Thiago Alcantara | Pool bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

4 year deal agreed between Thiago and Liverpool

Bayern and Liverpool still have to come to an agreement but apparently Thiago has already picked out his house in England

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits

Bayern and Liverpool still have to come to an agreement but apparently Thiago has already picked out his house in England
Hope it's a house with good security.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
He'll be very good for Liverpool no doubt, very good signing and insanely cheap for them considering the price.

Probably the deal of the season.

Betson

Great signing for Liverpool , and at a very good price.

They have just got even stronger.

dbs235

Great signing for Liverpool , and at a very good price.

They have just got even stronger.
Pretty much the only way they could have improved their starting 11. Well I suppose they could upgrade on Firmino, depending on how much you buy into the narrative that he's neccessary for Mane and Salah to do their thing.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
The only promising thing for opposition fans with this transfer is the entire spine of the team is 28-29 years old now, apart from the full-backs.

They will have a Barcelona situation on their hands in a few years time.

Players like Werner would have been better in terms of longevity and age, but Thiago is an immediate improvement for them to challenge again next year.

macheda14

I mean the whole issue has been Liverpool not wanting to pay the full 30 mill, which is crazy. So we can dream that they’ll still be as stubborn.

AFC NimbleThumb

We can’t have every player. He’s obviously a very good player but his purchase isn’t decisive in our progress.

Will be interesting to see how Klopp utilities him.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

....Basically half the price of Fred...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
No idea how well he'll do for them. But isn't he supposed to be a proper playmaker in the Modric mould? If so then just the kind of CM we need. But I'm not sure about his injury record.

RedStarUnited

Why have bayern sold him? Was his contract ending next season?
Yep, and they offered him a contract and he is happy with it but he wants a new challenge.

I dont get why we don't want him by the way. Liverpool have as many starting midfielders as we do if not more. And we should be in for him even if its just to get Liverpool to pay more in fee/salary.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
We’re doomed. This guys a ball hog and he’ll be an even bigger tease whenever Liverpool are in the lead. Basically shut the shop down.

Will be massive against top 6 teams too. Will be fun to watch him take city and pep back to school.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We can’t have every player. He’s obviously a very good player but his purchase isn’t decisive in our progress.

Will be interesting to see how Klopp utilities him.
In my opinion he's decsivie to any team. This is sort of like Fabinho all over again, obvious transfer goes astray on our radar.

Hansinity

Supports
Bayern Munich
Yep, and they offered him a contract and he is happy with it but he wants a new challenge.

I dont get why we don't want him by the way. Liverpool have as many starting midfielders as we do if not more. And we should be in for him even if its just to get Liverpool to pay more in fee/salary.
I believe Liverpool is the only club he would leave Bayern for. From the beginning it was about Liverpool.

Absolutely amazing signing for Liverpool, especially considering the price. If it weren't his injuries I am sure he would have been consistently a top 3 , if not the best CM in recent years. Just hope he stays injury free for a longer time.

Rolaholic

No idea how well he'll do for them. But isn't he supposed to be a proper playmaker in the Modric mould? If so then just the kind of CM we need. But I'm not sure about his injury record.
He's a classy player and has been a real quality deep-lying playmaker for Bayern since they sold Kroos. He's only going to make their attack that much more potent under Klopp with his skillset and all the chances he'll be able to create for them when he's on the pitch.

The only real potential downside for them would be his injury history but he'll definitely make them better when he's actually fit as much as that pains me to think about :lol::mad:

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
We’re doomed. This guys a ball hog and he’ll be an even bigger tease whenever Liverpool are in the lead. Basically shut the shop down.

Will be massive against top 6 teams too. Will be fun to watch him take city and pep back to school.
Also forgot how valuable he’ll be for them in Europe. That’s probably a huge reason Liverpool went for him. They need him when playing Spanish opposition and Bayern etc

Blood Mage

Great player and potentially a great signing for the dippers, lets just hope he continues to live up to his reputation of being a crock and doesn't magically become unbreakable like all of their other players.

amolbhatia50k

Also forgot how valuable he’ll be for them in Europe. That’s probably a huge reason Liverpool went for him. They need him when playing Spanish opposition and Bayern etc
Yep. Midfielders like him can make them an even bigger force in the CL

amolbhatia50k

Hoping his age and Pl being a new experience stops this from being a success

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
There's no way he'd have chosen us over Liverpool and Klopp.
He was an obvious transfer well before Klopp walked in and shower an interest.

Even VVD was. He was showing perfect performances for Celtic and after his first season or two with Southampton.

Ekeke

He's added to his game defensively since going to Bayern and a bit less creative. Thats why he'll work at Liverpool where Keita for example hasnt made himself a starter

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Yep. Midfielders like him can make them an even bigger force in the CL
Hoping his age and Pl being a new experience stops this from being a success
He’ll be used cautiously. Probably not as much in the PL. Their PL midfield is pretty much set. Thiago will most likely be used against top 6 and in CL games.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Be interesting to see the effect he has. Liverpool are perfectly balanced, in part because their midfield is completely workhorse. Thiago works hard but he's very different to Wijnaldum.
I wonder if Trent or Robertson have to think twice about bombing forward. Will their defence get as much protection?

From a footballing POV, I'm interested to see what Klopp does this with this team now. From a United POV, I hope he flops something silly!

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I don’t like signing older players on loads of money but this guy doesn’t particularly rely on physical attributes. He’s just a beautiful balanced footballer. He’s been there and done it. His experience would be invaluable behind our young attack. He could rotate with any of the 3 midfielders and would get lots of football. He would be a cracking signing. It’s just too obvious. A Swiss Army knife signing for the midfield.

a poster above mentioned Barca should consider bringing him back. I don’t think that’s a bad shout. Think about how high the standard has been at barca when you’ve owned top players like Thiago and Coutinho and they couldn’t get into your team but they are now whipping you in the CL and you got feck all money for them. Crazy. I still can’t believe we didn’t sign him in 2013. Sobs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.