Thiago Alcantara at Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackwidow

Yep. I also think that you should have increased Kroos wage and keep him. Thiago-Kroos-Muller-Gotze-Levandovski and a defensive midfielder would have been fantastic and still quite young.
No. Watch Thiago - not the skills - and then Kroos at Bayern - and you will exactly know why Bayern did not wanted to give him the wage or put him into a wage category he wanted to get into.

Thiago is skilled on the ball etc. - that is one of the stories. But he fights and goes into duels, he tracks back when the ball is lost, he tries to push his fellows. He is more the spanish/brazilian kind of midfield general - or he is going to be. And from that what you see from outside he seems to be a great person in the dressing room, too.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
How could Barca be so stupid and just let him go like that? He should have got way more game time than he did.
Well, he just didn't light-up the field whenever he got a chance. Potential was there to see, but his execution, concentration was lacking in games. And between him and Cesc, it was always going to be only 1 guy who could play. With him being always injury prone, it was always a risk with him. Cesc also didn't work out either. His brother on other hand is more physical guy, doesn't have his fancy footwork or vision but a total fighter.
BTW, we have Denis Suárez who's having a good season for Sevilla. Likely to stay another season, before coming back to Barca next season. The guy is an absolute joy to watch.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Well, he just didn't light-up the field whenever he got a chance. Potential was there to see, but his execution, concentration was lacking in games. And between him and Cesc, it was always going to be only 1 guy who could play. With him being always injury prone, it was always a risk with him. Cesc also didn't work out either. His brother on other hand is more physical guy, doesn't have his fancy footwork or vision but a total fighter.
BTW, we have Denis Suárez who's having a good season for Sevilla. Likely to stay another season, before coming back to Barca next season. The guy is an absolute joy to watch.
Thiago always played well when he was given a chance though. I think Xavi being played on painkillers instead of Thiago AFTER the league was won was the last straw. Can't blame him for leaving.

Much better fit than Cesc, and a better player when not injured.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
Thiago always played well when he was given a chance though. I think Xavi being played on painkillers instead of Thiago AFTER the league was won was the last straw. Can't blame him for leaving.

True, but who in Barca could stop Xavi/Messi from playing if they wanted? Not a logical thing, but it happens when the player has a big influence. His injury record though is a major concern. They should develop some special scheme for him, like it was done for Messi when Pep became manager.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Thiago is great but not as good as some in here think he is or can be.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
True, but who in Barca could stop Xavi/Messi from playing if they wanted? Not a logical thing, but it happens when the player has a big influence. His injury record though is a major concern. They should develop some special scheme for him, like it was done for Messi when Pep became manager.
I think if Xavi had been rested more (with Thiago getting more minutes), Barça would have been in a much better position - Xavi's level probably wouldn't have dipped so quickly and you'd probably have Thiago ready to take over in midfield now.

Fully agree about injury record though, that's a major concern. He's not reliable enough at the minute, not like it's been the same injury either, he's picked up a lot of different ones.

Revan

Assumptionman

Completely agree. In fact, I think that was the opinion of most Barca fans back then too.

Status
Not open for further replies.