The Walking Dead Game

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Just finished it. The whole game was brilliant but Episode 5 was amazing, it actually started to be a little humorous for the first time since around episode 1 or 2. From around chapter 4 onwards though, damn. :(

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Anybody downloaded the DLC yet?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
For anyone who hasn't played this, I strongly recommend it. Just played through all 5 and feck me what a rollercoaster. The ending :(
Is it fun though having such little room to maneouver? I played a bit on my ipad and it was all click this and click that.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Is it fun though having such little room to maneouver? I played a bit on my ipad and it was all click this and click that.
It's not meant to be fun, the whole game is based around the development of the story and your actions through the game which will change outcomes of characters and episodes.

Kinky Melinky

Didn't they say that those who bought the first bundle get the other episodes free of charge when released? Or maybe I'm totally off on that one. I bought mine via Steam

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wishful thinking Kinks... hope all is well mate, long time no speak

Sent using Tapatalk

Bebe

Finished the first season last night. Wow. Phenomenal example of game storytelling, and about a million times better than the TV show.

That end was devastating. Anyways I saved Duck instead of the farmer's son, stopped Clementine from eating the meat, saved Doug (he made funny jokes at times), helped kill Larry, shot Duck, didn't take anything from the abandoned car, pulled Ben back up (the useless feck), and had Clementine shoot me. I think that's most of the major decisions..

Anybody notice how when Molly lends you her tool thing in the garage she says "I've got your promise, not a scratch", which is the exact same line Han Solo says to Lando when he takes the Millennium Falcon? Don't know if it was intentional or not, but I laughed.

nimic

something nice
Scout
First episode of the second season was very good. Last time around I bought it after they were all out, so it's going to suck having to wait for every new episode.

Playing as Clementine actually works out pretty good so far. It's just a different way of playing than Lee (you're not going to make all the decisions or kill all the zombies).

Bebe

First episode of the second season was very good. Last time around I bought it after they were all out, so it's going to suck having to wait for every new episode.
I really want to force myself to wait for them all to come out. Do we have any sort of release calendar for when they'll have released the full second season?

nimic

something nice
Scout
No, but they are also doing The Wolf Among us (one episode out), and also Game of Thrones and Borderlands. Hopefully it still shouldn't hurt the development speed too much.

Edit: Wikipedia says bi-monthly. But episode 1 of The Wolf Among Us came out two months ago and episode two is "Q1 2014".

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It's an enjoyable first episode. It shits all over the tv show, the new characters seem interesting and there's a nice reference to Sam n Max.

Iron Stove

Really good still, amazing even. I just hate these episodic releases. Gonna have to replay the Wolf Among Us ep 1, after waiting 3-4 months. It's ridiculous. They should be calling the episodes seasons with these kind of delays.

Bebe

If they come out every couple of months then I'll just wait until the they're all out. I don't think I'd have enjoyed the first season as much if I played it piece by piece.

afrocentricity

If they come out every couple of months then I'll just wait until the they're all out. I don't think I'd have enjoyed the first season as much if I played it piece by piece.
My sentiments too... how long is an episode? around an hour?

Kinky Melinky

Nice one! Hadn't realized this was out. Just bought it now on Stream and will give it a go tonight. Really enjoyed the first one. Some serious atmosphere

Kinky Melinky

I wasn't aware you had to wait for each episode. I guess that's because I bought the first season when all the episodes had been released.

How long does it take for the next episode to come out? Anybody know?

Kinky Melinky

No, but they are also doing The Wolf Among us (one episode out), and also Game of Thrones and Borderlands. Hopefully it still shouldn't hurt the development speed too much.

Edit: Wikipedia says bi-monthly. But episode 1 of The Wolf Among Us came out two months ago and episode two is "Q1 2014".

What are they like as games? Are they similar to Walking Dead?

nimic

something nice
Scout
What are they like as games? Are they similar to Walking Dead?

Game of Thrones isn't out yet, I think they just started working on it. The Wolf Among Us is pretty good. I am not at all familiar with the comic books, but I like the game. It's very much in the style of their The Walking Dead games.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I'm playing first season right now on a Vita, it's not much of a game but I've loved it so far.

afrocentricity

Result.

I've started S02E01 but I want to know, without giving any spoilers away, should I go and do 400 Days first?

thepolice123

Didn't realise S2 was out already. Felt kind of elated to see Clementine staying in the game. I think I'll wait until the all the episodes are out before I start marathoning it.

Bebe

Bought the Season on Steam (25% off right now) and then couldn't resist playing the first episode.

Stupid dog bro...we could have been the best of friends [/spoilers]

MoneyMay

Currently on Season One: Episode 3. Anyone found this episode boring? I've not enjoyed it one bit (not as much action as the previous two episodes).

Going to download Season Two. How good is it (for those who have played it)?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Won't say much about it since you haven't finished Season 1 but I thought the opening episode of Season 2 was great.

Bebe

Currently on Season One: Episode 3. Anyone found this episode boring? I've not enjoyed it one bit (not as much action as the previous two episodes).

Going to download Season Two. How good is it (for those who have played it)?
That's the one with the train, right? It's definitely the slowest, sort of a classic middle episode. Don't worry though, it's setting the stage for a fantastic last two episodes.

First episode of season two was really good.

afrocentricity

I thought Ep 3 was a bit fcuked up... in fact from Ep 2 onwards it got more and more fcuked up...

MoneyMay

That's the one with the train, right? It's definitely the slowest, sort of a classic middle episode. Don't worry though, it's setting the stage for a fantastic last two episodes.

First episode of season two was really good.
Makes sense when you put it that way.

Thanks.