Television The Wire

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
3 episodes in on my first ever watch though. Was a bit nonplussed on episode one but 2 and 3 is putting things in place now that ensures I'm looking forward to watching / bingeing more.

Chip

Due another rewatch soon to get me through winter.

Just got sad when I remembered that we've lost Michael K. Williams and Lance Reddick within the last few years :(

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
7 episodes into my first watch. T’is good.

Was a little nonplussed after the first 2 episodes as I’m not sure I’m a fan of Dominic West but I’ve hit the ‘next episode’ button 3 times so far tonight instead of doing my washing and cleaning.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
7 episodes into my first watch. T’is good.

Was a little nonplussed after the first 2 episodes as I’m not sure I’m a fan of Dominic West but I’ve hit the ‘next episode’ button 3 times so far tonight instead of doing my washing and cleaning.
Jealous.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Wait, you're doing The Wire wrong! You're supposed to dislike season 2 the first time you watch it and then come back later and say that it's actually good! :mad:
Scandi Red knows what's up.

Eriku

I didn’t realize just how good this show was until season 2. And I was initially disturbed by the shift to the dockworkers.

Roosney

Season two is great of course but on the first watch you're fiending for more of the major crimes / streets / Omar / Barksdale stuff but get completely different characters and environment. Throws you off a bit.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Bunk and Lester interviewing the ship guys in Philly always cracks me up.

Roosney

Not sure if mentioned before but there's a Way Down in the Hole podcast by Jemele Hill and Van Lathan. Decent enough, sometimes their yelling and overall enthusiasm can be bit too much but most of the time their analyses are spot on and interesting.

redcucumber

Not sure if mentioned before but there's a Way Down in the Hole podcast by Jemele Hill and Van Lathan. Decent enough, sometimes their yelling and overall enthusiasm can be bit too much but most of the time their analyses are spot on and interesting.
Who are either of those people?