Television The Wire

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Jammy bastard.
It just isn't available over here. I checked all the rental stores to watch it with the wife and nothing. I finally bought a decent tablet so that's my train to work sorted for a couple of months.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I still haven't watched this. It's going on my tablet next month.
Do yourself a favor and get started ASAP, then do us a favor and report back here to let us know what you think. We will be living vicariously through you, so you'll be doing important work.

Though be careful of spoilers, our replies to you won't contain any at least - we will look after you!

Member 115509

Took me the longest time to figure out that Snoop was a girl.
Me too. When she walked into Butchie's bar and they wouldn't serve her and someone referred to her as a little girl when she walked out, I thought they were taking the piss.
It was only later on I realised she was a girl.
Her true life story is quite sad, although she did turn things around. Her book about her life is well worth a read.

Verminator

Me too. When she walked into Butchie's bar and they wouldn't serve her and someone referred to her as a little girl when she walked out, I thought they were taking the piss.
It was only later on I realised she was a girl.
Her true life story is quite sad, although she did turn things around. Her book about her life is well worth a read.
She wrote that book like a muthafecka.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I'm halfway through season 5. 2 episodes or so a day for the past 6 weeks. I've really enjoyed it to the point where I felt gutted when certain characters got killed. I'll definiotely watch it again in future.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
I'm halfway through season 5. 2 episodes or so a day for the past 6 weeks. I've really enjoyed it to the point where I felt gutted when certain characters got killed. I'll definiotely watch it again in future.
I thought it was better on the second watch as you had less to remember so you picked up other things in the background.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Nah, I've way too many shows I haven't watched to catch up on first. I will eventually. Also need to rewatch The Sopranos as it's even longer since I saw that.
We recently finished a rewatch of The Sopranos and I was planning on this being next but I think it's going to be the West Wing first.

saivet

Rewatching it and loving it possibly even more than last time. Finished season 1 last night and hopefully I will enjoy season 2 as first time around I found it a bit of a struggle as I found it pretty boring.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Rewatching it and loving it possibly even more than last time. Finished season 1 last night and hopefully I will enjoy season 2 as first time around I found it a bit of a struggle as I found it pretty boring.
Every Wire fan will tell you S2 is much better the 2nd time around, just like your 2nd time...

lsd

The Oracle
He's quite good at being a plonker.

Perhaps and I know some people will say they like him to be different that's expected.

There is a reason however that the vast majority of any poll for worst character on the show has him as number one .

He was just too annoying and the guy who played him over acted too much .

The rest of the characters that season were good and it was an interesting break from what we were used too.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I liked the scene with the boobs. Those where nice boobs...hmmmm, I feel like Homer.

The Wire also proves that Littlefinger is in everything, ever.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I liked the scene with the boobs. Those where nice boobs...hmmmm, I feel like Homer.

The Wire also proves that Littlefinger is in everything, ever.
HBO draws from the same pool of actors. Bodie has been in every crime drama that requires a young black male.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It's good but still the weakest season thanks to fecking Ziggy the worst character of all
Ziggy is a good character, he's meant to be a feckup, and the end of his story shows how damaged he is.

The worst character is probably brother Muzone, but I even kinda like him.