Television The Walking Dead

dove

So the fact that the walkers can climb fences is fine because it should make them more dangerous. However they did similar kind of "smart" things in season 1 just to be completely dumbed down basically straight away. I don't understand the idea of suddenly bringing it back 10 seasons later (literally at the very end of the series too), I guess they desperately wanted to make it more interesting and couldn't think of anything else because the plot itself is just pointless.

pascell

So the fact that the walkers can climb fences is fine because it should make them more dangerous. However they did similar kind of "smart" things in season 1 just to be completely dumbed down basically straight away. I don't understand the idea of suddenly bringing it back 10 seasons later (literally at the very end of the series too), I guess they desperately wanted to make it more interesting and couldn't think of anything else because the plot itself is just pointless.
I gave up with this after season 3/4, sounds like its the exact same as back then, which was too repetitive then.

Sylar

It's going to be a TV show instead.
That doesnt sound as appealing to me. A movie would have a start and end point you would think planned out.
A series could be endless (unless its a limited series)
And even then they could possibly just keep it going.

I expect to be disappointed - no way they can wrap it all up on one episode, and I don’t think they even intend on trying with all of the spin offs planned.
Yeah same. But ive invested so long and kept going (although I still think it went to shit with the final ep of s1 and then most of s2 was very very bad).
But it became background watching where id put my head up for something that caught my interest. Theres a chance some things im wondering might have actually been explained in some of the boring conversations. Who knows.
The intrigue is of course to see what way they finish the actual series

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
That doesnt sound as appealing to me. A movie would have a start and end point you would think planned out.
A series could be endless (unless its a limited series)
And even then they could possibly just keep it going.

Yeah same. But ive invested so long and kept going (although I still think it went to shit with the final ep of s1 and then most of s2 was very very bad).
But it became background watching where id put my head up for something that caught my interest. Theres a chance some things im wondering might have actually been explained in some of the boring conversations. Who knows.
The intrigue is of course to see what way they finish the actual series
Have you ever given up on a show?

Bole Top

I watched two of the new episodes and it's still terrible, not that I'm surprised. it's so boring that majority of time I'm just browsing caf. if you somehow managed to catch couple of S11 episodes on TV without knowing what it is, you would've never guessed this show was originally about walking corpses.

Sylar

I got to the episode where they pick up a stone or turn the handle.
I remember a stone being thrown threw a window in the first season but it never followed up on that.
Its bizarre their evolution is being brought up with about five episodes to go.

But that does seem more interesting than that stupid community.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I got to the episode where they pick up a stone or turn the handle.
I remember a stone being thrown threw a window in the first season but it never followed up on that.
Its bizarre their evolution is being brought up with about five episodes to go.

But that does seem more interesting than that stupid community.
So true, not to mention it's been done to death. Almost every season they step into some community, the community wants them to follow their rules and everything ends with a havok at the end. On a bloody repeat to the 11th season.

Part of me wants it to end, unless they make a better spinoff with new writers where zombies are actual horror element constantly hunting protagonists and there's actually shortages of food, ammo, medical supplies... just like in first seasons.

jasT1981

I might try and catch up. I gave up on season 6, Daryl was leading Zombies on a motorbike for the entire episode around a quary I believe. I just said no more after that.

SoCross

Why’s Daryl in Paris!

I stopped watching somewhere when there was this woman controlling the zombies by walking among them.

AaronRedDevil

Funnily enough, fear the walking dead when they did the time jump in s1.
I recently watched FTWD all the way till S4. Had to stop there. The main woman is pissing me off. Her acting is probably the worse I’ve ever seen in any entertainment. Just the exact same expression no matter what. She can’t even change a facial expression.

Sylar

So true, not to mention it's been done to death. Almost every season they step into some community, the community wants them to follow their rules and everything ends with a havok at the end. On a bloody repeat to the 11th season.

Part of me wants it to end, unless they make a better spinoff with new writers where zombies are actual horror element constantly hunting protagonists and there's actually shortages of food, ammo, medical supplies... just like in first seasons.
Yeah I know they follow comics (not sure how strict). But it has felt repetitive.

On ep22, Right now Negan is still the most intriguing character. Some of the others have some good traits, but they are portrayed as big dumbasses.
The walkers are an afterthought and being killed by one would make you a real dork.
From the episode the walkers climbed, ive seen it mentioned once (and that was on this current ep22)
Which means only 2 eps left, so yeah, unless they give the walkers their own spinoff :lol:

I recently watched FTWD all the way till S4. Had to stop there. The main woman is pissing me off. Her acting is probably the worse I’ve ever seen in any entertainment. Just the exact same expression no matter what. She can’t even change a facial expression.
I might actually know who you are talking about . I just felt the show was useless since it was the premise of what happened before the outbreak or just as the outbreak started, but then they just skipped years

AaronRedDevil

Yeah I know they follow comics (not sure how strict). But it has felt repetitive.

On ep22, Right now Negan is still the most intriguing character. Some of the others have some good traits, but they are portrayed as big dumbasses.
The walkers are an afterthought and being killed by one would make you a real dork.
From the episode the walkers climbed, ive seen it mentioned once (and that was on this current ep22)
Which means only 2 eps left, so yeah, unless they give the walkers their own spinoff :lol:

I might actually know who you are talking about . I just felt the show was useless since it was the premise of what happened before the outbreak or just as the outbreak started, but then they just skipped years
Yeah this show could have had a good staying power being about the outbreak from the very start and all the things that could have happened before Rick woke up in the coma.

Amir

I don't know the comics so when the show started I figured that at some stage there will be some sort of solution to the walkers, but over time it turned out that there isn't going to be and the show kept going in circles. Add the million spin offs, and the finale isn't so interesting because it isn't going to be closing that much. Just the story of the not that interesting commonwealth and the (normally less interesting) characters which won't be on spin offs.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Just finished it and….
that was fecking tragic. Who the feck wrote that utter mess? It was like a culmination of everything that had come before, but worse. And with an extra helping of cringe. nice to see Rick and michonne again, but feck me, for series finale that was just so fecking bad. Worse season finale of all time has a new winner.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
That Negan - Maggie crap is getting old. Negan overall is okay character but she should shoot him on sight and be done with it, but if she do that then her character is just obsolete and have nothing new or interesting to offer. They'll probably squeeze even more of this in the spinoff. Negan killing her instead to show he's THE Negan would be something... probably still not gonna happen.

The series winners for me are Eugene and Daryl who rides off to the sunset probably to stay the f*ck away from the circus (at least for a while).

Rosita's fate sad and unexpected. There were far more characters appropriate for killing.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Genuinely surprised anyone has stuck with this nonsense to the bitter end :lol:

Great for a few seasons, good fun for a couple more and godawful mumbo jumbo for the rest. Rick left, then some eejit with a tiger appeared, that was more than enough.

dove

The finale perfectly sums up the series. Deaths of a couple filler characters nobody really cares about (except Rosita I guess) to make things "more interesting", followed by a few very cringe scenes and when things seem to be going well, the next logical step of course is to go explore the fecking world, I wonder how they will explain how Daryl got to France, probably won't even bother trying. Have absolutely no hopes from the spin offs either, will be more of the same. Join some group, don't want to follow their rules, fight them, kill their leader, rinse and repeat for 10 seasons. Ah well finally it's over.

Sylar

The best thing about the final season was the walkers becoming smart again and doing shit other than walking slow. Seeing them pick up stones and throw it through glass, or climb up was so damn interesting but it only lasted the last two episodes

And even then seeing Rosita escape (albeit bitten) was funny. It was ok ish but I think the ending part with Rick was the best bit and even then it was for a spin off.

Kinda glad I got through it all, but I think they wasted a great concept and potentially great characters. Really think the show would have benefited from being shorter seasons and more focused. Actually think that way they could have had more seasons long term

It's weird cos some of the good guy characters who died I don't even know their names

I'm not really interested in spinoffs but maybe will give the Rick one a go (but even that I'll wait to see if there's a season or so done just because spinoffs usually die quickly)

Heardy

Finally watched the finale having been away for a few days.

What a crock of shit that was. No idea why I really expected anything better to be honest - it has been crap for years. Glad it’s over, but had hoped for a good finale that may have redeemed it somewhat.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Season 4 is were Madison leaves and Morgan comes into it, that's the season when it gets good. I'd give it a go if I was you.

AaronRedDevil

Season 4 is were Madison leaves and Morgan comes into it, that's the season when it gets good. I'd give it a go if I was you.
Thats what I was going to do, but i needed to watch a different show at the time. But the subscription has run out. I'll give it a go when the Boys comes back.

Bole Top

man, I'm glad it's finally over. the final episode was slightly better than the rest, but overall the whole season was a painful experience. probably the worst season of any show I've ever watched, literally all the episodes were shit or just boring. it's such a relief to know there won't be more of that since I loved the early seasons so obviously I had to finish it, yet the show became so bad that any joy in watching it was lost long ago. this was never Breaking Bad or Sopranos, but man, it used to be fun at least.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Just started watching this for the first time. I think we’re somewhere in the second season. Loving it, the dialogues between Rick and Shane are immense

Sylar

Just started watching this for the first time. I think we’re somewhere in the second season. Loving it, the dialogues between Rick and Shane are immense
Brave guy. Wonder if binging S2 makes it better than it actually was.
Enjoy though

Woodzy

I thought season 2 was great personally. First 3 or 4 seasons in fact. And even then, I don’t think the quality really dropped until after the Negan introduction.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
I stopped watching after season 7 and I still can't believe I didn't give up sooner. I'm impressed by the ones who endured the rest.

Can anyone give me a quick recap of season 8, 9, 10 and 11 without posting a poop emoji? A few sentences will do. Which important characters survived? How far did the story get? Did they find a "cure" or a safe and sustainable place at least?

Never mind, I found it on Wikipedia. I'm a genius, I know.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
So I stopped watching after season 10 (surprised I lasted that long), only realised S11 just finished due to this thread popping up, I couldn't put myself watching the final season so watched a recap on YouTube. I'm glad I watched the 20 min recap rather than sitting through the whole season. It's a shame really, I loved this series when it started and even stuck by it when it started to to turn to shite.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I stopped watching after season 7 and I still can't believe I didn't give up sooner. I'm impressed by the ones who endured the rest.

Can anyone give me a quick recap of season 8, 9, 10 and 11 without posting a poop emoji? A few sentences will do. Which important characters survived? How far did the story get? Did they find a "cure" or a safe and sustainable place at least?

Never mind, I found it on Wikipedia. I'm a genius, I know.
I just watched a recap by a channel called 'man of recaps' and he covered it humorously well and swiftly. Worth watching if you're interested in how it ends without haven't to sit through it all.

Sylar

For me S2 was a lot of filler farm stuff with some great moments (and one of those moments didn't make too much sense but still made for a good moment with Shane opening the barn)

Tbh the final ep of S1 was a bit stupid.

The show could have been better imo and should have been better. They just had too many episodes where a lot of things didn't happen and didn't really make you (well me) like the characters.

I didn't mind negan's introduction but using a 'who died' as a cliffhanger was silly.
As was the Glenn copout death from the previous season with the dumpster :lol:

It's weird cos I defo thought there was much more garbage than good but still stuck with it

AFC NimbleThumb

I feel cheated. The last few seasons have been a slog, but that ending [the final season as a whole plus that last episode] has truly pissed me off.

Another series I’ll never return to.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Anyone watched the Daryl spin-off and can tell me if it's even remotely worth watching? I dropped both The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead many seasons ago.

AaronRedDevil

Anyone watched the Daryl spin-off and can tell me if it's even remotely worth watching? I dropped both The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead many seasons ago.
Heard its pretty decent. The Maggie and Negan one is actually pretty good.