g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Television The Walking Dead

Sylar

I liked that episode tbh.

Also ill forgive the walkers not biting Rick when he was surrounded because of the neat car trick wire to kill a horde of zombies. That was fun.

PoTMS

That steel wire scene was brilliant. I agree with the notion the first half of the episode was extremely forgettable with an improvement in the second.

Sylar

Bloody Morgan, he couldn't just say yes could he.
Wasnt his idea the best though. Just take out Negan since it would probably save more lives. And you know, Negan is the leader and with him gone, the rest would fight over it. Plus hes always there... ready to be taken out.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Wasnt his idea the best though. Just take out Negan since it would probably save more lives. And you know, Negan is the leader and with him gone, the rest would fight over it. Plus hes always there... ready to be taken out.
Yeah, it was a good idea, just difficult to do without some form of war or battle to do the grab.

Sylar

Yeah, it was a good idea, just difficult to do without some form of war or battle to do the grab.
I dunno, do they really need a war. Negan seems to always come to them (and not with every single person). It would be easy to hide people when they arrive, and surround them and take out Negan, much like our heroes got blindsided at the end of this very episode.

Also it seems better than Daryls "lets blow shit up" idea. Or Ricks... well actually what was Ricks idea? TBH, hes trying to convince Ezekial to join him on war and expects him to change his mind within 12 hours, whilst he himself and is group took a long time to realise they needed to attack a group tormenting them instead of making them stronger.

In fact, Ezekial not going to war made a whole lot of sense. More than Daryl shouting "and you call yourself a king". TBH, id like a King like Ezekial who is trying to look after his people than just joining a war thats not needed with people he just met.

Actually the more I think about the episode, the more stupidity im going to find.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Are the audience supposed to be tense or scared when Rick is surrounded by a dozen zombies these days?

Zombies can't bite through his diamond-hard plot armour.

Simbo

So I'm on season 3 of this show now.

How the feck is this show so highly rated?

The acting, mostly, is poor. The writing to me seems atrocious. The zombies go from being extremely scary to being extremely timid and easy to deal with depending on if the writers want to kill off the character or keep them alive. Sometimes just a 2-3 of them can kill an entire army. Yet we are made to believe that armies all over the world couldn't out think these dumb brainless idiots?
Heck I'm watching an episode where this kid and that black chick distracted a whole room of zombies with two rats in cages and just walked past. Then that town, with that crazy one eyed fecker. They had people who could insta head shot a bunch of army folk and kill them all within seconds but they can't shoot rick and his 3 buddies when they are WITHIN their own walls.

The fear factor that I felt for the characters in the first season is all gone.

The end of season 2 was such a joke with that kid seemingly always running off without his already over protective parents realising. Also, why the feck would a kid who knows that zombies are dangerous be roaming around in the woods.

Rant over. This show is whack and I don't know why everyone liked it. I don't think I'll watch beyond this season. I'm barely paying attention as is.
Agree with everything, I gave up at the same point, after struggling through season 3. Decided recently to pick it up again though as I was just that bored and it does get better, not brilliant but I enjoyed the next couple seasons and will continue with it.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I really enjoyed that tbh. The Story is developing nicely, I especially loved ricks little grin at the end too

Jep

Somewhere between Manchester and the shithole
I really enjoyed that tbh. The Story is developing nicely, I especially loved ricks little grin at the end too
I agree. Thought it was pretty good. Missed the person in car with Gabriel.

Who are these new people? Where is Gabriel? Cant wait for next week now. Although i think rick has got his army.

Regarding the wire trick, why havent they used it before as its quite an obvious tactic, another is one with flailing chains (like a minesweeper) or rotating blades but at head height.

Jep

Somewhere between Manchester and the shithole
Yeah me too. Do we think he saw someone he knew? I do wonder who the gut with Gabriel is-assume it's the guy we got a glimpse of the boots of in the episode before mid-season break.
I thought it might have been someone he knew but other peoples views are its due to being a potential army and i agree, as paused it on the person with mask but couldnt recognise them and preview for next week shows him with some people who I'm guessing are the leaders.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Interesting episode IMO. Wonder what is up with Gabriel and who the new people are.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I think Gabriel was forced into taking everything, he seemed off when doing it.
Would explain his initial reaction when going inside. Also I thought I saw someone sitting up when he drove away. But he had time to write something in the book.

Sylar

Would explain his initial reaction when going inside. Also I thought I saw someone sitting up when he drove away. But he had time to write something in the book.
Yeh, the dude popped up. I have a feeling they will do something like dude convinced Gabriel to come with him or some shit so that ... actually I dont even know. The only thing that makes sense is that he was forced to do it.

Regarding the wire trick, why havent they used it before as its quite an obvious tactic, another is one with flailing chains (like a minesweeper) or rotating blades but at head height.
Probably cos its not everyday they are lucky to find functioning cars with full tanks or something.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Probably because the zombies haven't been in an issue for 3 or 4 seasons now.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!

Who are these new people? Where is Gabriel? Cant wait for next week now. Although i think rick has got his army.

Yeah me too. Do we think he saw someone he knew? I do wonder who the gut with Gabriel is-assume it's the guy we got a glimpse of the boots of in the episode before mid-season break.

Yeah there was a black shadow figure that sat up right as Gabriel drove off, I really can't wait for next week to find out who it is, I'm racking my brain of previous cast members that might still be knocking about and can't think of anyone.

@Heardy could be onto something though with the boots guy I forgot all about him.

Heardy

Yeah there was a black shadow figure that sat up right as Gabriel drove off, I really can't wait for next week to find out who it is, I'm racking my brain of previous cast members that might still be knocking about and can't think of anyone.

@Heardy could be onto something though with the boots guy I forgot all about him.
I'm sure there's a link there - I was on TWD reddit earlier and the amount of people who seemed to have miss someone "sit up" in the car when Gabriel drove off is crazy!

I'd like to think that Gabriel has found a new group that has the numbers to help Rick and Co convince Ezekiel to join against Negan and the Saviours. I have found TWD up and down, but got into it again.

Appreciate the comics are ongoing, but you would assume that the TV programme will have to come towards an end soon? Surely there are so many new groups of "bad guys" they can come up against?

Sylar

I'm sure there's a link there - I was on TWD reddit earlier and the amount of people who seemed to have miss someone "sit up" in the car when Gabriel drove off is crazy!

I'd like to think that Gabriel has found a new group that has the numbers to help Rick and Co convince Ezekiel to join against Negan and the Saviours. I have found TWD up and down, but got into it again.

Appreciate the comics are ongoing, but you would assume that the TV programme will have to come towards an end soon? Surely there are so many new groups of "bad guys" they can come up against?
What about Pirates? They havent done that yet. (although the governor sure looked like one).

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff

Why haven't they moved into one of these and used the tanks and helicopters etc. Rick isn't a great leader IMO.

https://militarybases.com/georgia/

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Why haven't they moved into one of these and used the tanks and helicopters etc. Rick isn't a great leader IMO.

https://militarybases.com/georgia/
Any random person trying to use a helicopter would probably not fare too well.

As we saw in Atlanta, seems a lot of military equipment was moved into cities to help fight the walkers, control those not infected, etc. So there probably is not a lot of it sitting around bases anymore. There probably could be some guns, ammo around but then again a lot was also probably used up in the fight v the walkers or looted by survivors during the course of the outbreak.

Tanks and AFV (like the Bradley) use a huge amount of fuel in operation 300 to 400 gallons per 8 hrs for an Abrams. So I would imagine refueling them would rapidly become an issue. Keeping the advanced electronic systems operating would also be problematic for any amateurs.

Early on Shane had suggested they move to an Army base since he felt things would still be safe there. While they have not really shown it, I would imagine military bases became areas where civilians would gather seeking safety, and since it appears there is no more army around, you can assume those bases have been over run by walkers. US Army bases are for the most part not like castles or forts of old. No large walls surrounding them, mostly fences.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Any random person trying to use a helicopter would probably not fare too well.

As we saw in Atlanta, seems a lot of military equipment was moved into cities to help fight the walkers, control those not infected, etc. So there probably is not a lot of it sitting around bases anymore. There probably could be some guns, ammo around but then again a lot was also probably used up in the fight v the walkers or looted by survivors during the course of the outbreak.

Tanks and AFV (like the Bradley) use a huge amount of fuel in operation 300 to 400 gallons per 8 hrs for an Abrams. So I would imagine refueling them would rapidly become an issue. Keeping the advanced electronic systems operating would also be problematic for any amateurs.

Early on Shane had suggested they move to an Army base since he felt things would still be safe there. While they have not really shown it, I would imagine military bases became areas where civilians would gather seeking safety, and since it appears there is no more army around, you can assume those bases have been over run by walkers. US Army bases are for the most part not like castles or forts of old. No large walls surrounding them, mostly fences.
Mate, bloody good answer.

What about moving to an island?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I liked that episode tbh.

Also ill forgive the walkers not biting Rick when he was surrounded because of the neat car trick wire to kill a horde of zombies. That was fun.
That was such balls. Any minor character and they get bitten about 19 times there.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Mate, bloody good answer.

What about moving to an island?
That could have it's benefits, providing it had enough land to grow food on, but was not so large that it had a huge pre-outbreak population, which would mean a lot of walkers to wipe out. You would quickly run out of things to scavenge.
You would have to learn to run a farm off of man power at some point, even if plows and tractors were available eventually fuel runs out. Maybe if you had some horses around, you could use them.

Fishing would of course be one option if you lived on an island.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
First half was dull as dishwater. Actually can't remember how it ended either as I was so tired. Liked the car rope zombie thing.

Tarrou

Who was that ginger tosser at the end there? Is that someone we're supposed to know or just a random?

Tarrou

He'll probably die soon, so his name isn't so important but it's Eric.
Cheers. I suspected he was a nobody but wasn't too sure as I barely pay attention during the middle section of the seasons.

I should just watch the first and last couple of episodes instead, probably wouldn't miss much.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I hate when people watch things and scroll on their phones but this is the one show I can happily do it in and not actually miss anything.