Thiago Alcantara at Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Let's see how he performs at Bayern... Hope he has destroyed his career.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Boooooo (in German).

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Be classy man. The press made some fans believe he was destined to come here the way things moved with Bayern I don't think that was the case.

We tend to miss out on players from the continent I wonder how this club is viewed by them...

Varun

Staff
I wish him well, wonderful player. Do think Pep's biggest challenge now would be keep all his players happy. Incredible talent there. And i hope we swoop in if there's any chance to get 1 of them next season if things dont go as planned.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Let's hope Pep has fecked up by having too many midfielders.

Castia

Gutted to have missed out on him, we have wanted a midfielder for years now and he would have been well worth the wait.

With that out of the way I think he will go on and be a top player for Bayern, surely Pep has guaranteed him games and with the players he's got around him he will probably go on to be one of the best midfielders in the world. Bayern though...what a squad they have now. Adding Goetze and Thiago to a treble winning side is crazy, they have the best squad in the world by some distance. If we wasn't already miles behind Bayern then this summer they have stretched even further ahead, it really goes to show how we need 2-3 top quality players (namely midfielders).

fanutd

Good luck to him. Not pleased that we missed out on him, but this isn't the first time nor it will be the last. No need to get personal over a player choosing another club, however frustrating it may be.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Let's see how he performs at Bayern... Hope he has destroyed his career.

Harsh.

He's chosen to play under a manager whom he knows and trusts. Guardiola's flirting with him ("It's Thiago or nobody") will also have turned his head, although I suspect Thiago's mind was made up by then. Thiago left Barcelona because he wanted to earn a place in Spain's World Cup squad, and it's fair to say he entrusted Guardiola to help him achieve this over Moyes, or whomever else was in for him.

The writing was on the wall when this signing wasn't announced by us a few weeks back. Thiago was obviously deliberately stalling hoping a better deal would come on the table.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It's a shame we missed out on him, he's an excellent young player and I hope he flourishes at Bayern.

That's what I would say if I wasn't a petty fecker. Rot on the bench, prickface.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
"If it ain't broke don't fix it"

"Too many cooks spoil the broth"

Hopefully... :lol:

Seriously though, feck Pep. Takes on his second team, first he inherited a Ferrari, now a Veyron. I'd love to see how he drives in a Vaulkswagen.

Revan

Assumptionman
I have been saying that he's gonna be the best midfielder in the world for a number of years and still believe that this will be the case. Shame that we missed on it but I completely understand his decision. Going to play under the person who has helped him that much in his career is a no-brainer decision, Life goes on, hopefully we're going to sign a couple of good midfielders this season, but I can't help to think of how good would have been for us if he joined United.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He will play more than enough at bayern. He was supposedly pep's one request to the board. Doubt he would have made thiago such a big priority without intending to make him important.

Sam

Bayern managed two snatch up two of the biggest midfield talents in the world in one transfer window. Not too shabby.
All for what, £50 million odd? Brilliant business.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I bet Pep signs someone else as well. "Thiago is all I want" my ass.

Revan

Assumptionman
From Barcelona's bench to Munich's. Well done
Not at all. If Pep promised him then he has nothing to worry about it. He played in 45 games in Pep's last season at Barca.

Are people really going to follow him especially?
Personally yes, cause I like how he play and have been following him for a number of years.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
I couldn't care less how he does at Bayern. They're most likely going to steamroller the Bundesliga and, for me, they're the favourites to to be the first team to win the CL in consecutive seasons. I sincerely hope that Moyes has a few tricks up his sleeve and that we meet them at some stage in the CL and knock them out. Only then will I have had my muppet revenge.

Castia

Bayern dont feck about do they. In the last year alone they have paid the buyout in Martinez, Goetze and now Thaigo's contract. 3 of the best young players in European football.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
I couldn't care less how he does at Bayern. They're most likely going to steamroller the Bundesliga and, for me, they're the favourites to to be the first team to win the CL in consecutive seasons. I sincerely hope that Moyes has a few tricks up his sleeve and that we meet them at some stage in the CL and knock them out. Only then will I have had my muppet revenge.

:lol: Muppets revenge the third sweetest kind.

Art

Art the artist
Bayern dont feck about do they. In the last year alone they have paid the buyout in Martinez, Goetze and now Thaigo's contract. 3 of the best young players in European football.
Well, they are willing to pay the price.

Drifter

American
I'm guessing this thread will not reach three hundred plus pages.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I genuinely thought by the end of July he would be either a Barca player or a United player. Even when Madrid and Chelsea stuck their oar in, I believed we were his only destination if he chose to left.

Shite.

He's a great player. I think he's got the potential to be the best. Gutted we missed out on him, since he's someone who is very good now, and will only continue to get better, and also that he was available for such a low figure, considering his talent.

So, why did Bayern overpay? Was it so Pep could say sorry for slagging off the Barca big cheeses?

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
Martinez and Thiago and both are at freaking Bayern.
Yeah, apart from those though.
Bayern's squad looks amazing on paper. One of the best squads ever I think, especially in midfield.
I would have imagined Bayern would spend 25 odd million to get Lewandowski now than wait till next year. It would have been some insane team.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I think Pep might not play with a recognized CF and instead play Goetze or Muller as a "false 9" using Mandzukic as a backup option. That should create room for Thiago to play lots of games in midfield. I also don't think Robben will be first choice and perhaps Ribery as well simply because in the past Pep hasn't necessarily used direct wingers as a Plan A option.

Castia

Well, they are willing to pay the price.

I think all 3 were great deals though, especially Thiago and Goetze. Martinez is probably a little overpriced but he's a top player and will be part of their squad for the next 10 seasons (unless they sell him , highly unlikely though) he's worth every penny they paid for him.

The Neviller

I hate to say I called it, but....

Bit of a shitter, this one. If we were genuinely in for him it's disappointing to miss out. Wonder just how much of the Twitter guff was genuine, and how close we ever were to signing him.

Ah well, I'm sure we'll cope.

Status
Not open for further replies.