The Unpopular Opinion thread. Post yours here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakeUnBake

So, Aguero eh? Great Arsenal player
Supports
Ajax
I think Memphis is going to have a breakout season next year, driving on the counter (which he knows how to do) if Mourinho does come.

I think Guardiola and City are going to have a horrible first season and finish in fifth place.

I think that had van Gaal gotten Hummels and Muller, we could have won the league.

LeftyBlaster

The problems we are experiencing with Mata are the exact same problems we experienced with Kagawa, but people are too blind/biased to see it and will say the latter was shit despite having far fewer opportunities. As long as we continue to not make any effort in improving the way we play in the final third we will never get the best of out these sorts of playmaker types.

Brophs

The One and Only
This is a worse thread than the other unpopular opinions thread

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
This is a worse thread than the other unpopular opinions thread
You're not doing it right, Brophs. This is very much a popular opinion. Now if it was an unpopular posters thread.....

Robbie Boy

LvG will be here next season end of. No matter what happens, he will stay. It will be horrendous but our board seem determined that he finishes his 3 years.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Rooney is one of our better players, people just want something new, so if he was a new signing performing the exact same people would make him out to be good. He has never been properly forgiven since the first transfer request and pretty hated since the 2nd on here.

Memphis is decent and will turn out a top player.

Pereira is not going to make it and isn't good enough.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think anyone who wants Memphis sold after one season is a complete moron.

Manny

Grammar Police
We'd be comfortably in top 4 and likely challenging for the title had Scholes, Rio and Neville not put pressure on the team to play the "United way" back in Oct/Nov. Our attack and overall play would have improved as the season went on too.

JmRssll555

Leicester are extremely unlikeable. Jamie Vardy is a little cretin and I hate the fact that he broke Ruud's Premier League scoring sequence record. I also would like to see them pipped at the post for the title (as long as it's not by Arsenal) and then get relegated next year, never to be heard of again.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I think anyone who wants Memphis sold after one season is a complete moron.
Normally i would agree. However, he has only really showed up against Brugge and Midtjylland.

I have rarely even seen flashes of brilliance from him in the PL. Also, i'm not liking his attitude on the pitch, he needs to be working harder defensively, especially when Things aren't working out for him attacking wise.

Rather see Martial on the left wing with either Young or Lingard as back-ups.

Devil may care

Too many of the power players behind the scenes at United care more about their personal agenda than the club.

Jesse Lingard will be a valuable member of the United squad for several seasons to come.

Our midfield is still far from good enough.

We have a bad habit of holding on to players too long past their best.

Pep's style will get exposed early on in his City run.

More Academy products will make it at United from the current batch than in any prior class since '92.

The media agenda from the "United way" brigade of ex players is the complete antithesis of the values they are supposed to be espousing.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Lingard is better than Januzaj and I'd have no complaints if he started next season in the first team.
Lingard is a great little asset. I don't understand the abuse there at all.

Januzaj is more talented. Or was more talented. He hasn't pushed on since his break out year, when he was already quite ineffective.

Wait am I meant to respond to these? Anyway. Go Lingard!

Mr Smith

Lingard is a great little asset. I don't understand the abuse there at all.

Januzaj is more talented. Or was more talented. He hasn't pushed on since his break out year, when he was already quite ineffective.

Wait am I meant to respond to these? Anyway. Go Lingard!
Agreed. Lingard is awesome. He can become another Park or Welbeck; great heart and great work ethic.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Rooney has not fulfiled his potential as a player
I just think he was overrated as a young player. He had a huge Euro and scored some screamers but lost the ball all the time, went ages without scoring and had short passing all over the place just like now.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Agreed. Lingard is awesome. He can become another Park or Welbeck; great heart and great work ethic.
That's the one for me. He's not similar in nature to park at all, but hopefully he can be similarly relied upon.

Homegrown players that give 7/10 week-in, weak-out; O'Shea, Fletcher, P. Neville, Brown, etc. If he can only become one of those, I'd be very happy.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Ronald Koeman could turn United around faster than Jose

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Rooney is one of our better players, people just want something new, so if he was a new signing performing the exact same people would make him out to be good. He has never been properly forgiven since the first transfer request and pretty hated since the 2nd on here.

Memphis is decent and will turn out a top player.

Pereira is not going to make it and isn't good enough.
This isn't an unpopular opinion. Thus is delusion (on rooney being the better player)

Orange

With Schweini, Schneiderlin, Rooney and Shaw injured, the outfield players in our first eleven aren't much better than Stoke's. We have a lot of potential, but a lot of our players are far from fully developed and perform inconsistently.

stevoc

Rooney still has a lot to offer as a first team player next year and then in a more selective role like Giggs in his later years once he hits 32-33.

He was shit before Xmas no doubt but he showed enough before his injury after the new year to confirm he's still a good player.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Schweinsteiger is comfortably our worst midfielder - excluding Fellaini of course, who is just in his own bracket.

Footyislife

Scholes can be our next Ferguson if given a chance. Blind and Mata need to be sold.

markorm

Ashley Young is one of the most underated players to have put on a United shirt.

The guy is a legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.