The World Cup Final: France vs Croatia (Kickoff 16H00 BST)

Patrick08

Well said by Rio. Down to Jose to get the best out of Pogba.
Just stop with the mind games and treat people with respect and maybe Pogba won't want to leave.
By the way it's pogba who acted more maturely in his defensive positioning through out the world cup and Jose has already mentioned it.

CA_vampire

I started watching this World cup liking France and I ended it hating France. The most boring world champion even. I want back the hours I wasted watching them! Boring boring boring.

The Firestarter

Lets see the midfields Modric bossed in the knockout rounds.

Denmark: Thomas Delaney, Andreas Christensen, Christian Eriksen
Russia: Golovin, Kuzyayev
England: Jordan Henderson

Compare that to the midfields Pogba faced:

Argentina: Mascherano, Banega, Perez
Uruguay: Torreira, Betancour
Belgium: Witsel, de Bruyne, Fellaini

Modric had to come up against one and a half good midfielders while choking up a penalty en route.
Except Pogba didn't exactly boss them.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
When even Howard Webb at half time says both calls were mistakes, then you can blame the ref. Its not excuses, it changes nothing but saying "they didnt do enough" isnt right. They dominated most of the game and the first half they got fecked over by the ref.

France are better, but nobody can deny that the ref had a massive influence here. France didnt play well at all until the 3rd goal but were only even ahead because of the ref. After that, they controlled it though and croatias heads clearly slumped.
To say the ref didn't have a massive impact on this game is silly

HTG

Supports
Bayern
This World Cup was boring as hell. Terrible football and only few highlights. Glad it’s over.

Mister_Stubbs

When even Howard Webb at half time says both calls were mistakes, then you can blame the ref. Its not excuses, it changes nothing but saying "they didnt do enough" isnt right. They dominated most of the game and the first half they got fecked over by the ref.

France are better, but nobody can deny that the ref had a massive influence here. France didnt play well at all until the 3rd goal but were only even ahead because of the ref. After that, they controlled it though and croatias heads clearly slumped.
France didn’t play well and won the World Cup, I don’t suppose they care much to be honest.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I have to say - it was the best WC in a long long time, for me. Haven't enjoyed one like that since 1994.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Pogba should get player of the tournament but it's a popularity award so some random cnut will win it :lol:
He shouldn't, the only reason he could have it would be based on popularity. Varane and Kanté have been far better and Varane was immense during the final.

Revan

Assumptionman

He has made bigger mistakes than this one in the final he refereed, and he has given similar soft pens multiple times.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Does he want to leave?

Quotes
All over the place his agent shopping him around. Might or might not be true but I truly believe he hates Jose's guts, and no I have no quotes.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
France didn’t play well and won the World Cup, I don’t suppose they care much to be honest.
Yep! And fair fecks to them, they got the win. Lets not rewrite how the game went though and make it seem like they dominated though. When a different (better) ref would change the game completely, then you know he had a massive impact.

Houdini

Congratulation to France. They had the best balanced team. Well deserved. Trophy is in good hands. But my hat's off to Croatia! They can be proud of themselves! They showed the best team spirit. A very exciting WC overall.

Reactions: Penna

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Horrible final. Ruined and gifted by a bias af ref. Croatia outplayed and dominated weak France. Enjoy the undeserved cup.
Croatia played good football in the midfield as expected, but they lacked the key ball in the final third. At the end, today incisive fast football is what wins, like zidanes RM

Nobody outplayed and dominated nobody today, what you talking about

Mister_Stubbs

Salty that the winner didn't win it by great play but in such a meh fashion. This was nothing like France we've seen before. Modric and Rakitic bossed the midfield, there were no dangerous moments until second half Mbappe run into the penalty.

All i wanted was a final where the reft won't play a part and whoever wins, wins. Alas...
I’ll say it again, I doubt very much any French person cares that they didn’t just play “sexy football” to win the World Cup, not one. Croatia were that great, that dominated they lost 4-2 to a rubbish team.

lex talionis

Surprised to see some posts here claiming Croatia was the better side. France set up in a low block and did everything their tactics worked perfectly. Executing on tactics is what separates winners from losers, not percentage of possession.

Rista

Excellent game, could have ended very differently on another day. So proud of our boys, gave it their all and dominated most of the game. Congrats to France!

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He shouldn't, the only reason he could have it would be based on popularity. Varane and Kanté have been far better and Varane was immense during the final.
I think one the reasons France didn't win the Euro was the lack of Kanté. That and Lord Éder ofc.

marktan

Kante far better :lol:

Dreadful in the final and Pogba has been very good in every single match in this WC.

Varane has been very good though.

Mister_Stubbs

Again, you're an incredibly sad person. You've spent the whole final acting like a fecking WUM. Grow up, you child.
I’m an incredible happy person right now.. not sure what I’m WUMing about because I don’t share everyone else’s opinion on how Great Croatia is.. you sad human being for not accepting others have diffidence opinions. Sado.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
For people that have never been to the Champs Elysée, it's absolutely massive.

OldTrevil

Umtiti was better than Varane in the final, semi as well. Kante played poorly in the final. Pogba has beem very good all tournament. Pogba winning based on popularity would be a new one haha.