Television The Walking Dead

AaronRedDevil

I don't think I'll be able to make myself watch that one, considering Negan was straight up evil the last time I watched TWD.
Yeah I actually just binged all 11 season of it last month. Just enjoyed the characters a lot. After a while Negan really is the best part after Rick, he redeems himself a little. Though it's mad seeing what happens and how he still lives. He was fecking horrible. But so damn entertaining.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Anyone watched the Daryl spin-off and can tell me if it's even remotely worth watching? I dropped both The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead many seasons ago.
Just in 3rd episode of Dead City. Negan is forced to murder people again, and Maggie is almost okay with it, as she got stronger motivation about her kid.

While TWD was bloated in too many groups spawning boredom, Dead City feels kinda focused... still nothing special, but the scientist bad guy is actually using science to overrule anyone in the apocalypse, which makes some sense. It's basically psycho Eugene.

Didn't watched Daryl's first ep. just yet, but hoping the same contained story and less soap opera. Still aware, too many spinoffs can lead to Marvel situation, but feck it. I can bitch about TWD all day, but still no good zombie shows around after TLoU.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Just in 3rd episode of Dead City. Negan is forced to murder people again, and Maggie is almost okay with it, as she got stronger motivation about her kid.

While TWD was bloated in too many groups spawning boredom, Dead City feels kinda focused... still nothing special, but the scientist bad guy is actually using science to overrule anyone in the apocalypse, which makes some sense. It's basically psycho Eugene.

Didn't watched Daryl's first ep. just yet, but hoping the same contained story and less soap opera. Still aware, too many spinoffs can lead to Marvel situation, but feck it. I can bitch about TWD all day, but still no good zombie shows around after TLoU.
We really need that World War Z sequel we've been promised for ages. And for The Last of Us to return.

Red_toad

Anyone watched the Daryl spin-off and can tell me if it's even remotely worth watching? I dropped both The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead many seasons ago.
Just started watching, can't work out what's more believable, that he was tied to the bottom of a small rowing boat and crossed the Atlantic ocean or people who are dead walk around? :lol:

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
We really need that World War Z sequel we've been promised for ages. And for The Last of Us to return.
Yup. The zombie genre on screen reached it's maximum, some years ago, and didn't turned all potential ideas into something greater.

Now it's all scraps. Hoping someday also Garland will return to 20 Days/Weeks Later and do something about it.

Sylar

I didn't even realise the spinoff started and S1 is already done :lol:
Six episodes is good, and more manageable. Certainly twd could have benefited from lesser episodes and what seemed like a lot of filler until cliff hanger endings.

Amir

I didn't even realise the spinoff started and S1 is already done :lol:
Six episodes is good, and more manageable. Certainly twd could have benefited from lesser episodes and what seemed like a lot of filler until cliff hanger endings.
Thing is, the original also started with six episodes in season one and then expanded. I wonder if it might happen again.

Dead City was OK. I actually thought it was a mini series and only realised it's not towards the end. I won't be bothering with Daryl in Paris unless I hear it's really good.

Sylar

Thing is, the original also started with six episodes in season one and then expanded. I wonder if it might happen again.

Dead City was OK. I actually thought it was a mini series and only realised it's not towards the end. I won't be bothering with Daryl in Paris unless I hear it's really good.
Yeah you're right. S1 was probably my fav as well as it was tense (tho hated the ending of S1)
What do you mean you thought it was a mini series? As in only one season?

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Anyone know when the Rick grimes spin-off is out?
Next year. Don't think they've been more specific than that, although it was originally due to be released in 2023 so you think it'd be earlier in the year. They've struck a deal with the Screen Actors Guild to get ADR recorded during the strikes. Still gutted the movie(s) got canned, was looking forward to seeing a properly big budget TWD flick. I doubt I'll bother with any of the spin-offs unless the reviews are particularly stellar.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Next year. Don't think they've been more specific than that, although it was originally due to be released in 2023 so you think it'd be earlier in the year. They've struck a deal with the Screen Actors Guild to get ADR recorded during the strikes. Still gutted the movie(s) got canned, was looking forward to seeing a properly big budget TWD flick. I doubt I'll bother with any of the spin-offs unless the reviews are particularly stellar.
Thanks bud. Yeah, i was also looking forward to the movie(s), more than anything....that's the only spinoff i'm probably keen to watch to get another dose of Rick Grimes :drool:

Not sure i'll bother with any of the others, unless as you say, reviews are fantastic.

Bole Top

The Walking Dead was never Sopranos, but it used to be fun at times. they ruined the basics with too much focus on communities and politics at point where the main/best characters were already gone. if you don't have interesting plot to offer nor the characters, the show should focus on wilderness and what's left of the world. it's actually funny how rarely you could see ruined cities in later shows.

remember when they tried to drag that walker out of the well? or that lone walker in the field? that's Walking Dead for me, not the politics or elections. if there was ever a character made for these "lonely" trips, it's Darryl ffs. and yet, they already crowded it with bunch of nuns and french "Saviors". Walking Dead always worked best as survival, not a crime show. both episodes were okay, but why settle for yet another same old?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Has TWD ever tried to explain the origins of the infection or tried to find a solution for it?

I feel like TLOU was much more illuminating in just one season.

Sylar

Has TWD ever tried to explain the origins of the infection or tried to find a solution for it?

I feel like TLOU was much more illuminating in just one season.
Think they were looking for solution in S1, then the finale they found out there is none, everyone is basically infected and everybody is.... The walking dead ...

Superunknown

I will probably watch this. I'm a huge fan of the comics and was really into the main series when it was on. However, they've lost me a little with the sheer amount of side-series that they have going on. Fans don't necessarily want 'more' of the show, they just want a deeper experience. Fewer episodes but better, tighter storytelling. There's no real need for this sidestory as Rick's story really should have been wrapped up in the main series. There should have been a season 12 which would have wrapped everything up properly and brought the show to its conclusion.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah, I think it’s too much too. How many spin offs are they planning to air? The Maggie and Negan one I know of, is their a Dale one too by himself? Michonne or Rick or just both of them? Gonna be nightmare to keep up with them all, think I’ll just wait to the full episodes to air from one of them, binge watch and decide if they’re worth persisting with.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I liked TWD for much of its run but not so much after Rick Grimes existed. I think I watched a bit of season 10 but nothing afterwards. I started the Maggie and Negan in New York thing and haven't been back after a few episodes. I might still finish it though.

Last edited:

Sylar

Yeah, I think it’s too much too. How many spin offs are they planning to air? The Maggie and Negan one I know of, is their a Dale one too by himself? Michonne or Rick or just both of them? Gonna be nightmare to keep up with them all, think I’ll just wait to the full episodes to air from one of them, binge watch and decide if they’re worth persisting with.
Dale? Didn't he die
Unless you mean Daryl which makes sense and yes there's one but I can't remember if it's only him

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Dale? Didn't he die
Unless you mean Daryl which makes sense and yes there's one but I can't remember if it's only him
Yeah i believe it was called "TWD: Daryl Dixon" and it was only him, in another setting. Haven't watched an episode of it, so could be wrong though. Only 1 i will give any time to is the R&M one.

Amir

Yeah i believe it was called "TWD: Daryl Dixon" and it was only him, in another setting.
It is. It's not bad, and is certainly better focused - it's only six episodes, after all - but overall, it's more of the same, just - like you said - in a different setting.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
It is. It's not bad, and is certainly better focused - it's only six episodes, after all - but overall, it's more of the same, just - like you said - in a different setting.
aargh I didn’t know it was only 6 episodes. I should’ve given it a go then, but as below, I stopped watching when grimes left.

Lincoln returning is the grabber for me after binning this off years ago.
Yeah, same my side.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
:lol: Rick Grimes my man :drool:
It's been on for more than a decade anything could have happened I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me there was a Kanye cameo - easy mistake :wenger:

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah, I agree, the show was going for ages - even after Rick had left and I stopped watching.

It was just a good "got" by that pesky animal abuser in fairness :lol:
Is it even worth getting back into? I just got burnt out around the time Glenn got pasted.... Some if it had been great in the earlier seasons .... coral :lol: