Television The Walking Dead

NoWinNoFee

kietotheworld mk2
I thought it was a good episode personally, better than the bore-fest the week before.

4 out of 5 have been good for me, so enjoying the series so far overall, probably the best it's been since Season 1.

Glanville95

Really surprised at the amount of people who liked that episode. I honestly thought it was utterly atrocious and like Bosnian, one of the worst episodes Walking Dead episodes ever, let alone season.

I thought the week before was far better, but even that wasn't outstanding. It still had very intriguing and interesting enough characters like the doctor, Noah, policewoman and Beth. Thought it was actually a well constructed episode too.

This one was just poor from the get-go. The characters, the dialogue, Abraham's boring and slightly pointless background story and Eugene's pathetic and perhaps premature confession. Just really poor in all senses.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
It has been at least one year since the initial zombie outbreak in terms of time within the show. So why the heck aren't all these walking corpses just rotted away by now. I mean by the way they show the zombies some rot has taken place, but they are in freaking Georgia, it is hot and humid the dead would be rotted away to mush by now. Plus where are the freaking flies? they would be having a field day on all this rotting flesh walking around.

penalty snot

Absolutely no idea where they're going with this. There's nothing to root for or be excited about.

Some of the scenes in the last episode were dark. Literally. I mean i could barely see what was happening. As a result i didn't give a shit what was being said because more than likely it's just fluff to pass time by in the episode.

Seems like they've run out of ideas although they've managed to shoehorn quite a few key setpieces to keep the die hard fans happy:

Terminus. Over and dealt with in one episode.
Cannibals eating infected meat only to be killed a few minutes later.
Abraham and crew set out and leave Rick and Co. One episode later that plan goes out of the window.

Been a massive fan of this. I lived in the small town it was shot next to when i was living in ATL. Now I'm losing interest.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
It has been at least one year since the initial zombie outbreak in terms of time within the show. So why the heck aren't all these walking corpses just rotted away by now. I mean by the way they show the zombies some rot has taken place, but they are in freaking Georgia, it is hot and humid the dead would be rotted away to mush by now. Plus where are the freaking flies? they would be having a field day on all this rotting flesh walking around.
They are showing some elements of decay, for example the zombies fell to pieces when shot at by the water canon, easy to push away, slower, easier to kill, etc. Obviously they want to suspend belief just a leeeetle bit so the show isn't devoid of its main income: i.e. the zombies. :)

TheGame

Really surprised at the amount of people who liked that episode. I honestly thought it was utterly atrocious and like Bosnian, one of the worst episodes Walking Dead episodes ever, let alone season.

I thought the week before was far better, but even that wasn't outstanding. It still had very intriguing and interesting enough characters like the doctor, Noah, policewoman and Beth. Thought it was actually a well constructed episode too.

This one was just poor from the get-go. The characters, the dialogue, Abraham's boring and slightly pointless background story and Eugene's pathetic and perhaps premature confession. Just really poor in all senses.
I have to agree, very dissapointed with his episode. I have no idea where they are going with the whole thing.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
This is a true post apocalyptic series. This is exactly what we should expect from a gore survival drama focused mainly on characters. Happy ends are old and overrated. No hope, no solution, no nothing... Deal with it.

Personally it's kinda interesting how the group will find any kind of motivation, now. If they'll all decide to blow their skulls with a shotgun, fine by me. If the series decides to go somewhere it will be interesting how they'll pull something new.

Win/win situation for a heavy horror fan here. Not every series must turn into LOST and go full retard at a certain point... hopefully that won't be the case this time.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
One issue which must be hard for the writers is how to balance killing off major characters to make it interesting, but keeping good ones in it, so you still watch it. It obviously also takes time to get to 'know' the new people they pick up along the way. That army dude is a bit of a bell, for example, and he looks like a really bad wrestler with that stupid facial hair.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
I'm enjoying this season so far and I've recently started to watch the first couple of seasons again just to refresh my memory. I'm not a fan of the group splitting type episodes myself. It's just pointless filler of flashback stories that amount to nothing. I.e Michonne in previous season. They did it a lot in season 3/4 and thats where they made a lot of mistakes dragging out tedious story lines on characters people weren't arsed about. It worked to an extent on primary characters such as Rick/Carl but then it filtered down to Andrea/Guvnor, Andrea/Michonne, Glen/Maggie, Beth/Daryl. They should mix it up now and again, even if its just a 15 minutes segment of another group at the end.

Like others have said, some characters just aren't strong enough to carry episodes on there own. I had to read back in this thread to remind myself who the ginger army fella is called (Abraham!) and I still don't know who the girl who talked to Eugene is called. It's annoying when they tease us and deliver two consecutive split group episodes in the middle until we see some unity again. It's highly likely we won't see Abraham's group again until after the mid season break. This week will be Carol's turn and the focus of getting Beth out.

Ekeke

Wow. That truck goes full nose dive down and when they do the next scene the landing is completely square on and safe? How do they let things like this into a tv show?

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Absolutely no idea where they're going with this. There's nothing to root for or be excited about.

Some of the scenes in the last episode were dark. Literally. I mean i could barely see what was happening. As a result i didn't give a shit what was being said because more than likely it's just fluff to pass time by in the episode.

Seems like they've run out of ideas although they've managed to shoehorn quite a few key setpieces to keep the die hard fans happy:

Terminus. Over and dealt with in one episode.
Cannibals eating infected meat only to be killed a few minutes later.
Abraham and crew set out and leave Rick and Co. One episode later that plan goes out of the window.

Been a massive fan of this. I lived in the small town it was shot next to when i was living in ATL. Now I'm losing interest.

Just caught up with the last couple of episodes and I got to agree with you. Hope they pull it together before a great series is spoilt any further.

dr.twinny

Much better than last week. The less of Captain Hillbilly and co., the better. I'm glad the show is picking up again.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Good episode, the change of scenery was nice and they had a cool throwback to season one (the tank Rick was hiding under when he was saved by Glen). The first half of this season is so much better than last, I'll give them that.

Mid season break is coming up though, ugh, AMC sure love to milk their shows.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Wow. That truck goes full nose dive down and when they do the next scene the landing is completely square on and safe? How do they let things like this into a tv show?
Picking up barely a scratch too, Daryl just hopped out like nothing happened and Carol had a bit of a limp. That was surely at least a 25ft drop or so, shouldn't that hurt a lot more?

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
:lol:

Yep. And I wasn't even surprised either. Commonplace on this show.

Ekeke

I've suspended my belief to the point where I'm emotionally involved in a world where zombies exist, but unrealistic traffic accidents are shattering the illusion.
I didnt realise the show was about stunts from C movies.

Its about zombies, thats the point

Sylar

I did laugh and have to pause the show when the truck fell like that. They could have at least shown it turn or just not done that to begin with. It was just rofl worthy.

The whole bit about how the walkers detect humans changes every episode to suit their needs. Baffling stuff.

Logic / consistencies aside (yes its a zombie stuff, but other logical stuff shouldnt not change like laws of gravity, etc), I liked the episode. Carols become the most improved character on the show.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I did laugh and have to pause the show when the truck fell like that. They could have at least shown it turn or just not done that to begin with. It was just rofl worthy.

The whole bit about how the walkers detect humans changes every episode to suit their needs. Baffling stuff.

Logic / consistencies aside (yes its a zombie stuff, but other logical stuff shouldnt not change like laws of gravity, etc), I liked the episode. Carols become the most improved character on the show.
Definitely. Her character arc is just unbelievable. From domestic abuse victim to this...

Minkaro

I like Carol and Darryl, but I found that latest episode quite dull. Not sure I needed to see "how they got there," as it was enough to just know that they'd gotten there. Maybe if they'd shared it out with another group's story (Rick's probably, as we've just had an episode dedicated to Sheamus from WWE and friends), and cut it down.

Sylar

I think all characters should just improve. Glen should disappear for a few episodes then come back as if hes a ninja that wears shades but silently just kicks zombie heads off.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I like Carol and Darryl, but I found that latest episode quite dull. Not sure I needed to see "how they got there," as it was enough to just know that they'd gotten there. Maybe if they'd shared it out with another group's story (Rick's probably, as we've just had an episode dedicated to Sheamus from WWE and friends), and cut it down.
I'm with you there. If the last few episodes had never existed I doubt I'd be too bothered.

Trizy

Latest episode although singled down to one story mode still was all over the place, mixing scene's like a kid with Call of Duty who just got their hands on Windows Movie Maker. This season as a whole is just bollox, even the first episode that everyone was raving about was still typical and predictable.

Last good episode for me was the assault on the prison, they need to bring back the Governor or someone of similar mental defects, this whole hospital story and its take down that this season is building up to is just season 3 all over again. There needs to be something big and fast because a lot of people are losing interest, they should start a zombie extinction themselves of meet a group with fire power to make it interesting again, just my opinion though.

Tarrou

Crap episode. We already knew they ended up there so it was pointless showing us how, unless of course you need to fill out the series with faff. The truck scene was pretty funny though.

Cina

It's the same old same old. Season starts out strong for an episode or two, group decides to split up, we get 4 or 5 really dull episodes focused on specific characters, group comes back together, we get a good finale. Rinse, repeat.

This show has run its course imo, they clearly haven't a clue anymore. I mean since the Washington reveal what the feck more is there to do now? Find another place to live that inevitably they manage to cock up themselves and get invaded by zombies again? Yawn.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Great. It only took another two weeks to get back to where we were three weeks ago.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
They are horrible writers. It's literally the same conversation between the same characters over and over and we are supposed to pretend it's deep.

It's one thing trotting out the "you have to suspend belief" line, but that doesn't apply to what they are trying to do. Hell they can't even fit in flashbacks properly, it's all so jarring and amateur at times.

Glad the city is back though, a decent setting again at last.

Ainu

They are horrible writers. It's literally the same conversation between the same characters over and over and we are supposed to pretend it's deep.

It's one thing trotting out the "you have to suspend belief" line, but that doesn't apply to what they are trying to do. Hell they can't even fit in flashbacks properly, it's all so jarring and amateur at times.

Glad the city is back though, a decent setting again at last.
Yeah that's horrible, especially in the latest episode. Every time they found a relatively safe room, they'd go stare out of some windows and have that exact same conversation again about how they're "trying". And each time one of them would say something new as if their character had progressed to some new state of enlightenment, but in fact the entire thing is just laughable. I love the exploration of new environments in a zombie apocalypse, particularly an urban environment, so that more or less saved the episode for me. But once they open their mouths it just falls apart.

Amir

Crap episode. We already knew they ended up there so it was pointless showing us how, unless of course you need to fill out the series with faff.
Exactly. If you have to show some retrospective stuff, you need to make it real good. It wasn't.

It seems as though they filled up the show with too many characters without knowing how to handle them, so they give seperate episodes to each group, meaning any progress could be damn slow. Certainly this episode got us no further.

Andy_Cole

Yeah that's horrible, especially in the latest episode. Every time they found a relatively safe room, they'd go stare out of some windows and have that exact same conversation again about how they're "trying". And each time one of them would say something new as if their character had progressed to some new state of enlightenment, but in fact the entire thing is just laughable. I love the exploration of new environments in a zombie apocalypse, particularly an urban environment, so that more or less saved the episode for me. But once they open their mouths it just falls apart.
Yeh quite liked the episode because of this.