The Walking Dead Game

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
The 1st episode is a bit tame but it really picks up from Part 2 so stick with it.

Oh and don't read any of the posts on the last page. Spoiler City.

Hitchcocker

feck, I just completed Episode 4 electing to go find Clementine alone. Hope I won't regret it. :(

vanthaman

Winner
feck, I just completed Episode 4 electing to go find Clementine alone. Hope I won't regret it. :(
I've got Kenny, omid, his friend and Molly I think

I let Ben die, feck him, I think he was a nasty bastard making excuses. I was swayed by him leaving Clementine to die tbh.

Chuck dying was sad, I really liked him.
I did the same, Ben was clearly a liability and needed to die

Hitchcocker

I've got Kenny, omid, his friend and Molly I think

I did the same, Ben was clearly a liability and needed to die
I wanted as much help as I could get but knowing that I have turned, I thought it'd be best if I did it alone. I'm regretting that decision already.

And I wanted to kill Ben for his incompetence...and had already decided to abandon him in the school but I just couldn't let him go. :(

vanthaman

Winner
I wanted as much help as I could get but knowing that I have turned, I thought it'd be best if I did it alone. I'm regretting that decision already.

And I wanted to kill Ben for his incompetence...and had already decided to abandon him in the school but I just couldn't let him go. :(
Completely forgot about the bite and I only played it Saturday

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports

Hitchcocker

Not sure about you guys about why you saved who you saved, but in every instance between saving a man and a woman, I'll always choose saving a woman because if I were the last man on Earth, I'd want a woman beside me.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Well
I saved Doug in the first part because Carly had a gun and looked like she could save herself.
Didn't turn out that way though.

Any way, final part is out next Tuesday...

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Either of those die anyway which is a bit annoying.

Hitchcocker

Just completed the game. fecking amazing finale although I am a little disappointed at the lack of repercussions my choices had.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just started it now.

I cut my arm off like a badass. Hope it was the right choice

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just finished it.

So yeah, I cut my arm off. Ben died jumping across the alleyway, Kenny died down there stupidly. He stays in the alleyway and dies and all he does it shoot Ben in the head so he dies quicker. He had time to do that and get back safe to where I was. I asked Omid and Christa to look after Clem. Got split up with them when I crossed the sign. Made it to the hotel and lied about having no weapons. Clem distracted him and I attacked with my hidden cleaver, we struggled and Clem shot him. After passing out in the street she dragged me into a building where I pretty much died. Got her to handcuff me to a radiator but I couldn't let her shoot me. That felt way too harsh.

Ended with her in a field as I told her to meet Omid and Christa by the train. Two people are walking in the distance on a hill and then they stop and look over. END.

Wonder how everyone elses went depending on who went with them and stuff.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This game is awesome by the way. Great story and really well done. Can't wait for the next one.

Kaos

Is this worth £10? All 5 games are on sale on Steam now and I'm considering pulling the trigger.

Kaos

Alrighty, bought.

If this is shit I'll considering writing an angrily-worded letter of complaint to the Admin team.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Just finished it.

So yeah, I cut my arm off. Ben died jumping across the alleyway, Kenny died down there stupidly. He stays in the alleyway and dies and all he does it shoot Ben in the head so he dies quicker. He had time to do that and get back safe to where I was. I asked Omid and Christa to look after Clem. Got split up with them when I crossed the sign. Made it to the hotel and lied about having no weapons. Clem distracted him and I attacked with my hidden cleaver, we struggled and Clem shot him. After passing out in the street she dragged me into a building where I pretty much died. Got her to handcuff me to a radiator but I couldn't let her shoot me. That felt way too harsh.

Ended with her in a field as I told her to meet Omid and Christa by the train. Two people are walking in the distance on a hill and then they stop and look over. END.

Wonder how everyone elses went depending on who went with them and stuff.
Exactly the same up until the
hotel. I'd also lied to him but Clem came out, grabbed a bottle I looked at and smashed him over the head. I then jumped out my seat, scuffled with him, choked him to death with my one good hand and shot him afterwards to be sure he didn't turn.

I also got her to cuff me to the radiator but did get her to shoot me because I was paranoid about biting her.

Then at the end, she's in a field sitting on a tree stump, putting bullets into the gun when she sees the 2 figures which I assume are Omid and Crista. She just looks at them and then it ends. :confused:

I wonder if it's because I'd said I wanted Omid and Crista to look after her but then changed my mind after the way they reacted to that couple. Or maybe it was more to do with getting her to shoot me? I did tell her to look out for them.

Either way, I've given her a fighting chance.
Great game.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Oh also I reckon they left
the Kenny thing pretty ambigous so they could potentially bring him back in a future game.

Think it's already been confirmed that there will be another with a new bunch of characters.

Great achievement though. Cared far more about the characters in this than any on the tv show.

Although if I have one criticism it was that they teased
some kind of redemption for Ben but he just dies like a bit of a useless tit.

Kinky Melinky

Right so, I'm convinced. Someone give me a link so I can start from the beginning on this one please.

Do I need to download Steam again? It was slowing my computer from booting up and so I wiped it. I'm not a fan of Steam

Kaos

Right so, I'm convinced. Someone give me a link so I can start from the beginning on this one please.

Do I need to download Steam again? It was slowing my computer from booting up and so I wiped it. I'm not a fan of Steam
Yes.

There's an option to prevent Steam starting whenever you boot up your PC.

Moonwalker

Just finished it.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game, but what you just described is exactly the same as my own playthrough. The importance of choice in this game is more apparent than real. It creates a powerful illusion that your choices matter, but in the end everyone gets to experience the same thing, cosmetic differences notwithstanding.
I realised this when I started a second playthrough in which my decisions were exactly opposite to the ones I made in the first. It just didn't matter, it all amounts to the same thing. As long as you're safe from this knowledge you can enjoy the game thinking you're special though.
There's just one thing that still intrigues me, but nowhere near enough to replay the whole game to find out.
What sort of speech does the kidnapper guy come up with if you didn't(unlike me) steal the food at the end of episode 2? Because he was trying desperately to make me feel guilty about that choice, and I just don't give a feck about it. In fact, scratch that, It's not that I don't give a feck, I actually feel very strongly about that decision, and feel no remorse over it whatsoever.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I thoroughly enjoyed the game, but what you just described is exactly the same as my own playthrough. The importance of choice in this game is more apparent than real. It creates a powerful illusion that your choices matter, but in the end everyone gets to experience the same thing, cosmetic differences notwithstanding.
I realised this when I started a second playthrough in which my decisions were exactly opposite to the ones I made in the first. It just didn't matter, it all amounts to the same thing. As long as you're safe from this knowledge you can enjoy the game thinking you're special though.
There's just one thing that still intrigues me, but nowhere near enough to replay the whole game to find out.
What sort of speech does the kidnapper guy come up with if you didn't(unlike me) steal the food at the end of episode 2? Because he was trying desperately to make me feel guilty about that choice, and I just don't give a feck about it. In fact, scratch that, It's not that I don't give a feck, I actually feel very strongly about that decision, and feel no remorse over it whatsoever.
Well (this spoilering is becoming ridiculous) ....

I didn't steal the food but it didn't stop him banging on about it. He also had a go at me for letting Clem eat human flesh and killing people. That whole scene was a bit forced actually. It was like the producers decided that should be this big exposition scene where you got confronted with all the decisions you made and like you said, it didn't seem to matter whether you'd stolen the food or not.

So yeah, there's definitely an illusion of choice to some extent. Which is a shame but I guess it'd be a nightmare from a programming point of view to set up all possible outcomes from every player choice.

Will be interesting to read the final part of those Giantbomb articles I posted above and see what they say.

Moonwalker

Well (this spoilering is becoming ridiculous) ....

I didn't steal the food but it didn't stop him banging on about it. He also had a go at me for letting Clem eat human flesh and killing people. That whole scene was a bit forced actually. It was like the producers decided that should be this big exposition scene where you got confronted with all the decisions you made and like you said, it didn't seem to matter whether you'd stolen the food or not.

So yeah, there's definitely an illusion of choice to some extent. Which is a shame but I guess it'd be a nightmare from a programming point of view to set up all possible outcomes from every player choice.

Will be interesting to read the final part of those Giantbomb articles I posted above and see what they say.
Aye, it's a nightmare with all the branching, no doubt. I can't blame them for taking that route. It's still a great game.

vanthaman

Winner
Thought that episode seemed a lot shorter than the others.

Mine went like this

started with me showing them my bite, not that I had a choice, I didn't let them cut my arm off, Kenny died jumping into the dark building to help Christa, i lost christa and omid at the sign, told them to meet at train. clem hit the bloke over the head with the bottle, then i wrestled him and clem shot him, I told her to cuff me to the radiator and told her to save the bullet and to go find omit and Christa , I died just before she left. In the field clem picked up some shotgun shells then looked at the hill where two people were walking

One of the games of the year for me, can't wait for the next series, re the other telltale games as good? I've played demo of BTTF and monkey island, love the old monkey island games so might get that

redspoony

Just finished this. A fantastic game, although not without its flaws.

Like some people have said, I cared far more about the characters in this than the series, and that's some achievement for a game.

With Clem seeing those people on the hill, might that set up the next game?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Very good game. Just finished episode 1. I like the decisions, the way it's tied into the TV's storyline and the characters. Was moved at one or two points and found the choice genuinely difficult to make.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
Finished it, bloody brilliant finale. They do a great job of making you really care about the characters, gotta give a lot of credit to the voiceactors.

Gonna have to play through the whole thing again, saving different people and making different choices to see what happens. Although I'm almost certain the very end won't be too different.

Also looks like there might be a "season 2" of it, I really hope so.