Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
20 passing on mine. Class for me. It's back on.

In real life, he can not only pass well but dribble too, he'll not only bring his abilities-- passing, dribbling, pressing-- but take a lot of responsibilities off Carrick too. Next season is going to be glorious..

wonnie

Ronaldo was less know before we have signed him (at 18 years of age which is the case), but saying that he was in a category similar to Rafael was way over. Remember after we have played Sporting in friendly the whole team was begging Fergie to sign him, so I think most who have played against him or watched him playing (not many) would think he is dead cert world class player.
That's exactly my point though, hardly anyone would've seen Ronaldo play until he signed for us aside from that game in pre season against us. There was a distinct lack of hype surrounding him (again understandably so being 18) but age doesn't come into it - my argument was that "Thiago is the first player in a long, long time we could sign who is young, and has the talent to become a genuine future world class player at the time they are linked with us/sign for us". Forget everything Ronaldo has achieved and rewind back to the summer of 2003, there was a distinct lack of hype or belief that Ronaldo would become one of the best in the world when he signed for us. I think a lot of you are bringing his subsequent achievements in his career into it which should not count in this argument.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
Ronaldo was less know before we have signed him (at 18 years of age which is the case), but saying that he was in a category similar to Rafael was way over. Remember after we have played Sporting in friendly the whole team was begging Fergie to sign him, so I think most who have played against him or watched him playing (not many) would think he is dead cert world class player.
But we signed Rafael & Fabio before even they were 18, who knows how they'd have developed outside United?

Everest Red

Reddest ever
That's exactly my point though, hardly anyone would've seen Ronaldo play until he signed for us aside from that game in pre season against us. There was a distinct lack of hype surrounding him (again understandably so being 18) but age doesn't come into it - my argument was that "Thiago is the first player in a long, long time we could sign who is young, and has the talent to become a genuine future world class player at the time they are linked with us/sign for us". Forget everything Ronaldo has achieved and rewind back to the summer of 2003, there was a distinct lack of hype or belief that Ronaldo would become one of the best in the world when he signed for us. I think a lot of you are bringing his subsequent achievements in his career into it which should not count in this argument.
Exactly, Quaresma was widely considered as a better player than Ronaldo. This is the biggest signing since RVP and Rooney..

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Less Ronaldo talk. More Alcantara. We'll have a whole boat load of Ronaldo muppetry coming up after this signing. Save it for then.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
I "work" at a lab. It's an astrochemistry lab and my job is very simple: I get paid for using the Caf. Today, I took two naps and went out clubbing. I have had trouble sleeping of late. I am also looking after my roommates cats, and it's keeping me awake-- bastard wont stop meowing..

I am starting a new job on Monday. I will not have any time after that. However, I'll have a feck ton of money..

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I "work" at a lab. It's an astrochemistry lab and my job is very simple: I get paid for using the Caf. Today, I took two naps and went out clubbing. I have had trouble sleeping of late. I am also looking after my roommates cats, and it's keeping me awake-- bastard wont stop meowing..

I am starting a new job on Monday. I will not have any time after that. However, I'll have a feck ton of money..
Think you missed what I did there.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Haven't heard anything in a few hours...it's off again.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I doubt any transfer takes place without 'tapping' a player up. Besides who cares?

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Can you really "tap up" a player who has a release clause? I mean technically the fee has already been agreed.

Woodzy

Dear Barcelona,

Please find attached our formal offer, which we believe matches the release clause of the player in question. Therefore, please deliver Thiago Alcantara to Manchester within 24 hours and feck off.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I'll be delighted if that's actually true, plenty of room for bigger contracts as he develops He's surely worth more than that though? Didn't Anderson sign on £55k a week 7 years ago?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee

Just an observation on the 4.4m Euros. The Spanish press almost always talk about net pay after tax, so that 4.4 if correct would cost us about 8m euros, or about £130k per week. Putting him in one of our highest wage bands.

It wouldn't surprise me if we have offered that, we're trying to push him and there are other suitors, but it also wouldn't surprise me if the press are just guessing numbers to show why Barcelona can't keep him (it's roughly the same money that Xavi's on)

Varun

Staff
His wages are bound to be on the high side due to the low transfer fee.

ciderman9000000

I'd say that £130k seems reasonable for a player of Alcantara's standing. At the high end perhaps, but not an unrealistic figure for a player considered one of, if not the best young midfielder in the game.

Mainoldo

I'd say that £130k seems reasonable for a player of Alcantara's standing. At the high end perhaps, but not an unrealistic figure for a player considered one of, if not the best young midfielders in the game.
Mad!!!! We can get away with giving Gareth Bale them wages.... That is way too much for Thiago. He's done nothing.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I think it's too much but then again I wouldn't be paying it. If he lives up to his potential, I guess it all pays for itself

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I can't imagine us giving a player who I think can be considered slightly unproven (though very talented) such a salary. I would have expected around the £80k mark. If that's what it took to get him here, then so be it. Then again, are wages ever really confirmed as fact in the press? As we all know, Rooney's reported wages fluctuate wildly in the press, depending on what light they are wishing to paint Rooney or United in.

Revan

Assumptionman
I don't care for wages tbf. We are desperate for a player of his quality and we must pay as much as we need to pay to get him. Also, the wages are probably bigger than they should considering that the transfer fee is low. But very likely it's just pure speculation at the moment.

While 130k before tax seems very much, I will say what I said last year in this thread, he's the biggest La Masia talent since Messi (which means that he's a bigger talent than Fabregas, Pedro and Busquets) so I am happy to get a player of his quality even if that means that we'll pay him as much as Young.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I'd say that £130k seems reasonable for a player of Alcantara's standing. At the high end perhaps, but not an unrealistic figure for a player considered one of, if not the best young midfielder in the game.
My first guess a couple of days ago was 125k and I think this is what we have to pay to secure his signature. On a side note that is why I think Rooney should think twice before starting a fight with the club. He's on a downgoing spiral and if Thiago accepts 130k it would give him a hint about the clubs future priorities.

LR7

The low transfer fee gives room to offer more in wages.
It seems a lot though considering he was on 35k at Barcelona.

prateik

130k reasonable?
Some of you are fecking mental. Its still largely potential..
We didnt want to pay Pogba big wages and that wouldve been under 30k.
No one in our team gets that kind of money other than the 2 lead strikers.. I'd be very surprised if we offered that sort of money to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.