Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So we have been over for a good sniff round or something but nothing & now suddenly Shitty are triggering the release clause. :houllier:
It just says that they have informed Barca that they are willing to trigger the release clause, the tweet mentions us as well. Basically nothing has happened and nothing will happen with Thiago until after the euro's.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
The United rumour going public was presumably to make sure that everyone knew he was "out there" - the U21 tournament basically gives the potential bidders a couple of weeks to start moving. Good performances in the tournament might even improve the offers, or get him a new deal from Barca.

The Spanish press think a new deal from Barcelona is unlikely to materialize - except to get a better buyout clause in there - and that the club has already decided he's dispensable. I've even heard phrases like, "not developing as expected," being used this week.

Real Madrid are supposed to be interested, but are unlikely to give him any guarantees about playing time, so that's probably a non-starter. City and us are the teams who get named most often in the speculation.

Mainoldo

Didnt know Strootman was in this U21 tournment too.. Gives everyone a good chance to see him too. Wouldn't read much into any City romours, the way we operate his already agreed to sign with us or he really is waiting until this tournment is over.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Didnt know Strootman was in this U21 tournment too.. Gives everyone a good chance to see him too. Wouldn't read much into any City romours, the way we operate his already agreed to sign with us or he really is waiting until this tournment is over.
Because City have never beaten us to a signing.

bosnian_red

Am I the only one who thinks a move to City would probably be as beneficial to Thiago as a move to United, in terms of football anyway? Excluding the fact he'd get more money there too.
Footballing wise he'd be a guaranteed starter here, while it's debatable if he'd be a guaranteed starter there right from the start. Mancini liked to play with Toure and another defensive midfielder next to him, and then Silva, Aguero, Tevez and another winger/attacking midfielder. He would probably start for both, but he would be much more important in our team I feel.

KiD MoYeS

Footballing wise he'd be a guaranteed starter here, while it's debatable if he'd be a guaranteed starter there right from the start. Mancini liked to play with Toure and another defensive midfielder next to him, and then Silva, Aguero, Tevez and another winger/attacking midfielder. He would probably start for both, but he would be much more important in our team I feel.
Pellegrini has played with an attacking 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, Thiago would know this too. A system that would probably suit him. He'd easily replace the likes of Barry and Milner in the team.

Mainoldo

Because City have never beaten us to a signing.
If they have its because we haven't agreed anything. Which is basically what i said. Not a matter of what some would or always believe in which we are operating slow and clubs taking players from under our nose.

KiD MoYeS

If they have its because we haven't agreed anything. Which is basically what i said. Not a matter of what some would or always believe in which we are operating slow and clubs taking players from under our nose.
Do you reckon we've already agreed something with Thiago?

bosnian_red

I don't even think they have to be honest. The only one I can think of that we were also rumoured with was Balotelli, and well, I doubt Ferguson ever seriously wanted him.

Mainoldo

Pellegrini has played with an attacking 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, Thiago would know this too. A system that would probably suit him. He'd easily replace the likes of Barry and Milner in the team.
Unless he can play the Toulalan (think thats how you spell it) role. I don't see how he fits into their formation as a starter. He's not better than Silva and wont get ahead of Tevez Nasri or Aguero for the other forward role.

KiD MoYeS

Unless he can play the Toulalan (think thats how you spell it) role. I don't see how he fits into their formation as a starter. He's not better than Silva and wont get ahead of Tevez Nasri or Aguero for the other forward role.
Tevez and Nasri won't be at City next season, I'd imagine.

RedRover

Tevez and Nasri could be gone this summer, and nobody knows how Pellegrini is going to play.

It's clear a lot of clubs will be in for Thiago - he looks a very good player, so its fair to assume we won't be the only ones.

KiD MoYeS

If he went to City he'd get more money, play with Spanish players, a Spanish speaking manager who probably knows more about him than Moyes, it's not as ridiculous a move as some would suggest.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
If he went to City he'd get more money, play with Spanish players, a Spanish speaking manager who probably knows more about him than Moyes, it's not as ridiculous a move as some would suggest.
It has all gone tits up hasn't it Cunto!

Oh well back to the Fellani vs Strootman thread :(

Commadus

Lets sign both Strootman and Alcantara - finally we can have some midfielders.

bosnian_red

He's closer to De Gea than he is with David Silva or Javi Garcia I'd imagine. He probably hasn't ever even talked to the other two while he is already friends with De Gea.
Basically at United, he'd have more guarantees about a starting spot, the lure of playing at Old Trafford at one of the biggest clubs in the world and he'd have De Gea here. At City he'd have Pellegrini and probably more money (although I doubt he'd be getting paid loads at either club.

KiD MoYeS

Playing at Old Trafford could mean diddly squat to him. And we can't say for certain he'd be guaranteed more games here than City. I'm sure he has enough confidence in his ability to believe he can dislodge Gareth Barry.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hopefully Moyesy has a thing for midfielders, like Fergie had to Strikers.

Please tell me Moyes played CM for somebody, somewhere, sometime :nervous:

Mainoldo

**Meltdown**. If it made so much sense to go to City why are us caftards just bringing it up now? It would probably make more sense to go to Chelsea but who knows. We've shown actual general interest in the past which will count for a lot.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Incidentally, just in case it hasn't been reported in here.

DdG did say in his press interviews this week that he hopes Thiago will join him at United.

Thiago responded very diplomatically that he was flattered, because you always hope that good players will come and play with you and so he'd like DdG to come to Barceona...

bosnian_red

**Meltdown**. If it made so much sense to go to City why are us caftards just bringing it up now? It would probably make more sense to go to Chelsea but who knows. We've shown actual general interest in the past which will count for a lot.
Its just people trying to cool the talk, and being pessimistic. Counter-muppets if you will.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
Checked a Thiago thread on a Barca forum and they seem to have more or less "accepted" the fact that the future for him there doesn't look good and are angry across the boards at their management for not giving him more playing time, etc. saying how he deserved to play more.

No talk of either of the Manchester clubs on there for now though, supposedly Milan are interested...but there's nothing to back it up just a post of "supposed interest".

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
Hopefully Moyesy has a thing for midfielders, like Fergie had to Strikers.

Please tell me Moyes played CM for somebody, somewhere, sometime :nervous:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ffer-refuse-bring-coaching-methods-speed.html

Moyes stressed that upcoming coaches must take as gospel the old football maxim that matches are won and lost in midfield.
But he also argued that more attention than ever should be paid to the engine room, given the unprecedented tactical variety of the modern game.
Unsurprisingly, the new Manchester United manager was left enchanted by Bayern Munich’s play en route to the 2013 Champions League title, but the tactical innovations of the Swiss side Basle have also left him entranced.

‘David likes his coaching to be “game realistic”, said Fleeting. ‘He was talking about how everything these days goes through the middle of the park, so we try to play everything through that area (in our coaching).
‘If we were working on attacking wide areas, you still have to recognise that everything goes through the middle at some point — because that’s where the game is won. If someone is going to play three men in there, you’re going to want to play four in there.
‘Then there’s all the different shapes of a four-man midfield, while the Barcelona system, where they move about and there isn’t that consistency, is more common these days.

‘David spoke too about Bayern Munich and how much he admires their flexible style of football with Franck Ribery, Thomas Muller and Arjen Robben. Basle, too, and how they play with a three but with one coming in off the side.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ing-coaching-methods-speed.html#ixzz2UmpHBzrN
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
If this is on the money - then Moyes should be all over our midfield issues. Fingers crossed.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
well fecking take it up it will make life less dull for ya
:lol:

I am not quite sure what you are getting at. Perhaps you are implying that I am miserable with too much time on my hands. I do work full time, just at a computer half the time. I have actually advocated for the signings of Fellani and Baines. I was more referring to them being unpopular with others.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ffer-refuse-bring-coaching-methods-speed.html

If this is on the money - then Moyes should be all over our midfield issues. Fingers crossed.
great to see he's more than just taken notice of what Bayern have been doing.
But he'll need to spend some serious money if he wants United's midfield to be one of the top ones around, at the very least bring in 2 midfielders or keep hold of Rooney and get at least 1 top class signing.

bosnian_red

great to see he's more than just taken notice of what Bayern have been doing.
But he'll need to spend some serious money if he wants United's midfield to be one of the top ones around, at the very least bring in 2 midfielders or keep hold of Rooney and get at least 1 top class signing.
If we manage to get both Thiago and Strootman then I really do think we will have one of the best midfields around a few years down the line. We'd probably have the best midfield in the league right away, with Carrick and Thiago starting, and having Cleverley, Strootman, Anderson as cover. We have plenty of players capable of being cover for midfield, our only real problem there is we have nobody apart from Carrick good enough to start for us there consistently.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
we both have a new manager, neither of our teams know how we'll set up and play, both would give him a chance to compete for titles, but apart from a possibly bigger wage bill, United has the slight upperhand in this because of a couple of things: 1) United is...well...United...City although are becoming a big club are not there yet and United is still a significantly bigger name and I'm guessing it would be a bigger honor to play for United than City at this point. 2) He's got more chance of being a genuine starter for United than he does for City 3) De Gea's doing his part in trying to persuade him, meanwhile I don't see anyone in City's ranks trying to do anything of the sort (although I hardly have a "reason" to be able to know about all this)
City will be another Chelsea if they can win more titles they become a more attractive destination and will pay over the odd's for players. We do not know what motivates him but money seems to be big on most peoples minds. Also we don't know how much he will play there but we can assume more than he did at Barca, he is better than all their midfielder's bar Toure. Like I said it is the prestige of United that would make him pick us over City everything else they can match us. We said the same about Lucas but he ended up at PSG. If they want him they have a good chance.

RedRover

He's closer to De Gea than he is with David Silva or Javi Garcia I'd imagine. He probably hasn't ever even talked to the other two while he is already friends with De Gea.
Basically at United, he'd have more guarantees about a starting spot, the lure of playing at Old Trafford at one of the biggest clubs in the world and he'd have De Gea here. At City he'd have Pellegrini and probably more money (although I doubt he'd be getting paid loads at either club.
You're clutching at straws a bit there. What about if Isco signs for City?

It seems to me like he just wants to play and he might chose one club over another on that basis, but he'll take advice from his father and other players no doubt. He might even end up getting the assurances he wants from Barca and staying there.

He seems to have his head screwed on so hopefully, if the chance to come to United comes along he'll take it.

bosnian_red

You're clutching at straws a bit there. What about if Isco signs for City?

It seems to me like he just wants to play and he might chose one club over another on that basis, but he'll take advice from his father and other players no doubt. He might even end up getting the assurances he wants from Barca and staying there.

He seems to have his head screwed on so hopefully, if the chance to come to United comes along he'll take it.
I was replying to him saying that at City he'd be playing with Spanish players (Silva and Garcia are their own two), while we have one who is actually friends with him. It's a little thing but it could swing it our way.

RedRover

City will be another Chelsea if they can win more titles they become a more attractive destination and will pay over the odd's for players. We do not know what motivates him but money seems to be big on most peoples minds. Also we don't know how much he will play there but we can assume more than he did at Barca, he is better than all their midfielder's bar Toure. Like I said it is the prestige of United that would make him pick us over City everything else they can match us. We said the same about Lucas but he ended up at PSG. If they want him they have a good chance.
It seems to be the done thing for every player who signs for City or Chelsea should be labelled as a "mercenary" which I think is unfair.

The prestige of United and its history is attractive, but its also the case that the club has just lost the worlds best manager, who has kept the club at the top regardless of what's been going on. Some players might take a look and think that they have a better chance of winning trophies elsewhere. Its not an unreasonable proposition.

RedRover

I was replying to him saying that at City he'd be playing with Spanish players (Silva and Garcia are their own two), while we have one who is actually friends with him. It's a little thing but it could swing it our way.
Maybe, but he probably has a lot of friends at Barca - and he still might be looking to move on. I suppose having a friend at the club can't hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.