Thiago Alcantara | Pool bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

Well given that the quoted fee is already set at £25m, that's kind of irrelevant right now whether or not we've sent Bayern a bid yet. Makes sense to contact the agent and get everything agreed with the player first and then pay up what Bayern want the same way we did with VDB

I'm encouraged by the fact that we're apparently in touch with his camp already,would be quite sweet getting him from right under the bin dippers' noses :drool:

sp_107

Well given that the quoted fee is set at £25m, that's kind of irrelevant right now. Makes sens to contact the agent and get everything agreed with the player first and then pay up what Bayern want the same way we did with VDB

I'm encouraged by the fact that we're apparently in touch with his camp already,would be quite sweet getting him from right under the bin duippers' noses :drool:
Agreed, I hope verbally agreeing to join us in 2013 but changing their mind in last min might do us a favour here, so he can fulfil his promise now. Just to satisfy his morale but he is absolutely earned the right to pick his own choice and I hope that is UTD this time

RedDevilRoshi

Well given that the quoted fee is already set at £25m, that's kind of irrelevant right now whether or not we've sent Bayern a bid yet. Makes sense to contact the agent and get everything agreed with the player first and then pay up what Bayern want the same way we did with VDB

I'm encouraged by the fact that we're apparently in touch with his camp already,would be quite sweet getting him from right under the bin dippers' noses :drool:
Correct.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
This definitely has legs! I hope that we get rid of Fred and add Thiago. Not much of an age difference but in quality there's not even a question. I thought we were thrown into the mix just to make Liverpool pay up but doesn't look like that.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I have made my mind up, sign him up :drool:
How do you improve a team who posted 96+ points 2 years in a row?

We can all see Liverpools midfield could be improved: if they get Thiago, they'll be untouchable for another year.

sp_107

if we got Thiago in 2013 and Kroos in 2014, would we have faired a lot better in last 7 years OR they might have failed too like few others?

I really feel sad we were so close to these 2 signings but never materialised, I put these 2 after Ronaldinho miss. you guys feel the same way or you think we missed better players than these 2.

Pace Abuser

if we got Thiago in 2013 and Kroos in 2014, would we have faired a lot better in last 7 years OR they might have failed too like few others?

I really feel sad we were so close to these 2 signings but never materialised, I put these 2 after Ronaldinho miss. you guys feel the same way or you think we missed better players than these 2.
The greatest miss was not getting Klopp or Pep at the time. Nothing will compare to that.

hubbuh

Fergie always used to say when a player of a certain quality is available you sign him, regardless of how he fits into the team. I'm sure he didn't expect that to be taken quite so literally but in this instance it holds credo.

Rolaholic

Fergie always used to say when a player of a certain quality is available you sign him, regardless of how he fits into the team. I'm sure he didn't expect that to be taken quite so literally but in this instance it holds credo.
Especially when said player is going for peanuts after coming off being an important contributor on a treble winning side.

I'm glad we're kicking the tires here even if it doesn't end up happening, it'd be negligent on the clubs part ignoring quality like that when available.

If we do end up pulling it off we'll have one of the most formidable midfield depth in Europe let alone the Premier League by adding with him and VDB and preventing a rival from strengthening greatly.

A genuine top class deep lying playmaker could just be what Bruno and Pogba need

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

we needed a modern manager to take the organisation forward as much as we needed better signings. I think we obviously could have built a great team around Thiago and Kroos but with Moyes or LVG in charge I think it would have all ended in tears either way

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I have made my mind up, sign him up :drool:
Oh, stop it! My heart won't take another disappointment.

Dissing Thiago is the worst thing that Giggs had ever done, and that's saying something!

mav_9me

I have been out of the loop for a couple of days. What has changed thats making people think he might be a real option for us?

Thanks for any replies

Traub

Have we ever had two transfer sagas on the same player with both ending in tears?

croadyman

I have been out of the loop for a couple of days. What has changed thats making people think he might be a real option for us?

Thanks for any replies
Mainly Falk & Fjortoft suggesting we are interested in him but the scousers are still the front runners

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Have we ever had two transfer sagas on the same player with both ending in tears?
There is no saga for this one. It's mostly wishful thinking. There is no concrete report that we are even negotiating

croadyman

There is no saga for this one. It's mostly wishful thinking. There is no concrete report that we are even negotiating
Yeah basically there is a slim possibility of us stepping in if Liverpool decided to walk away from a player for the second time this summer

VanGaalEra

Sport saying Wijnaldum to Barca is close, would be the end of this. He’d end up at the dippers.

Chief123

This is just a distraction from the Sancho saga. We need to channel all our efforts over there.

There is nothing to see here. He is most certainly going to Liverpool.

Thread locked.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I think this’ll happen once Wijnaldum leaves, which is sounding extremely likely now.

Status
Not open for further replies.