There was something fitting about that

noodlehair

"It's like..."
If the result of an end of season game with nothing but pride running on it is more important to you than seeing Giggs and Scholes play together one last time then you're beyond help. You should just watch the scores come through on Soccer Saturday. They're all that matter.
:lol:

"watching Giggs and Scholes play together one last time"

I'll cherish those last 30 minutes at West Brom where we threw away a 3 goal lead and no one will remember or care who was on the pitch in about 6 months time.

The Neviller

You won't remember that Scholes played his last game against West Brom? Was there anything wrong with Ferguson showing a touch of sentimentality, and sticking Scholes on for his farewell performance? Did that match matter for anything at all, other than as a farewell to Fergie and Scholes? Are you this much of a misery all the time, or do you store it up for the caf?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Did he have to do it with 30 minutes left to go when Scholes isn't even fit, and then stick Giggs on for the last 30 minutes as well?

I don't think he did.

And who's to say he wouldn't have done it if we needed to win the game? He's done so numerous times during the season with the notable theme being that we mysteriously turn into a really shit team whenever it happens.

If we want to piss around, there's the entire summer and pre-season to organise a piss around game. Like we did last time Scholes retired, against that team Cantona manages who don't even exist.

And if we had earned any not really be arsed points, we used them all up in one go against Chelsea, basically allowing them to finish in the top four without having to earn it.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
You won't remember that Scholes played his last game against West Brom? Was there anything wrong with Ferguson showing a touch of sentimentality, and sticking Scholes on for his farewell performance? Did that match matter for anything at all, other than as a farewell to Fergie and Scholes? Are you this much of a misery all the time, or do you store it up for the caf?

No one can be that miserable all the time!

acnumber9

"watching Giggs and Scholes play together one last time"

I'll cherish those last 30 minutes at West Brom where we threw away a 3 goal lead and no one will remember or care who was on the pitch in about 6 months time.
The 30 minutes of the game you didn't bother watching. You can get an app to give you scores if you can't be arsed watching and have no interest in soaking up every last second of a couple of legends playing together.

The Neviller

Did he have to do it with 30 minutes left to go when Scholes isn't even fit, and then stick Giggs on for the last 30 minutes as well?

I don't think he did.

And who's to say he wouldn't have done it if we needed to win the game? He's done so numerous times during the season with the notable theme being that we mysteriously turn into a really shit team whenever it happens.

If we want to piss around, there's the entire summer and pre-season to organise a piss around game. Like we did last time Scholes retired, against that team Cantona manages who don't even exist.

And if we had earned any not really be arsed points, we used them all up in one go against Chelsea, basically allowing them to finish in the top four without having to earn it.
I wish we could still post pictures in the football forum, I think someone yawning and Fergie holding the premier league trophy aloft would fit in here.

Seriously Noodle, lighten up. You're a young man, right? Nobody needs to be this serious. It was a dead rubber tie after we'd won the league. It doesn't matter, in the slightest.

And as you say, Scholes is gone so you won't have to endure him any longer.

Also, Fergie has retired too, so you won't have to endure another season of shit decisions, shit team selections, shit football and shittily winning the premier league.

johnmufc

I don't think he did.

I agree. Ferguson was not taking the match seriously. He had Evra begin to warm up despite the fact that the three substitutions had already been made. Bizarre and embarrassing.

The Neviller

Yeah, awfully embarrassing. I nearly feel like not accepting our title win out of pure embarrassment and disgust.

I might even turn Match of The Day over next season at the point in the opening titles where the premier league trophy is raised, and flick it back on 30 seconds later, just to avoid the embarrassment of seeing us lift the title because of our shameful and disgusting antics on the final day.

Seriously, what fecking planet do some of you live on?

acnumber9

Yeah, awfully embarrassing. I nearly feel like not accepting our title win out of pure embarrassment and disgust.

I might even turn Match of The Day over next season at the point in the opening titles where the premier league trophy is raised, and flick it back on 30 seconds later, just to avoid the embarrassment of seeing us lift the title because of our shameful and disgusting antics on the final day.

Seriously, what fecking planet do some of you live on?
If johnmufc is agreeing with you then you know you're having a mare.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
The 30 minutes of the game you didn't bother watching. You can get an app to give you scores if you can't be arsed watching and have no interest in soaking up every last second of a couple of legends playing together.
I wasn't able to watch it. I can't say I'm particularly interested in seeing the last 30 minutes now either though. It doesn't seem like the sort of thing I'd particularly want to soak up.

I can just see in 20 years time, looking through the archives, and picking out Scholes and Giggs's glorious last hoorah together away at West Brom, when they came on and helped throw away a 3 goal lead for the first and only time in their manager's 27 year reign.

Epic stuff. Glad it happened.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I was very happy with that match. This season our football has been a bit dull at times but yesterday's performance was fantastic to watch. Apt that our last game under fergie is hugely entertaining.

redevil2

I don't think he did.

This is really sad comment coming from a united fan. Maybe you should just stick to following football. Why pretend to care about United when you really don't?!

I agree. Ferguson was not taking the match seriously. He had Evra begin to warm up despite the fact that the three substitutions had already been made. Bizarre and embarrassing.
It's embarrassing reading idiotic post like this!

redevil2

I wasn't able to watch it. I can't say I'm particularly interested in seeing the last 30 minutes now either though. It doesn't seem like the sort of thing I'd particularly want to soak up.

I can just see in 20 years time, looking through the archives, and picking out Scholes and Giggs's glorious last hoorah together away at West Brom, when they came on and helped throw away a 3 goal lead for the first and only time in their manager's 27 year reign.

Epic stuff. Glad it happened.
Are you mentally ill?

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Maybe Evra fancied a warm up even though he wasnt playing?

He barely ever gets left out. Maybe he simply wanted to stretch.

You twat

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Are you mentally ill?
No, it's just too tempting to wind up the uptight/United can do no wrong brigade whenever I come in here.

I also don't think throwing away a 3 goal lead in 30 minutes is particularely impressive, under any circumstance. In fact it's quite a bit embarassing professionally. Roy Keane would have been kicking lumps out of anything that moved by the end.

Perhaps you are right. Perhaps I don't care about United enough in my life. I am unfullfilled.

Hold me.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
No, it's just too tempting to wind up the uptight/United can do no wrong brigade whenever I come in here.

Perhaps you are right. Perhaps I don't care about United enough in my life. I am unfullfilled.

Hold me.

redevil2

Hold me.
You wear tinted glasses coming on here and it's incredibly unfair to we reasonable united fans. Supporting a team takes a lot of erergy and passion which is not easily understood by outsiders. The "united can do no wrong" description is hugely distorted. It is more like, if they do anything wrong, you try to understand and be constructive in criticism.

Perhaps it is a good idea for you to take up some other hobby if supporting United has proven not successful for you. It would be a challenge for us to convince you what it takes to support Fergie and to respect him even when he's retired. He's spent over 2 and half decades giving his all taking us and placing where we are in the history of football. It's hugely disrespectful to anyone who carries united in their hearts, of you to come on here to criticise the game you even haven't had the decency to watch.

The Neviller

But, but, Scholes is his favouritist player.

The only good thing about Scholes retiring is that Noodle won't moan about him anymore. Though I'm sure he'll find a way. Let's get him on the coaching staff so Noodle can question what he actually does and perhaps point out that he doesn't even pop balloons.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
You wear tinted glasses coming on here and it's incredibly unfair to we reasonable united fans. Supporting a team takes a lot of erergy and passion which is not easily understood by outsiders. The "united can do no wrong" description is hugely distorted. It is more like, if they do anything wrong, you try to understand and be constructive in criticism.
No you don't, you allow your "Passion" to blind you to obvious faults and then instead make irrational claims, insult people, or go on weird crusades against individual players...like that time Berbatov was to blame for us losing to Bayern Munich, despite him being sat on the bench until the 89th minute while Rooney limped around the pitch on one leg. Or when you all spent that season despising Michael Carrick for some reason...or when a midfield of Park and Rafael apparently "should have been good enough to win the game", on the grounds that Fergie picked it and he's never wrong.

It's not that I don't care, I just don't go along with the blinding idiocy. It's what'll turn you all into what Liverpool fans are now in 10-20 years time.

I merely point out things I don't think are very good. In this instance, losing a 3 goal lead with 30 minutes to go...coupled with playing 2 nearly 40 year olds (one of whom isn't match fit) in the same midfield against a fully fit Premiership football team, and thinking this wont pose any problems.

It doesn't matter if it doesn't matter or not, it still isn't very good.

Perhaps it is a good idea for you to take up some other hobby if supporting United has proven not successful for you. It would be a challenge for us to convince you what it takes to support Fergie and to respect him even when he's retired. He's spent over 2 and half decades giving his all taking us and placing where we are in the history of football. It's hugely disrespectful to anyone who carries united in their hearts, of you to come on here to criticise the game you even haven't had the decency to watch.
:lol: "haven't had the decency to watch"

Apologies. Next time I'll tell my mate to cancel his wedding as the preperations might mean I can't watch United vs West Brom on a dodgy internet stream. The indecency

Look, again, it's not that I don't care. I care. I cheer when we score. I go to games whenever I can. It's just that, some of you lot are so precious, and vicious in your preciousness, it's literally impossible to resist arguing or winding people up. The nonsense that is spewed on here otherwise would go unchecked and spiral further and further into the rabbit hole, worsening into some kind of extremist cult like fantasy should United ever be knocked off their perch.

The Neviller

Wind your neck in Noodle, your not on some kind of mission to cure us all of some sickness. Michael Owen has played for Stoke about twice, and they spent the majority of their game singing his name in the hope he'd get a run out on the day he retired. Your response.to Scholes getting his own run out in the last day of his career was to point out that, although you didn't see the game, the BBC Tracker suggests that Scholes coming on coincided with us losing our 3 goal lead.

Well done Noodle, you're less classy than Stoke.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I wouldn't use Stoke fans as a barometer of anything other than shit hair cuts, by the way.

Remember when Andy Wilkinson got sent off for Stoke after a stupid kick out at Ronaldo, costing them the game, and their fans all applauded him off the pitch as some kind of hero?

The Neviller

I wouldn't use Stoke fans as a barometer of anything other than shit hair cuts, by the way.

Remember when Andy Wilkinson got sent off for Stoke after a stupid kick out at Ronaldo, costing them the game, and their fans all applauded him off the pitch as some kind of hero?
That was precisely my point. They're Neanderthal bell ends, and they showed a guy who has played for them for 5 minutes more respect on the day of his retirement than you showed a legend who has played for this club all his career.

Again, well done Noodle, you're less classy than Stoke.

SER19

Don't be grumpy! People like you always have something to complain about. If we have won 1-0 you would have complained we didn't score more and the players don't play well to send fergie off. You will never be pleased unless we won 5-0. It's a thrilling scoreline and unlike some have opined, it is not a reflection of quality of our team. We will miss fergie starting from today!

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I don't think we particularly needed to bring on an unfit Paul Scholes, WITH a 38 year old Ryan Giggs, with 30 minutes to go. We could have brought Scholes on later, or brought Giggs on later rather than with him. Hardly the most scaving outburst of disrespect.

The last charge of he elites doesn't really have the same effect if they end up gunned down on the beach, by West Brom.

Siorac

But what does it matter? It was a nothing game which turned into a testimonial when we went 5-2 up. We forgot to tell Lukaku about that, true, but it was essentially a celebratory kickabout by the end. It was a bit crazy but ultimately irrelevant, like testimonials usually are.

The Neviller

I don't think we particularly needed to bring on an unfit Paul Scholes, WITH a 38 year old Ryan Giggs, with 30 minutes to go. We could have brought Scholes on later, or brought Giggs on later rather than with him. Hardly the most scaving outburst of disrespect.

The last charge of he elites doesn't really have the same effect if they end up gunned down on the beach, by West Brom.
Sunday was about more than a result Noodle.

Mainly because the result meant nothing, and two of our legends called it a day. Your first comment on this thread was pathetic, Noodle, whether you care to admit it or not. Without watching the game you saw fit to insinuate that Scholes cost us points. It just adds up with your relentless whining, moaning and bitching all season about Scholes, Giggs, them playing together and Fergie for having the audacity to select them. It's been endless all year and it's made you look little more than a petty, spoilt, ungrateful wanker.

redevil2

It's a nothing game and Scholes was brought on to play for 20 mins. You couldn't even bear that, eh!!

The fact that Lukaku had a good game (a substitute scoring a hat trick) didn't help us. The fact that our 2nd goalie should have at least saved three of the 5 goals (DDG might have stopped even more of the 5), had aggravated the misery but no, you didn't have any of that. You came here to vent your anger accumulated throughout the season as you didn't agree with Fergie's selection.

Without watching the game, you just read about the substitution and concluded that hey this is exactly why Fergie is stupid and why noodlehair has been clever all season. So let's condemn the man and the aged players. They must be the culprits... The last game of the season had just proved you right all season etc.... You were secretly happy we didn't win because if we did, you couldn't come on here and condemn the substitution.

For your information, we don't care we drew. It is like a friendly game when it didn't matter. We are the Champions!

Sir A1ex

I don't mind the result, and the match was vertainly entertaining. But however you look at it, surrendering a 3 goal lead for the only time in Fergie's United career isn't an ideal way to go out.

If it had been a 3-2, 3-4, 4-4, 4-5, 5-5 sort of match I'd be perfectly happy with it.

I'm just glad we didn't let them grab a winner. Having never lost from 2 goals up, it would be awful for SAF to sign off by losing from 3 goals up.

redevil2

I don't mind the result, and the match was vertainly entertaining. But however you look at it, surrendering a 3 goal lead for the only time in Fergie's United career isn't an ideal way to go out.

If it had been a 3-2, 3-4, 4-4, 4-5, 5-5 sort of match I'd be perfectly happy with it.

I'm just glad we didn't let them grab a winner. Having never lost from 2 goals up, it would be awful for SAF to sign off by losing from 3 goals up.
Of course we were all gutted we lost from 3 goals up. It is never a United way but things happened and I think the players were not happy the way they sent off the boss.

At the end of the day, if it is not the last game of Fergie or Scholes, the lineup would have certainly different (DDG would have started, Scholes might not be even playing, Carricks would not have been named captain... etc). So for some people on here to criticise the lineup or substitution is neither here nor there.

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
Had a win been absolutely necessary to regain the prem trophy, I have no doubt whatsoever we would have gotten the win. I wouldn't read too much into what happened yesterday and I'm quite sure neither Fergie nor Moyes are pending in their pants right now.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Hindsight is great though isn't it, remember Fergie did spend big with little return for some years. Obviously he is a Demi God now!
You talking about 3 seasons with out a title about 10 years ago? When we compensated that with 2 cups.

It was the best barren spell for any club ever.