There was something fitting about that

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Would've been fitting had Buttner not fallen on his backside and put in a good cross on 93 minutes for one of the many red shirts in the box to head home the winner in Fergie time. As it is I feel a bit 'meh' about the game. Some of our best football of the season spoiled by some of our worst during the closing stages.

Godfather

Rubbish, the ineptitude from Lindegaard and Buttner cost us today, Jonny and Phil were getting dragged all over the place and it wasn't because they weren't winning any headers.
I don't care what actually cost us. Evans and Phil just weren't good today imo. Büttner had a shocker I agree but still they should have done in many occassions.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Was really disappointed to let a three-goal lead slip, but you can't really carry out any performance analysis in this context - we were already Champions, our players have regularly been on the piss since the Villa game, and we've all expended a lot of emotional energy in the aftermath of Fergie's retirement announcement.

Today was just a case of both sides playing with freedom. We played some great football and that augurs well for next season. If we're being honest, Scholes' entry to the field of play really gave them the upper hand. He's chosen the right time to retire. All that said, today wasn't really about making the 'right' subs - Scholes deserved his final cameo.

I don't know what to make of how I feel right now - a bit empty and deflated. Fergie's gone and that creates so much uncertainty. I'm completely happy with the Moyes appointment, but I feel as though the club is so much less bulletproof now :(

Feed Me

I'm hungry
It's Scholes' fault that we conceded a 3 goal lead? Only on the Cafe!
As I said, I don't think it's particularly appropriate to analyse performance given the context of the game. This wasn't really a proper PL game.

That said, I don't think introducing Giggs and Scholes away from home is the best way to see a game out. As I said though, it wasn't about making the 'right' subs today - it was about making fitting subs.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
feck off any miserable cnuts, that was a great game haha... both his last games have been great ones, a fantastic send off!

Siorac

It was fun. Would have been nice if we had won it. fecking Foster should have had the decency not to come for that Giggs cross aimed at Scholes right at the end. That would have been very appropriate, a Scholes winner in injury time from a Giggs cross.

Platato

Psst!
It would have been fitting if Scholesy scored the winner with practically no time left ala City (09/10)

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Enjoyed the game but felt sorry that Fergie's last game wasn't a win. Maybe it's sentimental but I actually thought it was absolutely flat out crazy that we threw that away on such an occasion! I'm not bent up about it by any means but you can see that Fergie cared. I don't think absolutely collapsing and playing like a bunch of retards is a fitting send off to Sir Alex's amazing career here.

redevil2

Exactly, sums up how we've played all season.

hehe
What? United fans are so fecking spoilt. We are champions, won by a 2 digit margin, with goal difference by a country mile. Still people like you are still thinking we played shit. What planet world we living in...

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I haven't seen it yet. I did notice on the report thing that we were 5-2 up, then Scholes and Giggs were put on in midfield together.

If there's one positive to take from today's retirements, it's that this can now never happen again.

redevil2

I haven't seen it yet. I did notice on the report thing that we were 5-2 up, then Scholes and Giggs were put on in midfield together.

If there's one positive to take from today's retirements, it's that this can now never happen again.
these comments are really unnecessary and you haven't even watched the game. Totally unfair!

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Just watching a documentary on Fergie's first title winning team. All the players being interviewed on it, and Fergie, making a big deal about how important it was to carry on winning and playing properly after the title was won...

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
have to say i think nothing was fitting about that. this is the only title winning side of fergies that have such a tendancy to be shambolic defensively with such regularity. letting a 3 goal lead slip in the last 9 minutes is not fitting.
Cheer up Grumpy.

But there we are, finishing on 89 points, 11 points clear of second. If we were as bad as you think we wouldnt have finished so clear of the pack with so many points.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!

Oh dear....

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Just watching a documentary on Fergie's first title winning team. All the players being interviewed on it, and Fergie, making a big deal about how important it was to carry on winning and playing properly after the title was won...
Like in 93/94 when we drew 0-0 at home to Coventry on final day with the title already won. It was a tumescent performance and nothing game.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Keane had a goal wrongly flagged for offside in that game if I remember right. Awful game but what a season that was.

And what a season this was, to win the league so convincingly after last year has been been the perfect tonic to Aguero's goal. I enjoyed watching Giggs and Scholes on the pitch together for the last time, I don't care that we didn't win even if it was mental that we gave away a three goal lead in the last few minutes

Platato

Psst!
Surrendering a 3 goal lead may be dismissed because it was a dead rubber game but it's something a manager never wants to see his team do. I dont get the need to instantly paint fans as spoilt because they notice common trends as well. We're all different. Some pay more attention to detail than others. Doesn't make you spoilt

The Neviller

At least you never change the shit tune you choose to whistle.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Geez guys, It's the last game for Scholes, Giggs and Ferdinand probably deserves some minutes for their seniority

It's a nothing game, and some are moaning not to win it, we're fecking spoiled i tell ye!

celia

Well the Fergie time was kind of tense... and true a winner in the last minutes would have been better. But it was an entertaining game, with all the United scorers different players, and the surrealistic come-back. I weirdly felt bad for these fans that left after their team was 3 down (so not here to see their team scoring 3, 4 no 5 goals) even if I was annoyed first at "how dared they leave so early even if their team was losing ?".

Overall a fun game, that was more to cheer and have fun... I was happy to see Scholes entering.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
At least you never change the shit tune you choose to whistle.
As long as it keeps happening I'll keep whistling it.

Though it will be somewhat of a challenge for it to keep happening next season. We might have to resort to alternative tactics, such as having some semblence of a functioning midfield on the pitch for the entirety of a game.

The Neviller

As long as it keeps happening I'll keep whistling it.

Though it will be somewhat of a challenge for it to keep happening next season. We might have to resort to alternative tactics, such as having some semblence of a functioning midfield on the pitch for the entirety of a game.
In fairness, the first line of your original post should have also been the only one. But carry on there.

acnumber9

Having the opportunity to watch two legends play together one last time is more important than the result in a dead rubber game. Get a grip.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Having the opportunity to watch two legends play together one last time is more important than the result in a dead rubber game. Get a grip.
Giggs isn't retiring.

A Scholesey farewell is more than earned...except he clearly wasn't anywhere near fit last week so bringing him on for 30 minutes, with Giggs (something which was already a silly idea 4 years ago, when they both were fit), seems quite daft.

Scholes is my favourite ever player, but Ferguson seems completely unwilling to recognise his basic inability to get about the pitch, even after Paul Scholes himself has.

I don't like this idea that it's all a big laugh because we've won the league anyway and who cares...you'd think we've saved the Universe, or broken every football record in existence during the season, or something. It's a competitive game of football, as the Chelsea game was supposed to be. If a purely sentimental kick about is wanted, organise a friendly or testimonial.

acnumber9

Giggs isn't retiring.

A Scholesey farewell is more than earned...except he clearly wasn't anywhere near fit last week so bringing him on for 30 minutes, with Giggs (something which was already a silly idea 4 years ago, when they both were fit), seems quite daft.

Scholes is my favourite ever player, but Ferguson seems completely unwilling to recognise his basic inability to get about the pitch, even after Paul Scholes himself has.

I don't like this idea that it's all a big laugh because we've won the league anyway and who cares...you'd think we've saved the Universe, or broken every football record in existence during the season, or something. It's a competitive game of football, as the Chelsea game was supposed to be. If a purely sentimental kick about is wanted, organise a friendly or testimonial.
If the result of an end of season game with nothing but pride running on it is more important to you than seeing Giggs and Scholes play together one last time then you're beyond help. You should just watch the scores come through on Soccer Saturday. They're all that matter.

Widnes

I'm not sure i could call it fitting and certainly not typical of SAF reign, i can't remember us ever blowing a 3 goal lead inside the last 10 mins against a mid table team during his time so it isn't typical. Yes we do have some crazy games & in the grand scheme of things it wasn't important but all this it's 'fitting' & 'typical united' are just comments to mask that it wasn't the perfect send off for SAF and if that happened at any other time we would all have been furious & embarrassed and the team would have been getting slated.

The Neviller

Yes, but it isn't any other time. It's an end of season game that doesn't matter one single shit, because we won the title weeks ago, and extended the winning margin with our point in the 5-5 draw.

People just like to moan for the sake of moaning. And bringing the Scholes/Giggs midfield into the equation, without having the decency to watch the fecking game is a piss take.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I seem to recall you having a moan in that testimonial we had against Aberdeen last August.