Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.

LR7

As for Ballague I don't believe him for a second. Did we get back our downpayment for Falcao? I'd love him to explain what happened to that money since the lads now a Monaco player, and we were never mentioned in conjunction with him again.

He's putting what has been said lately together and coming up with his own conclusion.

That said, after seeing the unverified comments from his lunch with the journalists, it seems he might not have been as enthusiastic about him as we thought.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Stop moaning you mingy old bunch of grannies, it's pretty fecking clear that his intention was always to go play under Pep at Bayern and I doubt we could've done much to persuade him not to do so.

I wouldn't say it was always his intention. Otherwise we would have never talked to his agent/adviser and offer him a deal. Didn't his dad say we offered him an irresistible deal? Well if he never had any intention of joining us, then he surely wouldn't have given us the time of day, no?

Devil may care

Just throw him on the pile with all the other recent disappointments, I honestly don't see many other options but what the feck, nothing you can do when a better option comes along.

Cina

We don't half fanny around with players though, I know the usual crowd will come in and say you cant blame United, its not out fault, you're a bad fan for raising the issue blah blah blah but how many players over the last few years have we missed out when seemingly in the driving seat? And fannying about in the end, usually because we're trying to save a bit of money....Benzema, Snjeider, Hazard, Moura, Robben, Ronaldinho, Thiago..thats just off the top of my head. We're fantastic, as a club, at many many things, but we're absolutely terrible at buying established players.
Unfortunately, we are not a club with unlimited funds like many others nowadays so it's in the clubs best interests to get the best possible deals, that may mean we miss out on more players but ultimately it's the price you have to pay.

I doubt finances had anything to do with us not getting Thiago anyway, it was clearly the player.

Erentz

Knows everything! 5 years later.
It was obvious the moment Guardiola opened his gob.

fanutd

Shit happens! We will be fine I think. Not the first time we have missed won't be the last. It can be a bit frustrating but we will survive. Can't help but feel that Guardiola played a huge part.

Baxter

Yet another class midfielder missed out but you'll hear people say there haven't been many available that could improve us.
What's the list like now?

Thiago, Martinez, Vidal, Khedira and maybe even Paulinho. That's just off the top of my head.

Cina

I wouldn't say it was always his intention. Otherwise we would have never talked to his agent/adviser and offer him a deal. Didn't his dad say we offered him an irresistible deal? Well if he never had any intention of joining us, then he surely wouldn't have given us the time of day, no?
It was his intention ever since Bayern expressed interest, obviously.

forevrared

Thiago - - Schweinsteiger
------ Martinez----------

-- Kroos --- Gotze --
---- Gustavo ----

Both of those are arguably stronger than our current midfield...

Aporkalypse

Shit happens! We will be fine I think. Not the first time we have missed won't be the last. It can be a bit frustrating but we will survive. Can't help but feel that Guardiola played a huge part.

Guardiolas. Plural. His agent is one as well.

United have really fecked this up by not employing one of their close relatives.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
What's the list like now?

Thiago, Martinez, Vidal, Khedira and maybe even Paulinho. That's just off the top of my head.

Only Paulinho I would say we missed out on, all the others it is understandable why they went to the clubs they did.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
We're fantastic, as a club, at many many things, but we're absolutely terrible at buying established players.
Unless we're the signing players' preferred destination, we generally don't tend to get the deals done. van Persie made it known that he wouldn't sign for anyone else, hence the signing. Other "stars" were either using us for extra cash elsewhere, or would prefer the lifestyle elsewhere. I love Manchester, but you can't argue that sunnier climes are more appealing, especially to the continental players. United is still the big draw for British and Irish players, though. Hopefully that's still the case when Bale comes on the market.

Varun

Staff
We don't half fanny around with players though, I know the usual crowd will come in and say you cant blame United, its not out fault, you're a bad fan for raising the issue blah blah blah but how many players over the last few years have we missed out when seemingly in the driving seat? And fannying about in the end, usually because we're trying to save a bit of money....Benzema, Snjeider, Hazard, Moura, Robben, Ronaldinho, Thiago..thats just off the top of my head. We're fantastic, as a club, at many many things, but we're absolutely terrible at buying established players.

Benz- Told by Zidane to join Real. Given his nationality, we never stood a chance after that. Just like Varane recently.

Sneijder- Dodged a bullet. Not sure why you're complaining.

Hazard- 6mil to the agent on top of the 34mil fee. Am glad we didnt pay that.

Moura- Deal was almost done till PSG came in the last minute and offered much higher wages and transfer fee and the player preferred the cash. Not our fault.

Robben- Dont recall exactly but wasnt it again a case of Chelsea offering much more in the 11th hour? What would you have the club do in such cases?

dinho- Kenyon acted a cnut. Not the way we do business as it was just a one off.

Skywarden

Does anyone else think that our promises may have been what dissuaded Thiago from coming to us? He's a young lad who can't get in at Barca, and all of a sudden he has Manchester United saying we'll build the midfield/team around him. Quite a step up. Sure he wanted more playing time, but I can't help but think we'd be throwing him in at the deep end a bit.

I can't see why else he'd go to Bayern other than to play under a manager who never played him anyway.

Firstly, the thought of a player with his confidence fearing a big role at United is quite unbelievable. He's made for such occasion and he knows it. That's why he was pushing for a move in the first place.

Secondly, I posted some numbers taken from Bayernzone and one of their poster. He was played almost as much all the top midfielders at Barca.

Liam147

On Probation
Well that's just not true.
Players dont think that way. They'd jump at the chance to be the main man at a club like ours. In any case, I dont think we'd have told him anything of that sort anyways. Far too many quality players here to build the team around Thiago.

The part in bold is just inaccurate.
Obviously never is an exaggeration, but he's leaving because he's not played enough. He's leaving for more game time, but we seemed to have offered the other extreme, whereas Bayern is probably the balance between not playing enough and having one of the best teams in the world built around you.

Sam

Benz- Told by Zidane to join Real. Given his nationality, we never stood a chance after that. Just like Varane recently.

Moura- Deal was almost done till PSG came in the last minute and offered much higher wages and transfer fee and the player preferred the cash. Not our fault.

Robben- Dont recall exactly but wasnt it again a case of Chelsea offering much more in the 11th hour? What would you have the club do in such cases?

dinho- Kenyon acted a cnut. Not the way we do business as it was just a one off.
Its never our fault eh? :wenger:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Would have hampered Cleverley and Andersons progress anyway and taken games away from Giggs. For the best if we are honest.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
That 'World Cup' reason of his now looks as credible as Suarez's 'English media' line. Quelle surprise, Rooney...

Cina

Obviously never is an exaggeration, but he's leaving because he's not played enough. He's leaving for more game time, but we seemed to have offered the other extreme, whereas Bayern is probably the balance between not playing enough and having one of the best teams in the world built around you.
You worded that as if to say Pep didn't give him much chances at Barcelona, which just isn't true, and it's one of the main reasons he wants to play under him again.

JP77

Our board couldn't close a door nevermind a deal.

Expect better from you.

This threads been an embarrassment over the last few weeks.

Quality player, but it happens. No need to start going overboard and shitting over our board, manager or anybody else involved with the club. We missed out on a player, it's not the end of the fecking world.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news

Hazard will end up being worth it though...

fanutd

Guardiolas. Plural. His agent is one as well.

United have really fecked this up by not employing one of their close relatives.

Oh yea, I totally forgot about this agent brother. I don't think we have fecked up, or at least would like to think we tried our best but were undone by personal connections/contacts.

I still feel we will add the right players to the team and come the end of transfer window we will be much stronger than before. While missing out on Thiago will hurt a bit, I am sure we will get the appropriate alternative. Just go to trust the club.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Would have hampered Cleverley and Andersons progress anyway and taken games away from Giggs. For the best if we are honest.
Yeah, Ando is finally gonna come good this year. Giggs has the legs in him to last another 10 years. We don't need a midfielder at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.