The Unpopular Opinion thread. Post yours here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Martial should be dropped - not permanently, just for a while till he sorts himself out. Rashford, Lingard, Mkh and Memphis are all knocking on that door and players need to learn that if they drop their performance levels there are other players waiting to take their place.
Although I disagree, I don't think that's unpopular. For me the reason he's not playing well is the key. If it's because of off-field issues, then yes drop him to sort himself out. If it's because of lack of rhythm, match fitness as he didn't have any preseason training then he needs to play. It could also be just teething issues like getting used to the new system and learning the new positions he has to pick up.

Adisa

Something changed in Fergie after that night in Rome in 2009
Agree. Went on about needing to catch Barca technically and quality wise. Went in the complete opposite direction.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Rashford is not good enough to be starting for us yet.

(No idea if this is unpopular or not)

RedPed

Whatabouter.
There's been a lot of talk recently about Smalling just walking back into the United side. I know he has a lot of fans but for me he is vastly over-rated and really is just an average one-dimensional defender. So glad we have Bailly.

Adisa

Rashford is not good enough to be starting for us yet.

(No idea if this is unpopular or not)
I agree in a way. Martial for me, is still a better wide forward and Ibra is still a better CF. I also think he will benefit more from coming on in games when defenses are already tired and stretched.

Mister_Stubbs

What Jose has done for Fellaini is much more impressive than what Pep has done for Sterling.

Adisa

What Jose has done for Fellaini is much more impressive than what Pep has done for Sterling.
I'm not so sure. Felaini has always insisted his best position is DM. Managers have simply refused to play him there.

sokol11

That Sissoko is a class footballer based on this years EURO showing. I couldn't believe how many people were fooled by few flash in the pan performances from him. I have a free dinner bet on him leaving for a top club in this transfer window so I'm really interested to see where he will end up.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
How can you laugh at that? Schweinsteiger and Darmian have been awful for us. Fellaini's best performances for us have completely outshone anything those two have ever done for us. Fellaini will also be at this club a lot longer than either of them, he's currently a mainstay in our team, that should tell you enough.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
How can you laugh at that? Schweinsteiger and Darmian have been awful for us. Fellaini's best performances for us have completely outshone anything those two have ever done for us. Fellaini will also be at this club a lot longer than either of them, he's currently a mainstay in our team, that should tell you enough.
Because it's Fellaini really

The 2015 crop of signings have failed big time and I'm only holding hope only for Morgan,but even he has been such a disappointment.

Panther

Because it's Fellaini really

The 2015 crop of signings have failed big time and I'm only holding hope only for Morgan,but even he has been such a disappointment.
I would say Martial has been decent.

Macern

Pee pee pants
That Sissoko is a class footballer based on this years EURO showing. I couldn't believe how many people were fooled by few flash in the pan performances from him. I have a free dinner bet on him leaving for a top club in this transfer window so I'm really interested to see where he will end up.
:confused: Did you see him for Newcastle last season? He's nothing special. And how can you base your opinion on him just from the EUROs? That's mental

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Paul Scholes is overrated on this forum. Great player but never really a key figure for us over a long stretch, and not comparable to the likes of Xavi and Pirlo.

nikineil

Don't know if its entirely unpopular, but I feel Mourinho will leave us in a terrible state of affairs three years down the road. Sure we might win a few trophies, but we would be worse from it in the long run. (Hope to be proven wrong though)

marlowe78

Januzaj should be tried as a striker

I like Fellaini

SAF tarnished his legacy with the Moyes appointment (nowhere near undoing his accomplishments, mind)

La Liga and Bundesliga are overrated

Deleted member 101472

This thread should be renamed " give us your best attempt at winding people up "

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Paul Scholes is overrated on this forum. Great player but never really a key figure for us over a long stretch, and not comparable to the likes of Xavi and Pirlo.
Wow, there's unpopular opinions and then there's this. Scholes not comparable to Pirlo, jeez, that's honestly one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen on this forum.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Don't know if its entirely unpopular, but I feel Mourinho will leave us in a terrible state of affairs three years down the road. Sure we might win a few trophies, but we would be worse from it in the long run. (Hope to be proven wrong though)
Based on what?

This is just one of those tired cliche's that gets thrown around regularly .

Both Chelsea and Real got to European finals after he had left. It disproves that theory entirely,although some then use it as another stick to beat him with. He can't win.

Based on what?

This is just one of those tired cliche's that gets thrown around regularly .

Both Chelsea and Real got to European finals after he had left. It disproves that theory entirely,although some then use it as another stick to beat him with. He can't win.
Not to mention Chelsea have a very strong squad this year, the season directly after he left.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Agree that he's overrated by some here and not really comparable with Xavi.

Pirlo though? Think that's a fair comparison. Not like Pirlo was in Xavi's league either.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Pep's style of football is more "Manchester United" than Mourinho's and the club would have preferred him generally.

Deleted member 101472

Pep's style of football is more "Manchester United" than Mourinho's and the club would have preferred him generally.
Yep , I long for the days when we used to play 2 or 3 at the back

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Something changed in Fergie after that night in Rome in 2009
I agree, I get shit for saying Fergie started showing Wenger symptoms in his last few years in charge. The RvP transfer if used to counter this but outside of that splurge (which should have been the norm) who did he bring in that was of similar or equal gravitas? Once Ronaldo and Tevez left and were not replaced it should have been a warning that things were different. Of course his talent as a manager and his ability to get his team to win masked all this but that 5-5 game, his last game, against WBA was another telling signal.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Do you mean Pep is more attacking than Jose? Not sure what you mean by more "Manchester United".
More in keeping with the way we'd like to portray ourselves as a club. Emphasis on attack, flair, pure football etc.

Which isn't to say we actually played like that all the time under SAF, we didn't. More that the club would sooner be associated with image the world has of Pep's football than the image it has of Mourinho's.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Fellaini is still not good enough and should be replaced - seeing as there are 5-10 new pages in his performance thread after every game filled with "I knew he'll come out good" posts, I would imagine that this opinion isn't very popular around here. I see the reasoning behind Jose's decision to keep him, but he still needs to go (in the next summer as he obviously won't be sold in this one)

Deleted member 101472

More in keeping with the way we'd like to portray ourselves as a club. Emphasis on attack, flair, pure football etc.

Which isn't to say we actually played like that all the time under SAF, we didn't. More that the club would sooner be associated with image the world has of Pep's football than the image it has of Mourinho's.
I think SAF had a good mix of both styles in him.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Fellaini is still not good enough and should be replaced - seeing as there are 5-10 new pages in his performance thread after every game filled with "I knew he'll come out good" posts, I would imagine that this opinion isn't very popular around here. I see the reasoning behind Jose's decision to keep him, but he still needs to go (in the next summer as he obviously won't be sold in this one)
Jose disagrees with you completely. Can see MF around for a few seasons yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.