There was something fitting about that

redevil2

Hindsight is great though isn't it, remember Fergie did spend big with little return for some years. Obviously he is a Demi God now!
Everybody can discuss anything with hindsight! There is nothing wrong with that. Those who were in charge had great vision of allowing time for Fergie, whereas some idiots were quick to condemn the manager at times like those time.

It is exactly what Fergie has been condemning how City parted company with Mancini when he had brought the club all the trophies they hadn't won for many years during the three years he's reigning. It is not even about giving patience to managers who didn't deliver. Mancini had delivered.

redevil2

Wind your neck in Noodle, your not on some kind of mission to cure us all of some sickness. Michael Owen has played for Stoke about twice, and they spent the majority of their game singing his name in the hope he'd get a run out on the day he retired. Your response.to Scholes getting his own run out in the last day of his career was to point out that, although you didn't see the game, the BBC Tracker suggests that Scholes coming on coincided with us losing our 3 goal lead.

Well done Noodle, you're less classy than Stoke.
And also I read that Becks played for PSG only from the bench and for a few months. Last week the treatment he received from players and the fans were amazing at his swan song game.

And some United fan couldn't even stand Scholesy playing last 20 mins of the last game of the season! I am speechless!

noodlehair

"It's like..."
It was 30 minutes, and it cost us the game...and I had no problem with him coming on, except he wasn't anywhere near fit and came on WITH Ryan Giggs, with 30 minutes to go. None of this was necessary.

It wasn't a testimonial game. It was a league fixture. Throwing away a three goal lead in a league fixture against West Brom is nothing to be proud of. It goes on the record books as an embarassment.

There's not really that much "fitting" about a Sir Alex Ferguson or Paul Scholes side feebly surrendering a 3 goal lead and failing to win the game, given that it's never once happened before, in over 27 years.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Sunday was about more than a result Noodle.

Mainly because the result meant nothing, and two of our legends called it a day. Your first comment on this thread was pathetic, Noodle, whether you care to admit it or not. Without watching the game you saw fit to insinuate that Scholes cost us points. It just adds up with your relentless whining, moaning and bitching all season about Scholes, Giggs, them playing together and Fergie for having the audacity to select them. It's been endless all year and it's made you look little more than a petty, spoilt, ungrateful wanker.
:lol: excellent.

I whinged about it at the start of the year...then we had to stop doing it because it kept causing us to play terribly.

I'll join the cult of blind grateful worship some other time, maybe.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
It's a nothing game and Scholes was brought on to play for 20 mins. You couldn't even bear that, eh!!

The fact that Lukaku had a good game (a substitute scoring a hat trick) didn't help us. The fact that our 2nd goalie should have at least saved three of the 5 goals (DDG might have stopped even more of the 5), had aggravated the misery but no, you didn't have any of that. You came here to vent your anger accumulated throughout the season as you didn't agree with Fergie's selection.

Without watching the game, you just read about the substitution and concluded that hey this is exactly why Fergie is stupid and why noodlehair has been clever all season. So let's condemn the man and the aged players. They must be the culprits... The last game of the season had just proved you right all season etc.... You were secretly happy we didn't win because if we did, you couldn't come on here and condemn the substitution.

For your information, we don't care we drew. It is like a friendly game when it didn't matter. We are the Champions!
I'm not particularly angry.

I haven't said any of the things you're saying there either...but it is pretty simple to conclude that Scholes is too old to hack it physically in a midfield with Ryan Giggs. One reason for this is that Scholes has himself admitted that he can't hack it physically anymore full stop, by retiring...twice. He also hadn't played in months so was hardly going to spend weeks tirelessly working himself back to full fitness for a 30 minute run out against West Brom.

I don't think I'm being particularly farfetched there. I sort of care that we drew, because we were 3 goals up. The last time United did this, I wasn't alive yet. It's a bit embarassing. Just like the performance at home to Chelsea was quite a lot embarassing.

If we're talking about a fitting send off for Fergie, these kinds of performances pretty much typify the opposite of what's made him so great.

Also, you're doing that irrational thing I said people do..."it was all the goalkeeper's fault, lets lay into him every time he plays"

acnumber9

I haven't said any of the things you're saying there either...but it is pretty simple to conclude that Scholes is too old to hack it physically in a midfield with Ryan Giggs. One reason for this is that Scholes has himself admitted that he can't hack it physically anymore full stop, by retiring...twice. He also hadn't played in months so was hardly going to spend weeks tirelessly working himself back to full fitness for a 30 minute run out against West Brom.

I don't think I'm being particularly farfetched there. I sort of care that we drew, because we were 3 goals up. The last time United did this, I wasn't alive yet. It's a bit embarassing. Just like the performance at home to Chelsea was quite a lot embarassing.

If we're talking about a fitting send off for Fergie, these kinds of performances pretty much typify the opposite of what's made him so great.

Also, you're doing that irrational thing I said people do..."it was all the goalkeeper's fault, lets lay into him every time he plays"
You weren't alive in 1994?

Platato

Psst!
Whether the score line was 5-0, 5-2, 1-0,2-3 or 6-5 I think posters would have found a way to validate it as a fitting send off.

redevil2

I haven't said any of the things you're saying there either...ylude that Scholes is too old to hack it physically in a midfield with Ryan Giggs. One reason for this is that Scholes has himself admitted that he can't hack it physically anymore full stop, by retiring...twice. He also hadn't played in months so was hardly going to spend weeks tirelessly working himself back to full fitness for a 30 minute run out against West Brom.

Scholes is retiring! Your point is neither here nor there. If you feel embarrassing, go support city!!! Or liverpool and see how it feels.

It's quite disgusting how some united fans are spoilt. You must hve been so embarassed when united was not winning anything, or you were born yet? SAF has spoilt you by winning so much you dont know wht it feels by not winning and now you are laying blame on him. Shame on you!

Seriously what's fecking wrong with you? You're talking like you are having a monologue. We were discussing the reason of loss basing on what we witnessed how the goals were conceded, whereas you were complaining wihtout even watching the game and were simply having a go at the substitution on a day when the game was not important but using the ginger prince was important as it is his last game.

Lay into him everytime he plays!? Have You lost your fecking mind!!! You are officially the most idiotic person!

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
People crying about Giggs and Scholes together when it was Scholes last ever game!

The Anderson, Carrick, Cleverley combination that so many were dying to see all season was finally picked though, looked good to me.

Fergus' son

No you don't, you allow your "Passion" to blind you to obvious faults and then instead make irrational claims, insult people, or go on weird crusades against individual players...like that time Berbatov was to blame for us losing to Bayern Munich, despite him being sat on the bench until the 89th minute while Rooney limped around the pitch on one leg. Or when you all spent that season despising Michael Carrick for some reason...or when a midfield of Park and Rafael apparently "should have been good enough to win the game", on the grounds that Fergie picked it and he's never wrong.

It's not that I don't care, I just don't go along with the blinding idiocy. It's what'll turn you all into what Liverpool fans are now in 10-20 years time.

I merely point out things I don't think are very good. In this instance, losing a 3 goal lead with 30 minutes to go...coupled with playing 2 nearly 40 year olds (one of whom isn't match fit) in the same midfield against a fully fit Premiership football team, and thinking this wont pose any problems.

It doesn't matter if it doesn't matter or not, it still isn't very good.

:lol: "haven't had the decency to watch"

Apologies. Next time I'll tell my mate to cancel his wedding as the preperations might mean I can't watch United vs West Brom on a dodgy internet stream. The indecency

Look, again, it's not that I don't care. I care. I cheer when we score. I go to games whenever I can. It's just that, some of you lot are so precious, and vicious in your preciousness, it's literally impossible to resist arguing or winding people up. The nonsense that is spewed on here otherwise would go unchecked and spiral further and further into the rabbit hole, worsening into some kind of extremist cult like fantasy should United ever be knocked off their perch.
I'd honestly rather optimistic perhaps even deluded fans like that at our club rather than pessimistic misery guts like yourself, moaning about every little thing at every single oppurtunity.

redevil2

:lol: excellent.

I whinged about it at the start of the year...then we had to stop doing it because it kept causing us to play terribly.

I'll join the cult of blind grateful worship some other time, maybe.
I don't say this very often to people I don't like becaue they are so idiotic... But I will say this to you: go die! If anyone is blind, it's you. Your brain is also very twisted.

redevil2

I'd honestly rather optimistic perhaps even deluded fans like that at our club rather than pessimistic misery guts like yourself, moaning about every little thing at every single oppurtunity.
Exactly! He's moaning even he hasn't watched the game. I sincerely hope he goes support city or Liverpool from now on. His ageism comments are also very disturbing.

Siorac

I don't say this very often to people I don't like becaue they are so idiotic... But I will say this to you: go die! If anyone is blind, it's you. Your brain is also very twisted.
Jesus Christ.

There's a certain irony in telling someone to "go die" and then accusing them of having a twisted brain.

The Neviller

I think Noodle is a bit of a miserable shite, but telling him to go die is a bit much. I'd rather he just hurt himself a bit and then made a reasonably speedy recovery.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
:lol:

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Scholes is retiring! Your point is neither here nor there. If you feel embarrassing, go support city!!! Or liverpool and see how it feels.

It's quite disgusting how some united fans are spoilt. You must hve been so embarassed when united was not winning anything, or you were born yet? SAF has spoilt you by winning so much you dont know wht it feels by not winning and now you are laying blame on him. Shame on you!

Seriously what's fecking wrong with you? You're talking like you are having a monologue. We were discussing the reason of loss basing on what we witnessed how the goals were conceded, whereas you were complaining wihtout even watching the game and were simply having a go at the substitution on a day when the game was not important but using the ginger prince was important as it is his last game.

Lay into him everytime he plays!? Have You lost your fecking mind!!! You are officially the most idiotic person!
My point has to be somewhere. I'm going to go with here, since I don't know where there is.

Here we go with the spoilt card again. It's hilarious how often I've been called spoilt on here this season. It's like some new trend word...then half the same people using it immediately throw their toys out of the pram because the club appoint David Moyes instead of Mourinho as its next manager. Spoilt is an amusing word.

Yes. Imagine how entertaining this place would be if everyone had to agree with each other and live in happy land with the elves of denial.

I don't trust anything on this forum. I mean, nearly half of you think the Glazers are good owners, yet would probably fight to the hilt if someone claimed United's success was in anyway down to them rather than Fergie. Very little on here makes any sense anymore. It's descended into some weird contest of people trying to prove how much they care.

I don't say this very often to people I don't like becaue they are so idiotic... But I will say this to you: go die!
I can't, I'm not as old as Paul Scholes yet.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Noodles, do your extremely negative rating for this match. It would make a great read. Come on, don't let us folks down, who want you to live a long and happy life, like Paul Scholes will.

Fergus' son

My point has to be somewhere. I'm going to go with here, since I don't know where there is.

Here we go with the spoilt card again. It's hilarious how often I've been called spoilt on here this season. It's like some new trend word...then half the same people using it immediately throw their toys out of the pram because the club appoint David Moyes instead of Mourinho as its next manager. Spoilt is an amusing word.

Yes. Imagine how entertaining this place would be if everyone had to agree with each other and live in happy land with the elves of denial.

I don't trust anything on this forum. I mean, nearly half of you think the Glazers are good owners, yet would probably fight to the hilt if someone claimed United's success was in anyway down to them rather than Fergie. Very little on here makes any sense anymore. It's descended into some weird contest of people trying to prove how much they care.

I can't, I'm not as old as Paul Scholes yet.
Nothing to do with this place, my point was a general one. I'd much rather have fans that are deluded almost to RAWK levels than miserable so and so's who do nothing but moan on SAF's 1500th game, last as manager, and Scholes last ever game.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Then how come I'm the one being told to go and support Liverpool?

Surely you'd be right at home there

Fergus' son

Then how come I'm the one being told to go and support Liverpool?

Surely you'd be right at home there
Because as a Utd fan, you're embarrassing?

Anyway, wasn't me that told you to go support them, though I do agree with the sentiment.

The Neviller

Come on Noodle, surely you can appreciate that bitching about Scholes and insinuating that his introduction to the game cost us points, on the day that he retired from the game, was a bit arsey, no?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Because as a Utd fan, you're embarrassing?

Anyway, wasn't me that told you to go support them, though I do agree with the sentiment.
I thought spoilt was the current buzzword. Are we moving onto embarassing now?

When's your birthday? I'll buy you one of those cult cloak things. You can wear it when adding to your leader/Ferguson bean collection

Fergus' son

I thought spoilt was the current buzzword. Are we moving onto embarassing now?

When's your birthday? I'll buy you one of those cult cloak things. You can wear it when adding to your leader/Ferguson bean collection
Spoilt, embarrassing, ungrateful, boring. Take your pick.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Come on Noodle, surely you can appreciate that bitching about Scholes and insinuating that his introduction to the game cost us points, on the day that he retired from the game, was a bit arsey, no?
I wasn't bitching about Scholes. I said it was unecessary to bring him on, with Giggs, with 30 minutes to go.

Giggs didn't retire on Sunday, and there's nothing to this fallacy that it was really important him and Scholes play together one last time. I mean, was it? Why not re-sign Beckham for one game so he could run around chasing shadows for 30 minutes as well? We might have lost 6-5 that way.

It started as a passing comment anyway. I've been forced to needlessly elaborate by people who care really hard about Manchester United. I enjoy needlessly elaborating as it brings forth abuse and amusingly angry posts.

The Neviller

I wasn't bitching about Scholes. I said it was unecessary to bring him on, with Giggs, with 30 minutes to go.

Giggs didn't retire on Sunday, and there's nothing to this fallacy that it was really important him and Scholes play together one last time. I mean, was it? Why not re-sign Beckham for one game so he could run around chasing shadows for 30 minutes as well? We might have lost 6-5 that way.

It started as a passing comment anyway. I've been forced to needlessly elaborate by people who care really hard about Manchester United. I enjoy needlessly elaborating as it brings forth abuse and amusingly angry posts.
It was a needlessly arsey post. Especially so since you hadn't even watched the game and so had no clue what had led to us losing our lead. You've since followed up with factually incorrect posts about how this has never ever happened before.

You've just been a bit of a turd, really, for most of the season. I suppose at least you showed some consistency by carrying it through to the last day.