Television The Wire

DVG7

What people say about season 2 is so true. The more you watch it the better it gets. Frank is one of my favourite characters from the whole show.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax

SirAnderson

Man am loving every minute of my rewatch of this. Just finished season 3 again, going into what was my favorite season, season 4, but need to take a break, I may have broken my wife :lol:
I convinced her to watch it with me, she's never watched it before. After respectably finishing season one last week,
we binged season 2 and 3 from Saturday evening to Sunday and early Monday morning, she was pissed off at me at 3am on Monday morning cause she has what I call the "Scattered brain effect". Anyone ever binge so hard that when you try to close your eyes to sleep all you getting is constant flashes of image! Can't sleep:lol:

Anyway, I think she has recovered enough to go down season 4. Will take it much slower :D

AaronRedDevil

Not the greatest show ever. But it is a very good and well made. Ever since I finished it for the first time a few months ago, saying "Shiiiieeett". Is forever ingrained into me :lol:

Last edited:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Not the greatest show ever. Not even remotely close. But it is a very good and well made. Ever since I finished it for the first time a few months ago, saying "Shiiiieeett". Is forever ingrained into me :lol:
Kill him!

freeurmind

weak willed
Not the greatest show ever. Not even remotely close. But it is a very good and well made. Ever since I finished it for the first time a few months ago, saying "Shiiiieeett". Is forever ingrained into me :lol:
This thread will show you as gently as it can, how much you don't know.

lsd

The Oracle
Been rewatching and started season 2 . Have to agree with Michael K Williams who played Omar . Season 2 was a waste of time and mistake by David Simon .

There were other ways to tell the bigger story other than boring us stupid with the docks storyline and annoying us with fecking Ziggy

freeurmind

weak willed
Season 2 is really underrated, "America used to build shit, now we just spend our time in each other's pockets"".

SirAnderson

While opinion is everything. The fact that shieeeettt is forever ingrained in you and million others, is at least cause for it to be considered at least to be close to the greatest. But to say not even close...shiiieeeeeet!

SirAnderson

Been rewatching and started season 2 . Have to agree with Michael K Williams who played Omar . Season 2 was a waste of time and mistake by David Simon .

There were other ways to tell the bigger story other than boring us stupid with the docks storyline and annoying us with fecking Ziggy
I kinda liked it, but definitely the least of the 5. What messages me is that the Greeks got away then.

AaronRedDevil

While opinion is everything. The fact that shieeeettt is forever ingrained in you and million others, is at least cause for it to be considered at least to be close to the greatest. But to say not even close...shiiieeeeeet!
Probably shouldn't have said not even close. It's not a bad show at all, actually it's a great show. Just wasnt my taste. It's not really in my top 10 is all.

SirAnderson

Probably shouldn't have said not even close. It's not a bad show at all, actually it's a great show. Just wasnt my taste. It's not really in my top 10 is all.
Yeah I get you. I'm the same when it comes to comedy genre. Things like the office and p & r or curb your enthusiasm, etc just don't tickle my fancy.
More this, breaking bad, etc. Crime and the like.
I also never rewatch stuff, so for me to rewatch this, makes it all the more special for me.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Finally watched the first episode just now the dvds arrived today.

Looks good the characters seem well thought out would have watched more but tired after gardening.

Defintely needed the subtitles though I still didn't understand some of the words used.
Just wait till Snoop shows up then.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

Season 2 is probably the show's most underrated

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Man this guy is too ignorant to have the floor.

And season 2 is brilliant, just takes a second viewing to get over the sudden change from the first season to appreciate how good it is. Season 4 probably still remains my favourite though.

Bebe

Watched this over the past month or two for the first and damn is the hype 100% justified. Probably the best show I've ever seen. Might be the best anything I've ever seen, actually.

Bebe

Man this guy is too ignorant to have the floor.

And season 2 is brilliant, just takes a second viewing to get over the sudden change from the first season to appreciate how good it is. Season 4 probably still remains my favourite though.
At first I was quite annoyed by the season 2 shift away from the blocks, but it got very good by the end and gets even better looking back as the rest of the show goes on.

Chairman Steve

Approaching Season 2 after you just finished Season 1 will likely feel weird on first viewing, because you’ll be thinking “What the hell? Is this the same show? Who are these shipping dock guys? Why are the characters I know only shown for like 2 minutes?” in the first 2-3 episodes.

On my first viewing I was confused by Season 2 because the characters I knew from Season 1 were all there and present and it felt like it was back to normal as the season went on, but on reflection the events of Season 2 sets up the future seasons like how Prop Joe works, as well as demonstrating the wide reach of crime Baltimore has.

Last edited:

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Wait, what?

Can understand if one doesnt think it to be the greatest show ever. Every one has different tastes, but to not even have Wire close to top is just :houllier:

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Finished season 4 and it's by far the saddest. I had teary eyes the whole way.

The little corner boy going home and finding her mother dead in the couch.
Bubbs getting his shit kicked and robbed time and time again by the same dude.
Bubbs "killing" the boy he was trying to school. Then trying to kill himself at the police station. Then at the end crying with his buddy from rehab.
Randy getting back into the system getting fecked for life (snitch).
Major Colvin talk with Wee-bey to get permission to adopt Namond and save him from the game.
Duquan "Dukie" situation is sad all-round.

Anyone who says the wire is not the best need to be banned and hanged by the balls.

And season 2 is awesome.

Last edited:

AaronRedDevil

what's your top 10?
Would also be interested in this @AaronRedDevil

This list was harder then expected. Had to cut out so many shows like The Shield dr who, OZ, Deadwood. So in no order.

Game of thrones, Breaking bad, The Sopranos, Lost, Mad Men, Ozark, Peaky Blinders, Handmaid's tale. Son of Anarchy. Vikings. List could easily change again to be honest

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

Check back in when you’re all the way through the rewatch of S2, because it was only then that I appreciated it personally.

Zen

This list was harder then expected. Had to cut out so many shows like The Shield dr who, OZ, Deadwood. So in no order.

Game of thrones, Breaking bad, The Sopranos, Lost, Mad Men, Ozark, Peaky Blinders, Handmaid's tale. Son of Anarchy. Vikings. List could easily change again to be honest
I was expecting something good.... bit let down. You could of got away with it with some serious snobby inclusions.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

Shame on you.