The Walking Dead Game

Solius

(• ___ •)
Staff
Anyone played it? You can download it for PS3 or Xbox. Adventure game based on TWD comics. Involves making decisions and stuff and the game changes depending on the choices you make. I played the first one a few months ago and have just finished the next two episodes, really enjoying it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_(2012_video_game)

Yep. I made a few posts about it in the general game/demo impressions thread.

I think it's fantastic. It's got more edge than the tv series that's for sure.

The second episode in particular was all kinds of fecked up. :lol:

I've done episode 3, and I don't know if it was just me but it seemed like it was the longest so far.

Also I didn't expect it to go so insane, what happened in other peoples games?

I told everyone about my past, and told Katja what Kenny did in the freezer. Lilly shot Carly and I left her off the RV to be zombie bait. I shot Duck, but before that Katja topped herself. I saved Omid at the end, ungrateful bastard though he was about it.

After all that, all that's left from the original crew are Me, Clem and Kenny.

I also don't trust Chuck, he said a few things that made me think he's a paedo. Something to watch out for.

I've only played the first one and thought it was a bit meh. Are you guys saying part 2 is worth getting then?

I've done episode 3, and I don't know if it was just me but it seemed like it was the longest so far.

Also I didn't expect it to go so insane, what happened in other peoples games?

I told everyone about my past, and told Katja what Kenny did in the freezer. Lilly shot Carly and I left her off the RV to be zombie bait. I shot Duck, but before that Katja topped herself. I saved Omid at the end, ungrateful bastard though he was about it.

After all that, all that's left from the original crew are Me, Clem and Kenny.

I also don't trust Chuck, he said a few things that made me think he's a paedo. Something to watch out for.

I've basically gone down the route of getting shit done.

In Episode two, I tried the chain once and when that didn't work I hacked the guys leg off. At the farm I held back Lilly and let Kenny smash Larry's head in. Then I killed the first brother but didn't kill the second because Clem looked at me and she's the only thing keeping me from going badass evil :lol: I took the food from the car at the end too, we needed that shit.

Episode 3, I shot the girl in the street but immediately regretted it. Then I told everyone about my past. Lilly shot Carley but I took her with me purely because I thought if we ended up getting attacked she'd be useful. I was hoping to kill her further down the line but she stole the RV and drove off.

I fought Kenny on the train, because I thought it would get the message through to him better since he's all rednecky. I shot Duck, because I remembered what an annoying knob he was in the first episode.

I saved the girl first on the train because Omid was already wounded and would just slow us down. Was just a reaction decision but I was going on survival and not compassion.

I've basically gone down the route of getting shit done.

In Episode two, I tried the chain once and when that didn't work I hacked the guys leg off. At the farm I held back Lilly and let Kenny smash Larry's head in. Then I killed the first brother but didn't kill the second because Clem looked at me and she's the only thing keeping me from going badass evil :lol: I took the food from the car at the end too, we needed that shit.

Episode 3, I shot the girl in the street but immediately regretted it. Then I told everyone about my past. Lilly shot Carley but I took her with me purely because I thought if we ended up getting attacked she'd be useful. I was hoping to kill her further down the line but she stole the RV and drove off.

I fought Kenny on the train, because I thought it would get the message through to him better since he's all rednecky. I shot Duck, because I remembered what an annoying knob he was in the first episode.

I saved the girl first on the train because Omid was already wounded and would just slow us down. Was just a reaction decision but I was going on survival and not compassion.

So in yours did

Omid die? I saved him and his missus just jumped onboard straight after.

I chopped the guys leg off, and did the exact same thing as you with the brothers. Killed the first and then saw how pissed Clem was and decided against killing the other, although I did punch him in the face until my fists were sore.

And yeah Vato, it's worth picking up.

So in yours did

Omid die? I saved him and his missus just jumped onboard straight after.

I chopped the guys leg off, and did the exact same thing as you with the brothers. Killed the first and then saw how pissed Clem was and decided against killing the other, although I did punch him in the face until my fists were sore.

And yeah Vato, it's worth picking up.

No he managed to jump on to the train too which I thought was a bit odd :lol: Maybe it affects you later depending on who you chose to save first.

Much prefering the game to the show. The game has elements of Heavy Rain about it. The show has elements of Coronation Street about it.

Season two was pretty boring.

I just hope that season three gets more interesting but if it's anything like in the comics, judging by the last scene of season two where they showed the prison this season could get really interesting.

Still have to try the game though.

Just pre-ordered xcom so I probably won't get time to play any Walking Dead episode this weekend.

Trying to find Episode 4 but it's just not there?

Just finished episode 4. Just looking at the Who came with you bit at the end. I got everyone to come with me. Didn't let Ben die either even though he's a useless shit. Surprising that 18% of players only got Kenny to come with them.

I got bored half way through the first, and gave up by the start of the second.

Tell me, since this is a bit of a non-game (i.e you don't actually do much), does it get better or am I better off watching the tv show/reading the comics and getting a feel for the world, before coming back and trying to enjoy it?

Because although it's well done, I really am not getting much enjoyment from the actual 'game' and I really want to.

Finished episode 4 today and I admit being a bit naughty and going back to re-do the ending.

Initially I'd let Ben drop as I thought that it would lead to someone else copping it. Plus he'd made so many feck ups over the last 2 episodes I thought this was his redemption moment.

Then after Kenny said he wouldn't help me and I saw that ending screen saying that only the couple were coming to help me find Clem, I went back saved Ben and told Kenny to go feck himself.

Great game. Looking forward to the finale.

Pfft. I got all of them to come with me, on my only try. :cool:

I could've got all of them to come with me in my first and only try, but that would mean not telling Kenny to go feck himself.

Kenny objected to me taking Ben along but I basically told him to deal with it.

You'll all regret it when Ben finally redeems himself. I hope.

I have utmost confidence that Ben will feck things up yet again, for that is what he can always be relied upon to do. Nevertheless it would have been cruel to just let him die.

Whoever did that was probably just compensating for leaving all that food at the end of episode 2.

I like how the zombies kindly waited for Ben to mention he took the axe before bursting in the already open door.