Television The Walking Dead

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Is anyone still watching this or am I on my own?

For what it's worth, the 11th season so far has been miles better than the shite they've delivered for years. No filler, and the new characters are actually interesting instead of "me evil, look at my evil ways". It actually feels like every episode has a purpose instead of just being one big slog that's dragging things out before reaching a big disappointing fake battle because this season there's plenty of variety. It helps that the dialogue isn't entirely awful this year, and characters are back to acting human again instead of all being tanks. It also helps that Rosita and Princess are :drool:

Still catching up but got to the episode in the house filled with rabid freaks hiding in the walls. Felt like classic Walking Dead suspense at times.

Last edited:

Nialler

Alex's Dad

For what it's worth, the 11th season so far has been miles better than the shite they've delivered for years. No filler, and the new characters are actually interesting instead of "me evil, look at my evil ways". It actually feels like every episode has a purpose instead of just being one big slog dragging things out. It also helps that Rosita and Princess are :drool:

Still catching up but got to the episode in the house filled with rabid freaks hiding in the walls. Felt like classic Walking Dead suspense at times.
I'm still watching it and also agree that the current season is a big improvement. I continue watching because I'm curious as to how it will all end.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'm still watching it and also agree that the current season is a big improvement. I continue watching because I'm curious as to how it will all end.
Yay! Another one! I'm the same; couldn't stop watching because I've invested too much in it already and want to see how it all ends.

It sucks that Angela Kang didn't take over the show sooner because the viewing numbers don't do the current quality any justice.

Sylar

For what it's worth, the 11th season so far has been miles better than the shite they've delivered for years. No filler, and the new characters are actually interesting instead of "me evil, look at my evil ways". It actually feels like every episode has a purpose instead of just being one big slog that's dragging things out before reaching a big disappointing fake battle because this season there's plenty of variety. It helps that the dialogue isn't entirely awful this year, and characters are back to acting human again instead of all being tanks. It also helps that Rosita and Princess are :drool:

I got upto date with the final season left
May binge that close to when the finale will be whenever that is

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I got upto date with the final season left
May binge that close to when the finale will be whenever that is
Those weird tagged on episodes stuck between 10 and 11 kind of annoyed me with how little they seemed to move the plot forward - what did you think?

I was expecting the quality to be as poor in season 11 and was pleasantly surprised.

Sylar

Those weird tagged on episodes stuck between 10 and 11 kind of annoyed me with how little they seemed to move the plot forward - what did you think?

I was expecting the quality to be as poor in season 11 and was pleasantly surprised.
Im assuming this was due to covid and just there for the sake of it or it held up?
I didn't mind last season for the most part

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Stopped watching this after Neegan became the good guy and Maggie came back, didn't even know there was another season.

AaronRedDevil

I forgot it was out. Is it weekly or are all the episodes of Part 2 out?

padr81

Supports
Man City
I keep meaning to get back into this but I kinda zoned out when the last episode of season 10 got delayed forever and they announced 6 filler episodes, glad to hear its better. Looking forward to how they'll pull off the ending after the butterfly effect and potential movie set up.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Stopped watching this after Neegan became the good guy and Maggie came back, didn't even know there was another season.
Their interactions this season have been done really well in my opinion. Both of the actors are doing some decent work with it.

Andy_Cole

Last time I watched Rick was still in it. Been that long. Reading the episode guide I think it was somewhere in season 8.

Is it worth a binge from 8-11 or not worth it?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Last time I watched Rick was still in it. Been that long. Reading the episode guide I think it was somewhere in season 8.

Is it worth a binge from 8-11 or not worth it?
Again, only my opinion, but so far Season 11 is as good as the early seasons. All of the filler shit from seasons 6-10 seems to have been ripped out and it has a productive story with lots of neat little sub plots and world building.

It's not just people standing around sulking, taking their turn to say a line before killing a million zombies without any suspense and dull, stupid antagonists. Unfortunately, seasons 8-10 were pretty much that.

But season 11 is a big improvement and it's a big jump in quality even between season 10 and 11. Example; in season 10 they introduce Princess and she's annoying as feck. In Season 11 she's fantastic. It feels that the writing is vastly improved, even if it's not going to win awards anytime soon.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
That was one of the best episodes in ages. Like the few of us left I’ve simply invested too much to give up on it now.
I loved that I actually was a little scared watching it. Seeing Connie unable to help her friend because she's deaf was really well done as well. Made a big change from X stabs ten zombies whilst Y stabs another ten zombies.

Sylar

That was one of the best episodes in ages. Like the few of us left I’ve simply invested too much to give up on it now.
Agreed think It was amongst two or three great EPs together

Nialler

Alex's Dad
I loved that I actually was a little scared watching it. Seeing Connie unable to help her friend because she's deaf was really well done as well. Made a big change from X stabs ten zombies whilst Y stabs another ten zombies.
Agree with all your comments on TWD;);), everything is starting to come together nicely, I really hope they do a good job wrapping it up

Sylar

Negan is the main reason it's better imo

With Rick not there, they needed Negan with the way his character is

RUUD_10_LEGEND

Still watching out of lack of other things to watch more than anything, and seeing it through to the end.

An improvement, yes, but still suffering from the ridiculous plot-armour that kicked in around season 6/7 sort of time (there's literally no threat to be worried about if it's a main character, see Maggie in the metro this season as a prime example), and the Eugene detective episode was unamusing filler, despite the 'insert semi-comedic generic detective mode music here'.

I'm a bit out of the loop on the whole Rick/movie thing, is that still supposed to be a thing or are we expecting him to return for the last few episodes to tie up the story?

Bole Top

it's so shit I actually feel bad for still watching it in 2022, yet I simply can't help myself, I HAVE to finish it now. literally nothing is happening. there are no characters left. you barely see the walkers. the fight scene between Maggie and that other woman, did anyone actually care about who would win/die? only 8 episodes left, thank god.

Ahmer Baig

I stopped watching after season 4. Should I start watching from season 5 or skip few seasons?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
it's so shit I actually feel bad for still watching it in 2022, yet I simply can't help myself, I HAVE to finish it now. literally nothing is happening. there are no characters left. you barely see the walkers. the fight scene between Maggie and that other woman, did anyone actually care about who would win/die? only 8 episodes left, thank god.
I'm exactly the same as you - just watching it because I feel I need to see it through. It's mostly pure dross now.

Sylar

Haven't quite hated this final season. But maybe cos it's in the background

But there are some stupid things. Like in ep13 where a woman is found hiding. They decide to put Walker guts on cos there are too many walkers. They go out and dispensable woman gets caught panic and dies. The heroes kill all the walkers with ease anyway and it's only like 15 ...

Superunknown

I'm still a big fan of this show, but I haven't watched it since the (real) finale of Season 10 (Ep. 16 - A Certain Doom). I used to watch this via NowTV, but haven't got the current means to catch up with the latest episodes. I'm just going to wait until all of 11 is out and will binge.

I do think a problem with the show is that they've gone a bit too wide with it. There's this, Fear, World Beyond, the millions of spin-offs that are on the way. I feel similar with the amount of stuff that Marvel is producing, in the sense that if you're keeping on top of it all, it must feel great. But, there's just so much of it all to watch. Plus, I really just want resolution with Rick's storyline more than anything.

Season 9 was pretty great and I liked 10, but thought that the finale/episode 16 was pretty weak after such great promise.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Just caught up with this. Surprisingly enjoyed it after considering it awful for a few seasons. The space marine rip-off dudes are cool, Mercer is a great character. I thought after they did away with a few of the more likeable characters that I wouldn't care about anyone anymore but they've done a reasonable job refreshing them.

Wonder will they still make the movies that were meant to be made pre pandemic.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Just caught up with this. Surprisingly enjoyed it after considering it awful for a few seasons. The space marine rip-off dudes are cool, Mercer is a great character. I thought after they did away with a few of the more likeable characters that I wouldn't care about anyone anymore but they've done a reasonable job refreshing them.

Wonder will they still make the movies that were meant to be made pre pandemic.
I doubt the TV show will handle definitive end the right way. Someone will probably die, during the last episodes and it could be Negan. Could be Maggie ? Who knows... Two movies still probably needed mainly because too much time passed since Rick's disappearance and show didn't provide one clue what happened with him.

Sylar

Some of the last few EPs are good
There's just too many that aren't needed
If they cut it down it would and could tell the same story but without a lot of the longing and stretching to fill minutes

There are some decent characters away from the originals

Sylar

So.... the final is this saturday I believe.

Didnt even realise that the second half of the season started in October. Anybody been watching? I will probably get through them as theres only 8 episodes left just to see how it finishes.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
I doubt the TV show will handle definitive end the right way. Someone will probably die, during the last episodes and it could be Negan. Could be Maggie ? Who knows... Two movies still probably needed mainly because too much time passed since Rick's disappearance and show didn't provide one clue what happened with him.
Agreed, there is only one episode left and so many loose ends to tie up.

dove

There will be more spin offs, one starring Negan and Maggie in New York, another one with Daryl in Paris, and third one with Michonne and Rick feck knows where so I very much doubt we will see deaths of any major character, at least certainly not those involved in spin offs shows... I suspect it will finish as boring as the last 10 season were, everyone will probably just decide to split up and look for new adventures or some nonsense.

Heardy

Gimble confirmed at Comic Con that they’re not going down the movie route.

I’m still watching but it’s gone to fecking shit. With so many spin offs planned, I expect it to go out with a whimper.

Too much to wrap up and with so many key characters spuriously “leaving” it’s all just gone a bit “meh”.

I’ve not watched the penultimate episode out today in the UK, but I thoroughly expect to be underwhelmed by it.

Bobade

There will be more spin offs, one starring Negan and Maggie in New York, another one with Daryl in Paris, and third one with Michonne and Rick feck knows where so I very much doubt we will see deaths of any major character, at least certainly not those involved in spin offs shows... I suspect it will finish as boring as the last 10 season were, everyone will probably just decide to split up and look for new adventures or some nonsense.
Who on earth wants to watch all that though? They have milked this until it's drier than Shapiro's Mrs.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Bit of a shame the Rick Grimes movie(s) got cancelled, they had the potential to create something box office. Oh well.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Daryl in Paris... the sound of that alone is just too much. Eugene Porter's spinoff where he works on the cure or new type of biological anti-walker weapon could have at least some consequences...

I moan for now, but i'd still probably watch it all... :lol:

dove

Daryl in Paris... the sound of that alone is just too much. Eugene Porter's spinoff where he works on the cure or new type of biological anti-walker weapon could have at least some consequences...

I moan for now, but i'd still probably watch it all... :lol:
Yea, when I first read it I had to check multiple sources, like how the heck would he even end up there, and also why? :lol: