The vaccines | vaxxed boosted unvaxxed? New poll

How's your immunity looking? Had covid - vote twice - vax status and then again for infection status

• Vaxxed but no booster

• Boostered

• Still waiting in queue for first vaccine dose

• Won't get vaxxed (unless I have to for travel/work etc)

• Past infection with covid + I've been vaccinated

• Past infection with covid - I've not been vaccinated

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I'm relatively young, not over weight and don't fall in any other of the high risk situations.

The booster just reads like a short term solution where they are just relying on the 4-8 weeks where you have a lot of active antibodies which after 12 weeks you are gonna be back in the same situation again (more then likely) so do we go number 4 after that.

I've been following the new variant as much as i can and i've been holding on to the less severe mild outcome since first reported can't 100% confirm this but all the data from the epicentre of the omicron is still holding up along these lines currently.

At some point you are gonna have to accept you are gonna get this as its here forever.

That's my thoughts anyway.
There is one important factor you are forgetting to factor in. possibly the most important. Thats the ability you have when taking a vaccine of helping protecting those at risk. Yes you can still catch it if vaccinated but the chance of catching it is reduced by a large amount.
I have family members who are high risk and vaccinated but 2 of them are so high risk that if they caught Delta it has a decent chance of killing them. people who take the vaccine and boosters help to lower the transmission rate which in turn helps reduce the possibility at risk people will catch it.
If you take the booster you can help protect others.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I'm relatively young, not over weight and don't fall in any other of the high risk situations.

The booster just reads like a short term solution where they are just relying on the 4-8 weeks where you have a lot of active antibodies which after 12 weeks you are gonna be back in the same situation again (more then likely) so do we go number 4 after that.

I've been following the new variant as much as i can and i've been holding on to the less severe mild outcome since first reported can't 100% confirm this but all the data from the epicentre of the omicron is still holding up along these lines currently.

At some point you are gonna have to accept you are gonna get this as its here forever.

That's my thoughts anyway.
The third shot hugely reduces your chances of getting it, of passing it onto others if you do and significantly reduce your own severity of disease. Basically itvis a no brainer with the pandemic not over yet. When things stabilise it might be OK to rely on T-cells but at the moment the greater the proportion of people with a high number of antibodies the better.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I got my booster this am. Pfizer after 2 x AZ. My PC had updated itself by the time I got home. Make of that what you will.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I got my booster this am. Pfizer after 2 x AZ. My PC had updated itself by the time I got home. Make of that what you will.
Any sign of being more magnetic?

I'm gonna get my booster but I'll prioritise it if it actually makes me magnetic.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It's a fair comment. We already have numerous vaccines that need three or more doses to get to full efficacy - it may simply be that covid is another one for that list. Equally it might be more like flu where (at least some) people need a booster every year, particularly if it mutates the way this has shown us it can. We don't know where we'll be in ten years - we know where we are right now - one year after the vaccine rollout started, 18 months or so after the trials began.

That said, we don't have longterm data on covid either. We know it can kill millions a few days after they catch it. We know that the ones who caught it last year and recovered have since then had more strokes, more heart problems and more incidents of renal failure than the (age matched) ones who didn't. It's not a great glimpse into the future of what catching covid unprepared can mean.
Very good post. The bold bit is what people should try and remember

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I have to say I’m a little undecided on the booster. Ive had covid, I’m double jabbed and pretty young and to be honest where do the boosters end? I do feel that after getting covid about 4 months ago, surely I can’t be at massive risk again.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I have to say I’m a little undecided on the booster. Ive had covid, I’m double jabbed and pretty young and to be honest where do the boosters end? I do feel that after getting covid about 4 months ago, surely I can’t be at massive risk again.
I've had Covid (2 months ago) despite being double vaxxed and am in one of the younger age groups/fit but leapt at the opportunity to get the booster, why?

Because my first two jabs were AZ, all the science is saying reinfection is massively minimalized by it, and I honestly have no desire to self-isolate/jeopardize another Xmas unnecessarily.

I have absolutely no concern with the vaccine itself and trust the science behind it, so why would I not give myself the best opportunity to fight off the virus/new variant which is known to cause reinfection?

Plus, I want to be able to travel as freely as possible when I can, which a boosted vaccine passport is likely to most allow.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It seems people (going by this thread) are reaching the end of their patience.
Just a couple of things to say;

1. this thing is unprecedented. It’s worth remembering that when moaning that vaccines only lasted for 6 months. No one knew how long vaccines would last before waning. However without them there would be a lot more dead or with long term illnesses born out of covid. Without vaccines we’d not have some sort of semblance of life back. We have a lot to thank vaccines for

2. and this one’s a quick sharp point. Morgues have been full of fit people who thought their immune system could handle it. Game over fir them

saivet

An additional question for you all - at what point will you stop getting the vaccine?

a) I never started
b) I stopped after first dose
c) I stopped after second dose
d) I will stop after third dose
e) I will stop eventually
f) I will never stop
Probably e) for me, with that time being once things have settled down. I don't intend on taking the vaccine annually, similar to the flu jab, unless I'm vulnerable/old or I spend a significant amount of time around vulnerable or old folks which I don't at the moment.

Conor

What is the point of risking it, for the sake of spending 30 mins getting it, and at the very worst feeling rough for a day after? I really don't get this line of thinking.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
What is the point of risking it, for the sake of spending 30 mins getting it, and at the very worst feeling rough for a day after? I really don't get this line of thinking.
I just felt pretty rough after my last vaccine and not sure I’m quite ready for that again. I will probably get it at some stage but won’t rush to do it this side of new year

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Told to isolate (again) due to working with someone with Covid symptoms yesterday.

4th PCR test in a year here we come.Whooo :rolleyes:

Lj82

Moderna booster yesterday after 2 AZ in the summer. Had a crap nights sleep, am knackered today, and have a sore arm. Feel bloody invincible though (I know I'm not)
I had moderna for my first two shots and they floored me, especially the second shot. So I was quite apprehensive when I went for my booster shot. I took Pfizer this time though and I had next to 0 reactions.

Acole9

Outstanding
The website is fecking shit. Got through to having appointment pretty much booked and then it crashes.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This morning I put myself on a list for the booster and the pharmacist managed to get me a slot this afternoon.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
An additional question for you all - at what point will you stop getting the vaccine?

a) I never started
b) I stopped after first dose
c) I stopped after second dose
d) I will stop after third dose
e) I will stop eventually
f) I will never stop
Will likely just turn into something like the flu shot you get every year. No harm in it.

Acole9

Outstanding
Got one for this Friday. Fair distance from where I live but oh well.

Heardy

The website is fecking shit. Got through to having appointment pretty much booked and then it crashes.
Took me over two hours this morning! Got stuck in what appeared to be a never ending loop of “bad gateways” or being diverted back to “do you know your nhs number” to restart the process.

I managed to get on and book from my laptop as just got nowhere trying to do it on my phone.

Hope you manage to get it sorted!

Edit - scrap that, I see you’ve managed to get one!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
No there's no requirement nor do you get any preference in getting it.

Both annoying really
I find that interesting because in some cases you don't have any choice and will have to get into peoples's bubble which I assume means that it would be best for everyone involved if at least law enforcement were vaccinated.

TheReligion

Abusive
I find that interesting because in some cases you don't have any choice and will have to get into peoples's bubble which I assume means that it would be best for everyone involved if at least law enforcement were vaccinated.
Yeah agreed.

It should be both mandatory and given preference as part of the roll out.

NHS staff and the emergency services should be given priority in getting boosters.

stepic

got my booster today. was in and out in 20 minutes, and only because they made me wait 15 minutes afterwards. got Moderna this time round, after initial two were AZ.

SoCross

So I live in South Asia where the predominant vaccine is sinopharm (Chinese diplomacy/influence). My sister needs to travel to Germany for work next month and she’s been asked to take not just one but two doses of Pfizer by the German embassy.

Repeat; that’s two doses of sinopharm and two doses of Pfizer within the span of 7 months.

TheReligion

Abusive
I'm astonished you don't! That's crazy.
Yeah I know. There was a paramedic on the news who has been given an appointment on Christmas Eve!

Ridiculous but it's been that way since it came in. To be honest in the UK it's not been overly difficult to get one but there's been zero prioritisation, especially with the booster now.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
So I live in South Asia where the predominant vaccine is sinopharm (Chinese diplomacy/influence). My sister needs to travel to Germany for work next month and she’s been asked to take not just one but two doses of Pfizer by the German embassy.

Repeat; that’s two doses of sinopharm and two doses of Pfizer within the span of 7 months.
That's because sinopharm has not been authorized in the EU. So according to German law her status is probably the same as an unvaccinated person.

https://www.pei.de/EN/newsroom/doss...044E6132D51C0DF9B0A703E.intranet212?cms_pos=3