ultimate goal.

Where Bannon says establishment, read jews. He effectively wants to get rid of anyone who isn't a white christian.

afrocentricity

It's getting really silly, meanwhile there's a proportion of the populous that thinks it's all being exaggerated or taken out of context.

People wanna cry fake news when it suits, but then you have randoms on TV embarrassing themselves, lying through their teeth but being taken seriously by the President of all people...

langster

Scout
Where Bannon says establishment, read jews. He effectively wants to get rid of anyone who isn't a white christian.
Yeah, I've known that for a while now, but it's the fact he want's the whole thing to come crashing down. I thought he just wanted some kind of Neo-Nazi fascist fantasy, I didn't realise he wanted to actually press the reset button.

Silva

Yeah, I've known that for a while now, but it's the fact he want's the whole thing to come crashing down. I thought he just wanted some kind of Neo-Nazi fascist fantasy, I didn't realise he wanted to actually press the reset button.
That is the white supremacist fantasy. Bring it all crashing down, turn whites on everyone else and commit genocide. There's no peaceful route for fascism.

MTF

Do we know when/where the quote is from?

Also, did I say earlier today that Bannon is an enemy of the Republic?

jackofalltrades

Tea and crumpet in the White House then ? Tea for Theresa and crump
Hadrian's wall is quite an attraction over here, I've walked it from Wallsend to the Solway. How long would Trump's wall be? It could be a nice challenge.
For the right price we could throw in Offa's Dyke.

langster

Scout
That is the white supremacist fantasy. Bring it all crashing down, turn whites on everyone else and commit genocide. There's no peaceful route for fascism.
But let's wait until he/they actually do something first, hey?

I didn't hear any mention from The Moron about the YUGE crowds that were there to greet him in Philly yesterday, the one that booed and jeered him and shouted "we don't like you, go home" to him. Really surprised he didn't Tweet about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.