Television The Walking Dead

gaz1185

What?? I haven't seen a single one of those scenes! I always turn it off right when it's finished to avoid seeing any "next episode on" stuff. What have I missed?
This was the first one (after the first episode of the series):

& this was after last nights episode:

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
he is getting closer... hopefully he will catch up with the group before the new star wars movie.

Anyway, what's the deal with this show now? except for 1 or 2 episodes at the beginning of the season, this is just terrible.

for the people who read the books or comic, is this gonna get better? except for bad-ass Rick, everything seems so pointless.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
he is getting closer... hopefully he will catch up with the group before the new star wars movie.

Anyway, what's the deal with this show now? except for 1 or 2 episodes at the beginning of the season, this is just terrible.

for the people who read the books or comic, is this gonna get better? except for bad-ass Rick, everything seems so pointless.
Been that way since season 2... Season 1 was actually the only good show yet I keep watching it, carries me over during the time when there aren't any other shows on. There's the odd very good or entertaining episode, but the writing in general is so shit.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
They need Morgan back in, he is an intriguing character, I'm not quite sure how he has gone from insane to normal though. Can't wait until he meets up with them.

I agree the focus needs to move back onto rick and the original group what's left of them, the Groups far too large now and most of the characters are pointless, back in season 1-2 I used to be shocked when someone died but now I couldn't careless,

I'm glad Beth has gone she was one of the pointless characters. Next on that list would be,

Carl (please god!!)
Anyone apart from rick, michonne, daryl and carol

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Would be great if they sacked off them lot at the hospital and instead show us the second half of the season with just Morgan from the point Rick left him at the Sheriff county office. He already looks one of the better and most intriguing characters and he rarely features. We probably won't fully see him until the final season.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I agree the focus needs to move back onto rick and the original group what's left of them, the Groups far too large now and most of the characters are pointless, back in season 1-2 I used to be shocked when someone died but now I couldn't careless,
Wrong.

Sylar

They should do a storyline where Carl loses it and starts bullying Tyreese and picking on him calling him a pussy.

Anyway, the problem is still too many episodes in a season for a show like this. I hate the argument I always hear that "its a zombie show, why are you expecting good dialogue, acting, etc".
At the end of the day its still a show being written, why is it so hard to write compelling characters you care about and dont want to see bitten? For me Rick is the only one that I dont want to see bitten

Kostur

海尔的老板
I would pretend I was shocked by what happened last night, but unfortunately the official Walking Dead Facebook page decided to neglect the entire of their International fan base and posted 'RIP Beth' yesterday morning. cnuts.
Exactly this.

I'm seriously wondering why I'm still watching this garbage.

Momochiru

Finally they killed one of the most annoying characters in the show. Not only is she a terrible actress, but they stuck a couple ridiculous looking scars on her face - laughable for a show with otherwise very good zombie makeup. Now to make the show watchable again, they need to quickly kill Carl, Carol, Glenn, Maggie, Tyreese, his sister and the lesbian - I would suggest after losing her sister, Maggie to go crazy and start shooting at everyone with a machine gun, only for Glen to stab her in the back and then to blow his head off.

Unfortunately, instead they will introduce a few new characters who joined from the hospital, so they have fresh meat to kill in the next few episodes, after each of them gets about 10-20 minutes of face time.

binary bot
That was abysmal. They managed to drag 4 episodes out of nothing, and did it backwards in order to make it interesting. Even having half the group leave, breakdown, then come back in possibly the dullest most predictable storyline of all time, just to kill a character who everybody had stopped caring about.

And Carver! Another astonishingly shit character brought in just so they can have someone be an absolute liability. I look forward to next season when they'll inevitably let him guard any dangerous prisoners that they catch.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
That was abysmal. They managed to drag 4 episodes out of nothing, and did it backwards in order to make it interesting. Even having half the group leave, breakdown, then come back in possibly the dullest most predictable storyline of all time, just to kill a character who everybody had stopped caring about.

And Carver! Another astonishingly shit character brought in just so they can have someone be an absolute liability. I look forward to next season when they'll inevitably let him guard any dangerous prisoners that they catch.
Yeah Carver is awful. Luckily for him Cutty is around to make him look less of a pussy.

Last edited:

Sylar

Would be great if the spinoff had a different set of writers and then became a better show to watch.

Donut

Everyone I ask tells me the show is shit, yet everyone watches it. I think I'll give it a go :lol:

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Exactly this.

I'm seriously wondering why I'm still watching this garbage.
Same, I think its because I've already spent so much time watching the first 5 seasons that I can't just stop now but I've found recently that I don't pay much attention while watching.

It should take note of GoT and at least show some tits. Give the show some purpose.

penalty snot

Same, I think its because I've already spent so much time watching the first 5 seasons that I can't just stop now but I've found recently that I don't pay much attention while watching.

It should take note of GoT and at least show some tits. Give the show some purpose.
THIS. I don't even pay attention to the dialogue now. It's all the same shit we've already heard from characters that came before.

Sylar

Its the investment. Ive done this with other shows. Ive watched more than 3-4 seasons of this and dont want to just stop half way despite how terrible it is. Happened with Prison Break, Heroes, Dexter. I want to see an ending or see how its resolved but its not a show im thinking "holy feck, cant wait to see the next ep" like I was with Wire, Breaking Bad, Shield, etc.

Kaos

FFS why didn't they just stay at the hospital?

I mean its safe, clean, has medicine, a trained doctor, presumably plenty of food - It'd be like the prison but infinitely more secure. But no, this group has to make life difficult for themselves so Steve will have them go back on the road again, losing members while picking up new ones...who then die shortly after anyway. This show might as well masquerade as anti-Darwin propaganda considering how stupid people miraculously survive stupid decisions.

TheShedEnd

Anti-Football WUM
Supports
Chelsea
This show is getting a bit tiresome now. Fifth(?) series in now and still no word of what caused the zombie outbreak. Any potential it had to bring up an explanation was quickly shot down five episoes into this series.

The hospital sub-plot was pointless too, may as well have had Beth die at the end of S4.

Getsme

FFS why didn't they just stay at the hospital?

I mean its safe, clean, has medicine, a trained doctor, presumably plenty of food - It'd be like the prison but infinitely more secure. But no, this group has to make life difficult for themselves so Steve will have them go back on the road again, losing members while picking up new ones...who then die shortly after anyway. This show might as well masquerade as anti-Darwin propaganda considering how stupid people miraculously survive stupid decisions.
Because they would have had to live under other people's rules.
And it would have been boring to watch.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Its the investment. Ive done this with other shows. Ive watched more than 3-4 seasons of this and dont want to just stop half way despite how terrible it is. Happened with Prison Break, Heroes, Dexter. I want to see an ending or see how its resolved but its not a show im thinking "holy feck, cant wait to see the next ep" like I was with Wire, Breaking Bad, Shield, etc.
A bit OT but what is Shield? I'm looking for a new series to move onto and if you're mentioning it in the same sentence as the wire and breaking bad, then I'm expecting BIG things!

Sylar

Vic Mackey :D
A bit OT but what is Shield? I'm looking for a new series to move onto and if you're mentioning it in the same sentence as the wire and breaking bad, then I'm expecting BIG things!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0286486/
Michael Chiklis stars and its one of my fav shows ever. Possibly in my top five and its just consistently good. Its basically a "ends justifies the means" cop drama (but better than my explanation). In terms of acting, drama, characters, then you would be right to expect big things. I highly recommend it to you. Im a bit jealous that you can watch it without knowing whats going to happen :)

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Vic Mackey :D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0286486/
Michael Chiklis stars and its one of my fav shows ever. Possibly in my top five and its just consistently good. Its basically a "ends justifies the means" cop drama (but better than my explanation). In terms of acting, drama, characters, then you would be right to expect big things. I highly recommend it to you. Im a bit jealous that you can watch it without knowing whats going to happen :)
Ah, this is ringing a bell now. A guy I work with was recommending it to me a few months back. I'll give it a try after I'm done with Vikings.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I assume you've watched/been watching SoA?
Is that sons of anarchy? Not seen that yet either, but had a mate who didn't rate it particularly highly, so not bothered so far. I've heard others raving about it though... Seems to divide opinion a little.

Skizzo

Is that sons of anarchy? Not seen that yet either, but had a mate who didn't rate it particularly highly, so not bothered so far. I've heard others raving about it though... Seems to divide opinion a little.
8.7 on IMDB.

A couple of seasons were fairly slow paced, but they all pick up at some point.

Definitely recommend it though, I'm catching up on the final season and it's been non-stop crazy so far.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Personally it's one of my favourite shows on at the moment, I have just started season 7 and have enjoyed every one of them. A lot rate the first two as the best then think it's a downward slope, but I say that more shocking things happen later on. Still worth a try I say.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
There doesn't seem to be any direction. It's too repetitive. I still watch it though.