Television The Walking Dead

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I did feel a bit sad that she died. I'll moan now and then about the show but I take it for what it is, it's never going to be that realistic or one of the top shows.

Andrew Lincoln's face after the shot was great acting I thought. Reedus too.

Someone

Something
This show has really few interesting characters, and they always, always kill the interesting ones. She was irrelevant for years, but the moment she finally steps up in terms of acting and character development, bang she's gone.

It's also getting tiresome and repetitive, the only plot we have now is facing another group, fight that group and losing a major character in the process, rinse and repeat, the governor, the cannibals and the this group. I kinda liked the whole let's go to Washington to save the world thing, even though we've all known from day one that eugene was a lair, it was good for the group to start a new journey, now we're just waiting for another group of assholes for rick to fight.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
This show has really few interesting characters, and they always, always kill the interesting ones. She was irrelevant for years, but the moment she finally steps up in terms of acting and character development, bang she's gone.

It's also getting tiresome and repetitive, the only plot we have now is facing another group, fight that group and losing a major character in the process, rinse and repeat, the governor, the cannibals and the this group. I kinda liked the whole let's go to Washington to save the world thing, even though we've all known from day one that eugene was a lair, it was good for the group to start a new journey, now we're just waiting for another group of assholes for rick to fight.
She died in a right moment and she'll be remembered as a cool character in the end. I guarantee you that if she would survived and reunited with the group it would be sad return for her to pointless shit like babysitting, singing songs and playing the role of damsel in distress, in the shadow of Rambo Carol and sassy farmer Maggie.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
She was an awful character, one of the worst, I'm glad she's gone and it was fitting for it to be in such a stupid manner as well. Why not just tell the other cops that the lady cop killed that other cop and let them kill her and break up the group. Shame Carol couldn't suicide herself too though, her a-team rocket stunt the other week deserved an instant death.

Someone

Something
She died in a right moment and she'll be remembered as a cool character in the end. I guarantee you that if she would survived and reunited with the group it would be sad return for her to pointless shit like babysitting, singing songs and playing the role of damsel in distress, in the shadow of Rambo Carol and sassy farmer Maggie.
Or she'd be an interesting character with a big role to play through good writing. My main worry now is that the group is extremely dull, the only interesting one for me now is carol, the rest could all die for all i care, apart from rosita, i like her :drool:.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Or she'd be an interesting character with a big role to play through good writing. My main worry now is that the group is extremely dull, the only interesting one for me now is carol, the rest could all die for all i care, apart from rosita, i like her :drool:.
About 80% of what you said there was wrong.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
She was pretty and those cuts on her face looked like they would leave permanent scarring. Had to kill her off really.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Really annoyingly boring character is Rick's son to be honest. The actor is just waiting for prompt to show him his lines and then reads it without any conviction.

Rosita is the goods, indeed. She'll bang James Hetfield in one moment just to parade with M-16 in the other. Bit over the top character with her military look but there's some potential for development here. The Walking Dead's lesbo department is already vulturing to turn her 'compatible'.

Carol... I really don't know what she'll do next. She executed the walker loving kid, she blew the Safe Haven up to shit. Even Rick sometimes start looking soft in comparison. You can insert her into any Die Hard movie now.

Good writing is what shows needs but we all know that in this case it's an adaptation from quite different source material and it's probably not that easy to convert it with every detail.

Someone

Something
Really annoyingly boring character is Rick's son to be honest. The actor is just waiting for prompt to show him his lines and then reads it without any conviction.

Rosita is the goods, indeed. She'll bang James Hetfield in one moment just to parade with M-16 in the other. Bit over the top character with her military look but there's some potential for development here. The Walking Dead's lesbo department is already vulturing to turn her 'compatible'.

Carol... I really don't know what she'll do next. She executed the walker loving kid, she blew the Safe Haven up to shit. Even Rick sometimes start looking soft in comparison. You can insert her into any Die Hard movie now.

Good writing is what shows needs but we all know that in this case it's an adaptation from quite different source material and it's probably not that easy to convert it with every detail.
They've made it clear that they won't imitate the comics, they can do whatever they want.

Sylar

Were people actually shocked she died though? Its the same formula as before, good opening episode, lots of filler until mid season finale when something big happens and then filler for the rest until the finale.
Seriously, Ive been having more fun watching ZNation tbh.

The biggest problem with TWD is, what is the end game? I dont think its to stay in one place and survive cos they keep throwing that away. Its not to find a cure / solution to this because they are stupid.

Saying that I liked Rick running over that "you look like a cop" guy. Need Rictatorship to return. The "washington" group have amazing timing. Managing to arrive back to the Church just as the door was about to burst open and stopping it with the firetruck. And then the same day, arriving just as Ricks group were leaving the hospital.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Good ending to the series. Shame they can't keep that pace up throughout. This show has become all filler, finale killer!

Glanville95

Were people actually shocked she died though? Its the same formula as before, good opening episode, lots of filler until mid season finale when something big happens and then filler for the rest until the finale.
Seriously, Ive been having more fun watching ZNation tbh.

The biggest problem with TWD is, what is the end game? I dont think its to stay in one place and survive cos they keep throwing that away. Its not to find a cure / solution to this because they are stupid.

Saying that I liked Rick running over that "you look like a cop" guy. Need Rictatorship to return. The "washington" group have amazing timing. Managing to arrive back to the Church just as the door was about to burst open and stopping it with the firetruck. And then the same day, arriving just as Ricks group were leaving the hospital.
The first three episodes or so were very good, but it's been pish since IMO.

Agree with your point on Rick also. For all the shit they conjure up about the characters 'not losing their humanity', which they go to great lengths to unsuccessfully convey, I've loved Rick's transformation into a stone cold killer who will do whatever it takes to keep his group safe. It's made his character far, far more interesting and he's literally the only character I'd be sad over dying. That in itself, is probably more of an indictment on how terrible the other characters are however.

Last edited:

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
They've made it clear that they won't imitate the comics, they can do whatever they want.
...and basically that may be their biggest problem. This premise that they can change everything without damaging anything is too risky but understandable when working under limited TV show budget.

Game Of Thrones also suffers from some editing and changes but that's another story for another thread, full of spoilers...

Sylar

Well... the ratings keep increasing right? Maybe were just a minority whereas the majority like whats being offered by this show. Dunno, but I just cant get into any of the characters.

Lennie James character is the only one im really interested in right now cos theres mystery behind it.

ZDwyr

The first three episodes or so were very good, but it's been pish since IMO.

Agree with your point on Rick also. For all the shit they conjure up about the characters 'not losing their humanity', which they go to great lengths to unsuccessfully convey, I've loved Rick's transformation into a stone cold killer who will do whatever it takes to keep his group safe. It's made his character far, far more interesting and he's literally the only character I'd be sad over dying. That in itself, is probably more of an indictment on how terrible the other characters are however.
I agree. I actually really like the Rick character.

Someone

Something
Well... the ratings keep increasing right? Maybe were just a minority whereas the majority like whats being offered by this show. Dunno, but I just cant get into any of the characters.

Lennie James character is the only one im really interested in right now cos theres mystery behind it.
The ratings are high because the show is still good, i'm not happy but not enough to stop watching.

Lennie james is indeed an interesting character, which explains why they still won't make him a regular on the show.

Woodzy

I would pretend I was shocked by what happened last night, but unfortunately the official Walking Dead Facebook page decided to neglect the entire of their International fan base and posted 'RIP Beth' yesterday morning. cnuts.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I enjoyed last night's episode. The best one for a while. If you worry about all of the acting, dialogue and logic od a zombie show you might as well not bother starting to watch IMO. I'm still having fun so I'll keep on watching.

Cina

Usually AMC are fairly good for ending shows before they get stale, although this has been stale since around four episodes into season one anyway so I guess it doesn't matter how long they keep it going at this stage. I assume in the second half of the season they'll find another place they can live "we can thrive here, build a home" and then get attacked by really badly written lunatics, then all get split up again, rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat.

The annoying thing is that at least the Washington story could've given the show a bit of purpose but they killed it before it ever really even began.

Not sure how long more I can stick with this, it's really bad. Probably the most overrated show I can ever think of.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Usually AMC are fairly good for ending shows before they get stale, although this has been stale since around four episodes into season one anyway so I guess it doesn't matter how long they keep it going at this stage. I assume in the second half of the season they'll find another place they can live "we can thrive here, build a home" and then get attacked by really badly written lunatics, then all get split up again, rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat.

The annoying thing is that at least the Washington story could've given the show a bit of purpose but they killed it before it ever really even began.

Not sure how long more I can stick with this, it's really bad. Probably the most overrated show I can ever think of.
IT still gets very good rating so its going nowhere

For what its worth i still really enjoy it

ZDwyr

They should have held the 'cure' secret for longer I think. I mean sure no one really believed it anyway but they should have got to Washington and then have it revealed or something. Seems like they just wasted it so they could try and build up the character of Abraham.

Andy_Cole

Rick is great. I wonder if the direction they're going with the show is:

making him get worse and worse until inevitably someone has to take him down. Carl perhaps? I personally would enjoy that. They should start forgetting about most of the other characters and focus on Rick again.

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
I think I can happily wait until 2015 before I see any more of that. At this point I feel like it would be more entertaining to start again on day 1 of the disaster with another group, there doesn't seem to be anything remotely interesting happening at the moment at this stage of the crisis.

Bwuk

To be honest, it's been a disappointing first half of the series. Started so promising with the cannibals at terminus, but the Hospital storyline was just poor and had sooooo much filler.

Ekeke

I dont think there was that much character development during her time away, but there was enough whereby she could come back to the group and refuse to be put in her box again.

She could have had a new start as a useful member of the group

Of course the best thing to do would have been to kill Carrol while shes in hospital and take over her role as Solid Snake

gaz1185

So 8 episodes into this season and we've already had the Terminus / cannibals, Washington & the Police / Hospital storylines come to an end. It's like one extreme to another with this programme, they dragged out season 2 with the farm and now they fly through every storyline within a few episodes. The finale was pretty poor to be honest (well TWD Facebook page already ruined it for everyone outside the US, so that didn't help!) besides the first couple of minutes with Rick chasing down Bob - I've kind of come to the realisation that Rick is the only thing worth watching for these days. They should kill everyone off besides Rick and go down the Mad Max route with him :lol:

BTW - Did all of the people in the Hospital choose to stay there? I didn't see anyone leave with the group when they came out of the doors. Why stay when you've been treated like shit by the officers!?

I also reckon Morgan was about to kill himself in the church when he got there, the one bullet he put down and the way he was acting - but when he read the note on the map left for Rick he's changed his mind knowing people are still alive out there. Hopefully he gets to the group soon!

Cina

Wait, feck sake, don't tell me there was another Morgan scene after the "next season on" again? Why are AMC so dumb?

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
They should kept the 'Washington' plot open I thought. Them episodes with Abraham & co & Beths scenes in the hospital might aswell not been shown. Instead they could of made an episode of Abraham's group making it through the at the abattoir they came across, with them no chance of making back, only for Eugene to admit he lied after and die in the process. Or they could of returned back to the church after Michonne, Karl & the priest fled not knowing everyone had gone to the hospital only to find Morgan sitting at the altar staring back at them in the after credits.

This will probably follow the similar ending of Season 3 where they brought a busload of extras back from Woodbury and they all suddenly got killed off with that 'flu' the main cast seemed all immune from. Now theres the two groups back together, the cops, doctor and the ward patients. Rick giving it the bigun' " Noooo.. If you want to leave.. step forrrrward! We can liveee!, Survivvve!, Co-exist." Not going to happening, there will be a mass culling of the nonentities in the next episode. Needs to be.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Wait, feck sake, don't tell me there was another Morgan scene after the "next season on" again? Why are AMC so dumb?
I nearly deleted my recording, but the credits on Fox UK was quick and cut straight to it. I gathered they'd do this again though.

gaz1185

Yeah there was, FOX UK just went straight to it after the credits. Don't know why AMC show it in such a random order!

Ainu

What?? I haven't seen a single one of those scenes! I always turn it off right when it's finished to avoid seeing any "next episode on" stuff. What have I missed?